NRA Members???

Repost post #114

Apology!
I want to APOLOGIZE to each and every NRA member for not doing my part to support the organization! I was an NRA member for many years in the'70s and 80's but because of issues beyond my control I had to drop my membership! I have wanted to rejoin the NRA, but when you're on a fixed income you have to manage every penny to make ends meet. Sometimes, it just seems impossible. I'm a Volunteer Hunter Ed. and Boating Safety Instructor in Va. and the Volunteer means just that, no pay! I'm not complaining because I teach kids from 8 to 80 about gun safety, control and survival in the outdoors! For me there is no greater reward. For the past 15+ yrs of teaching, when a child comes up to me in a restaurant or store and tells me about the deer or turkey they've harvested or that they caught a family member or guardian doing something wrong in the field and called them on it, I know what I do is worth it all! I have had parents express their appreciation to me and say their kid caught them doing something wrong and told them that wasn't the way it's supposed to be done! Those kids are paying it forward. If I can or have prevented one accident then all my efforts will have been worth it!

What I'm trying to say is, I have posted rants about all the anti-gun nuts as well as the injustices our Government is trying to impose on us but I haven't recently been a member of the most important and powerful pro gun organization in the country! I sat down with my better half last week and told her how badly it made me feel that neither of us belonged to the NRA anymore! I have had a CCP in Va. for almost as long as Va. has had a Concealed Carry Law and that is greatly attributable to the NRA. Because we're on a fixed income, we had to sacrifice some necessities but we both rejoined the NRA ! We acknowledge that supporting the NRA is vital for the preservation and defense of our great nation, our way of life and for keeping our Constitution intact!

We would one day like to become life members of this great organization!
Welcome back friend!

Another troll post with no purpose other than attacking a forum member.

Amazing... the hypocrisy of gun owners telling anti gun owners that they are ignorant, misinformed, too lazy to research gun crime facts, yadda yadda, then turn around and do the same thing when it involves the NRA...OH THE HYPOCRISY.

Is the only purpose for joining the NRA to feel warm and fuzzy on the inside? Because after reading all the posts here and doing research blues pointed to, it definitely can't be because of our gun Rights.
Hypocrisy? Lol
I know that if T.R. was a life member, then the group is definitely the most powerful, capable and by far the BEST group for the people. The fact that we sometimes compromise on, say...ensuring that the court defined mentally ill are denied access shows that we are also....gasp...responsible???!!! There were some acts which didn't happen in 1776. There were also hangings for the extremely bad ones, such as murder and rape. So you support the original context, ok. Go ahead and give a convicted felon your gun. Go ahead! When he cocks it, puts it to your head , rapes your daughter(s), takes your money and car keys and shoots your wife and leaves, I'm sure he will thank you for giving him his 2A rights back. And you can live out your days happy as a clam because you supported the constitution in your own way.

As for me, I am more comfortable knowing that if i ever meet up with an early release Sonny Bulger and have to kill him, I will not be questioned on the legality of the shoot because, yes, he was a convicted felon who forfeited his 2A rights when he murdered his wife and countless New Yorkers and he pulled a gun on me.

For all Bubbles bitching, it points to him maybe being a convicted felon, like edsworld. His anger at us may be a sign of anger at himself for allowing his 2a rights to be forfeited. But hen again, criminals are always 'innocent.'

Yes, hypocrisy. Apparently since all you can do is lol, I'll take that just like your other posts which had no substance because well...You don't have any.

Nice use of extreme unrealistic examples...Did you pick those up from the NRA or the Brady campaign? ...i can't tell... Blues has come here with prime examples and research...You are the one who came with hate and sarcasm. Hypocrisy runs deep.

The NRA had nothing to do with keeping felons unarmed, that was the Constitution. Blues a felon? What next, I'm a felon too? Then what...millions of people not part of the NRA are felons? Blues is in armed security, anyone who wanted to read any of his post history could have figured that out. But let's not let that stop the hypocrisy, you know when the media just prints whatever they want, and gun owners can say, "oh they are so dumb, they have no idea what they are taking about, how about they do research and actually report facts?"...When will the hypocrisy end?

If you aren't going to respond to blues post or my posts with your own research as to why the NRA is worth my money, then there will be no need to respond to any of your further posts here.

It's not really much different from an election. You put your money where you think it will do the most good just as you do with your vote. People just have differing opinions as to where their money will do the most good. It's not like that's anything shocking or new. Sure,we may wish everyone else would feel the same way as we do, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. It doesn't really help to start going at each other's throat over the issue.

Yes, hypocrisy. Apparently since all you can do is lol, I'll take that just like your other posts which had no substance because well...You don't have any.

Nice use of extreme unrealistic examples...Did you pick those up from the NRA or the Brady campaign? ...i can't tell... Blues has come here with prime examples and research...You are the one who came with hate and sarcasm. Hypocrisy runs deep.

The NRA had nothing to do with keeping felons unarmed, that was the Constitution. Blues a felon? What next, I'm a felon too? Then what...millions of people not part of the NRA are felons? Blues is in armed security, anyone who wanted to read any of his post history could have figured that out. But let's not let that stop the hypocrisy, you know when the media just prints whatever they want, and gun owners can say, "oh they are so dumb, they have no idea what they are taking about, how about they do research and actually report facts?"...When will the hypocrisy end?

If you aren't going to respond to blues post or my posts with your own research as to why the NRA is worth my money, then there will be no need to respond to any of your further posts here.

If I had about 3 weeks of free time, I might get about 2% of blues posts read. Ramble ramble rant rant

It's not really much different from an election. You put your money where you think it will do the most good just as you do with your vote. People just have differing opinions as to where their money will do the most good. It's not like that's anything shocking or new. Sure,we may wish everyone else would feel the same way as we do, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. It doesn't really help to start going at each other's throat over the issue.

I agree with Rhino. I have been half pi$$ed off with all the B S I've been reading in the papers about the AWB and gun control legislation that the liberal anti gun crowd is trying to push thorough. And all the NRA and Anti NRA stuff is a distraction from what the gun grabbers are trying or about to do to us Pro Gun People. I imho think we should be pulling together not apart.
If we don't start working together we may lose all the ground we have made in the last 10-15 years.
Instead of bickering we should be using this time to be calling, writing and emailing our Reps and Senators.
Just my 2 cents, your mileage my vary.

I got a one year membership but won't be renewing. I have seen zero benefits from being a member and don't like paying for something that provides nothing to me. (I don't get how me being a member will help gun rights any more than my vote will.)

I got a one year membership but won't be renewing. I have seen zero benefits from being a member and don't like paying for something that provides nothing to me. (I don't get how me being a member will help gun rights any more than my vote will.)

And this is the other half of what I mean - I totally get what youre saying. It can only mean a) the NRA truly ISN'T getting it done to your satisfaction and/or, b) they aren't getting the message out. This is what I'm getting at when I say they have to improve. You gotta do the job and then make sure you sell a good product. I support them because I recognize their clout, but if we're going to ever get above a paltry 4 million members, they can't follow the status quo - you can't just yell "get out and vote" without constantly offering improved candidates.
Make no mistake - I'm not saying they have to be better salesmen - I'm saying they can do a better job. Then the membership will grow. Seems like we've been at 4 million a long time.

Blues, to these folks that are spending so much time typing responses to you for not supporting the NRA; if they would spend and apply the same amount of effort in calling and writing their Congressional Representatives, both HOUSE and Senate, maybe they wouldn't have to rely on the NRA to "educate" the Hill. By calling directly to the offices, and even asking for a face to face appointment with a House Rep., they could deliver the message directly themselves. That's the way to get involved....IF.....the NRA backers want things to turn out the way they desire. I believe active political contact with Representatives does make a difference. It lets the Rep know how you are thinking, and how you will vote in the next election.

I wonder how many folks here called their Congressional Rep and asked for support on the National Reciprocity Act? Well, I did!!!!!!!!!! And guess what? It passed the U.S. House by a 2-1 margin. Folks, that means that this issue has bi-partisan support. I feel like everyone should be contacting their Congressional Reps, especially now after Sandy Hook, and urging them to have the Senate bring up this bill and vote on it. I know that both Houses are concentrating on this Debt Ceiling Debate right now, and that will take first stage, but after that is settled, it's time for us to push hard. I guarantee our opponents will be doing so. Don't rely on the spineless NRA to do your negotiating for you. Do it yourself and let your Representative know what you want, and demand that he/she votes they way you want them to on this issue!

Finally, I guess I should really ask how many here even knew a National Carry Reciprocity Act even passed the U.S. House. My bet is ....NOT MANY!!

If I had about 3 weeks of free time, I might get about 2% of blues posts read. Ramble ramble rant rant

Well that explains a lot....I can research, compile links and type faster than you can read. This picture is getting clearer by the minute.

Apparently he couldn't take it here so he had to start his own "membership only" thread...So sad...anyways buckeye posted it quite nicely...

I have no intention of giving up my rights to any piece of crap political whore.

That is why I will not join the NRA.

I wonder how many folks here called their Congressional Rep and asked for support on the National Reciprocity Act? Well, I did!!!!!!!!!!
Finally, I guess I should really ask how many here even knew a National Carry Reciprocity Act even passed the U.S. House. My bet is ....NOT MANY!!

I emailed my rep about it right after it passed. Typical response from her, too.
Much as I dearly wanted this bill to pass for the sake of my own agenda (to be able to carry everywhere with my NY CCW) I asked her how, in its present form, it ever got past the House. With the huge discrepancies between state laws, I wanted to know how on earth this bill could get through, again IN ITS PRESENT FORM. Her reply? "Mark, I want you to know how proud I am to say I voted to pass this bill yadda yadda..."
Ok great, thanks, now getting back to my question, darling...

I've been staring at it laying in the Senate for well over a year. So many ways for a bill to die...

I posted this a few days ago but thought it was appropriate here as well!

Apology!
I want to APOLOGIZE to each and every NRA member for not doing my part to support the organization! I was an NRA member for many years in the'70s and 80's but because of issues beyond my control I had to drop my membership! I have wanted to rejoin the NRA, but when you're on a fixed income you have to manage every penny to make ends meet. Sometimes, it just seems impossible. I'm a Volunteer Hunter Ed. and Boating Safety Instructor in Va. and the Volunteer means just that, no pay! I'm not complaining because I teach kids from 8 to 80 about gun safety, control and survival in the outdoors! For me there is no greater reward. For the past 15+ yrs of teaching, when a child comes up to me in a restaurant or store and tells me about the deer or turkey they've harvested or that they caught a family member or guardian doing something wrong in the field and called them on it, I know what I do is worth it all! I have had parents express their appreciation to me and say their kid caught them doing something wrong and told them that wasn't the way it's supposed to be done! Those kids are paying it forward. If I can or have prevented one accident then all my efforts will have been worth it!

What I'm trying to say is, I have posted rants about all the anti-gun nuts as well as the injustices our Government is trying to impose on us but I haven't recently been a member of the most important and powerful pro gun organization in the country! I sat down with my better half last week and told her how badly it made me feel that neither of us belonged to the NRA anymore! I have had a CCP in Va. for almost as long as Va. has had a Concealed Carry Law and that is greatly attributable to the NRA. Because we're on a fixed income, we had to sacrifice some necessities but we both rejoined the NRA ! We acknowledge that supporting the NRA is vital for the preservation and defense of our great nation, our way of life and for keeping our Constitution intact!

We would one day like to become life members of this great organization!

Well that explains a lot....I can research, compile links and type faster than you can read. This picture is getting clearer by the minute.

Actually, when someone disagrees with you, you spend hours forming a response.

Hey bubbles! Check this out! Looks like biden needs us to cooperate doesn't it?

"Friday’s meeting comes a day after the National Rifle Association rejected Obama administration proposals to limit high-capacity ammunition magazines and dug in on its opposition to an assault weapons ban, which Obama has previously said he will propose to Congress. The NRA was one of the pro-gun rights groups that met with Biden during the day."

Hmmmm...you are still entitled to your dumbass opinion though.

Click me! Cick me! Oh pleeeaaassee!!!

Link Removed

Actually, when someone disagrees with you, you spend hours forming a response.

And it took three whole days for you to come up with that brain-dead reply.
pajenry_by_laoperz.gif

Hey bubbles! Check this out! Looks like biden needs us to cooperate doesn't it?

Allow me to quote myself:

If you're so busy trying to decide what to "call" me other than my user name, or some non-intentionally-insulting abbreviation thereof, you're busy doing nothing but trying to figure out how to troll, to spread discontent, to be rude, childish and hateful. Your choice, but people who can't control themselves don't usually last long around here once they've established such a pattern.

Blues

Before you replied to me making the above post necessary, you said this:

I won't answer beyond this post.

So now you're not only a troll, but you're a lying troll who doesn't have the self-control or brains God gave an amoeba.

This will be my last reply to you, lying troll. It's been days since I replied to you, and that should have been enough time for you to cool down and quit obsessing over me. From now on, if you insist on replying to me, I suggest that you leave the troll bait out of it, as instead of an angry response, which I have yet to give you, but which is obviously what you're trolling for, I will simply report your trolls and let the site owner decide if you're contributing anything worth keeping you around for. Good luck with that, lying troll.

Blues

And it took three whole days for you to come up with that brain-dead reply.
bluhbluhbluh

Allow me to quote myself:

yes, because we all care about your opinion. Lolz

Before you replied to me making the above post necessary, you said this:

that was regarding the topic of obummer being muslim. So again, bluhbluhbluh

So now you're not only a troll, but you're a lying troll who doesn't have the self-control or brains God gave an amoeba.

This will be my last reply to you, lying troll. It's been days since I replied to you, and that should have been enough time for you to cool down and quit obsessing over me. From now on, if you insist on replying to me, I suggest that you leave the troll bait out of it, as instead of an angry response, which I have yet to give you, but which is obviously what you're trolling for, I will simply report your trolls and let the site owner decide if you're contributing anything worth keeping you around for. Good luck with that, lying troll.

All of this irrelevant, as I just showed. But thank you for finally calling me names that don't start with the letter v
Blues

And I quote myself: bluhbluhbluhbluhbluh!! You had nothing but misinterpreted history. Hitler would be proud of you!
But, no matter how stupid your opinion is, no matter how small the grain of truth in that giant pile of crap which is your opinion...I will respect it. I will respect it as much as Amy Winehouse respected her body.

Godwin's Law
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Godwin's Law
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

...followed by some idiot commenting on Amy Winehouse's lips...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back