Nevada CCW application wait time

Took a bit longer

I hope 10 weeks is all it is. Ive heard rumors that its taking the full 120 days in some cases. Waiting sucks. I pretty much wore out my carry gun just getting familiar with it at the range lol

Just got mine, I live in Clark County. It took 14 weeks and 3 days!

I'm not from Nevada and I live in a state/county where you walk out of the sheriff's office with your CCW so I don't understand how this works. How does it work when you go to renew your permit? If it takes up to 120 days, do you have to stop carrying for that time period or are you given a grace period while you wait?

I'm not from Nevada and I live in a state/county where you walk out of the sheriff's office with your CCW so I don't understand how this works. How does it work when you go to renew your permit? If it takes up to 120 days, do you have to stop carrying for that time period or are you given a grace period while you wait?

We are suppose to submit our renewal 120 days before it expires. I guess if you send it in too late, there may be a period that you arent legally carrying. I saw on the news last night, that they are trying to submit a bill so than any legal gun owner in NV, can conceal carry in NV. That would be nice, but the draw back is, I dont think most states would honor NV ccw then.

We are suppose to submit our renewal 120 days before it expires. I guess if you send it in too late, there may be a period that you arent legally carrying. I saw on the news last night, that they are trying to submit a bill so than any legal gun owner in NV, can conceal carry in NV. That would be nice, but the draw back is, I dont think most states would honor NV ccw then.

The new legislation in Nevada is written so that anyone who lawfully can own a firearm can carry it in Nevada. You can also get a CCW with the required training that allows Nevada CCW's to be recognized by other states. Frankly if you can carry legally in Nevada without a ccw, just get a Utah and/or Florida ccw for a large number of states to carry in outside Nevada.

I get a kick out of the fact that it took 43 days to get my nonresident Florida permit and now I will end up waiting an additional 73 days to get my home state Nevada CCW permit. Pretty sad!!!

Oh ok. Makes sense. It's too bad it takes them that long to issue them, though.

I get a kick out of the fact that it took 43 days to get my nonresident Florida permit and now I will end up waiting an additional 73 days to get my home state Nevada CCW permit. Pretty sad!!!

I agree, that IS sad. I live in Nevada too. My Utah renewal was $10 for another 5 years and arrived in my mailbox 7 business days after I sent it in.

I took my renewal class and submitted my application to Washoe County on March 22. The lady told me that it will take the entire 120 days to receive my new permit. We'll see what happens. Last time, it took 72 days. I'm a nonresident and I was able to get my permit faster than a lot of Nevada residents. I think there's something wrong with that picture.

I mailed in my Utah renewal today. That one should be coming back soon.

Ok what happens on the 121st day? Do I go down to the Sheriffs office that I applied at with all my paper work and ask to talk with a supervisor? I understand they are required by law to issue within 120 days but what is my recourse?

Ok what happens on the 121st day? Do I go down to the Sheriffs office that I applied at with all my paper work and ask to talk with a supervisor? I understand they are required by law to issue within 120 days but what is my recourse?

I would definitely call the Sheriff's Office and bring it up. I'm sure they'll have some excuse.

I would definitely call the Sheriff's Office and bring it up. I'm sure they'll have some excuse.

I'm only at around 75 days right now. So they have another month and a half before I can complain. Just seems stupid that it takes longer for my own state? Got my Florida non-resident in less then 60 days??? What's with that ****!!!

I'm only at around 75 days right now. So they have another month and a half before I can complain. Just seems stupid that it takes longer for my own state? Got my Florida non-resident in less then 60 days??? What's with that ****!!!

In 2008, my brother and I took the CCW class in Washoe County and submitted our applications. I am a nonresident of Nevada so I was required to file my app at the Washoe County Sheriff's Office. My brother lives in Douglas County so he was required to file his app there. I received my permit in 72 days. My brother's did not come for a long time. It ended up being 130 days.

Later, I found this post on USA Carry Forum:

Ok so after posting to this forum and talking to a few trusted people in my area (douglas county),I decided to call the sherriffs office today and ask about my ccw again.the lady was almost as rude on the phone .I dont know if she was the origanal person I talked to but she put me on hold for a while only to come back to tell me that it was not ready,something was wrong ,she didnt know why or wheni would get it.

well I had enough of this answer,so I questioned the fact that if there was something wrong wouldnt they have contacted me?i asked her if she was familar with shall grant within 120 days unless denied?she said I dont know I can transfer you to the investigator if you want.I replied yes please!!! .sure enough a voice mail kicks in.I thought for sure I would be lost in voice mailhell..

he called back an hour later, asked my name ,put me on hold and came back to tell me that someone had put my file on his desk on sept 17th.He hadnt gotten to it., he assumed it was a new file.When I explained it was due back on the 19th he replied "of september?"I said yes .he said when did you apply. i said may 19th he said man you should have had this back a long time ago.he then said ill have to call you back again.he did within ten minutes and explained that he just ran myFBI file and approved it over the phone with me.he said he wouldsend it to the under sherriff today to get signed and i sould have it within the week.that just goes to show that those lazy ***** clerks must have lost my stuff or never turned it in origanlly. they put it on his desk after i had gone in the first time to ask about it.there strong defense make more sense all of the sudden.

anyway thanks to those who replied.hopefully ill have it soon.

I told my brother to call them but he was afraid to.

I had forgotten all about this until I read your post the first time.

What is the penalty for the sheriff department and who do you call if your application goes over the 120 days? I realize I can go down to where I filed with my paper work and raise hell. but if they blow me off who do you contact and what is the penalty for the Sheriff?

Hopefully, the Sheriff's Office will be accommodating if you have to contact them. I am not sure what penalties the Sheriff faces for not complying with the 120 day requirement.

I guess you can contact the Nevada Sheriffs' and Chiefs' Association for complaints and information.

Link Removed

I think someone like Varminter22, who has far more knowledge of this than I do, will be able to give you more input on this. You might want to PM him.

I hope this works out. Please let us know how this goes.

Got mine Thursday April 18th. I was actually very surprised . I was expecting to wait another month. I submitted my app on Feb 6th . Just for reference Im In Vegas, and submitted to the station on Martin Luther King .

Got mine Thursday April 18th. I was actually very surprised . I was expecting to wait another month. I submitted my app on Feb 6th . Just for reference Im In Vegas, and submitted to the station on Martin Luther King .

I applied about 10 days before you at the same location in Vegas. Still have not gotten mine. I got my non-resident Florida permit in 56 days and still waiting on Nevada? But your post gives me hope. Congrats!

Same here. I applied on January 14th, and no permit yet. No rejection letter yet either though, which is a good thing. I guess I'll just keep waiting the rest of the 120 days before I start stressing about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back