Nevada CCW application wait time

Clark County - LVMPD
NR CCW - initial application
Submitted late Jan 2015
Picked up mid May 2015
104 days turn around.

My friend's NR CCW was mailed on the 105th day.

I turned in my application, got fingerprinted, pic taken, and pay the fee on Auguest 7, 2015 here in LV on Cameron Ave. They said 120 days so I have about 3 more months to wait for it. Hopefully it will go faster since I just retired from 22 years of Active Duty service in the Air Force or not. Who knows anymore. I don't have any felony, any weapon crime, or any speeding ticket in the last 12 years. Will update this thread when I receive my CCW.

Last edited:
Elko county, first permit and most recent both got back to me around the 3 week mark. Mostly because I have no need of checking my mail daily, so it may have sat over night

Elko is pretty efficient, even though it did take me 2 round trips from Ogden, UT; one for the course and one to turn in the application.

In less than 3 weeks after turning in the paperwork I got a reply from the sheriff's dept. Unfortunately, it was a temporary denial, the sheriff wanted to know about a misdemeanor in 1989 and one in 1971. And he was out of town for a bit when I first called. But when I did get in touch with him, the permiot showed up in my mailbox within like 4 days.

Received my CCW in the mail yesterday, Nov 17, 2015. 100 days. Thank you LVMPD. Finally I can use my new Alienware IBW holster.

What did you have to do for renewal NV nonresident CWP? Retake a class? Where do you get the form? Can it be done online?

Now its 2016 just took my class and filed for my concealed carry permit in Clark County January 25, 2016 been told it will take full 120 days. I let you know when I get my permit.

First time permit for CCW....I applied in Jan 2015....I was told it would take 120 days. Got my permit on day 117

So I applied on Feb. 4th. I am still waiting. Yesterday (Saturday, May 14th) Marked Day 100, only 20 days left max. I am in Clark County, and I would love to see my CCW sitting in the mail on Monday, I am hoping mine is 102 days like some of the people on here. We Will See, I will post when I receive!

So as of Today (Saturday, May 28th, 2016 - Day 114) My Clark County Resident Permit still has not yet arrived. I'm hoping it was issued and is just in transit, but we shall see. Will Update at end of the week, or sooner if it arrives. 115 Days seems to be the average, so I am hoping I will receive mine Tuesday or Wednesday. Happy Memorial Day everyone, I hope you enjoy it! Good Shooting!

So as of Today (Saturday, May 28th, 2016 - Day 114) My Clark County Resident Permit still has not yet arrived. I'm hoping it was issued and is just in transit, but we shall see. Will Update at end of the week, or sooner if it arrives. 115 Days seems to be the average, so I am hoping I will receive mine Tuesday or Wednesday. Happy Memorial Day everyone, I hope you enjoy it! Good Shooting!

Keep us updated.....I was told they are busy and to allow the entire 120 days(that was in Jan 2015)....it took 117 days to receive mine.

Finally Received My Clark County Resident CFP (CCW)

Keep us updated.....I was told they are busy and to allow the entire 120 days(that was in Jan 2015)....it took 117 days to receive mine.

So It Looks like you were right Vegas Girl! Mine probably would have been delivered on day 117 for me as well, but we had the holiday, so Monday there was no mail, I received mine Yesterday, Wednesday June 1st, Day 118. I am incredibly happy! I was worried they would find some way to deny me, I knew I met all criteria, but then I heard this story just last week and it made me fear that the same thing might happen to me. I met someone at the Clark County Shooting Complex just last week who waited 115 days to finally receive a denial letter, because it turned out that the instructor he used to take his CCW Class was under investigation. So they are making him take the class again with a different instructor and reapply with no refund, even though he has proof that the instructor was on their approval list the day he took the class, and in fact was on the Metropolitan Police Departments Approval list until just 2 weeks ago. I thought that was messed up! But he Received both his Florida and Utah Non Resident Permits (Whom Presumably use the same FBI Background Check, and also presumably looks into the instructor who Teaches the Class) and they apparently had no problems with this instructor. So I was worried something like that was going to happen to me, but thankfully, nothing fishy happened and I received the card with no mistakes on it.

So here are some interesting facts for anyone who cares. I know when I started getting antsy for my CCW to arrive, I went searching through all the local forums trying to find as much of this info as I could... I applied on Feb. 4th, 2016. My CCW issue date was Friday, May 27th (Day 113 from the date I Applied). The Envelope that the Permit Arrived in was Post Marked Tuesday, May 31st. This means they issued the Permit on Friday, but didn't actually have the post office pick it up until after the Memorial day Weekend (I am assuming because it was issued later in the day on Friday, after Mail was already picked up for that day.) So My Permit was issued on day 113, but was actually placed in the mail for Delivery on day 117. The Cool thing is I live only about 10 Minutes from the Police Department, so I received the Envelope the day after it was actually mailed, and got my Permit the afternoon of Wednesday, June 1st (Which was Yesterday, Day 118). This seems to be about average for this year.

I have a friend who applied about 2 weeks before me, and he received his on day 115, and a friend who applied in December 2015, he received his on day 113. Someone whom I shoot with is friends with someone who works in the Fingerprint Bureau, and he says that they actually on average finish the Background check process typically in 45 to 90 days depending on the person (and that's even when they are really busy btw, it still usually only takes up to 90 days according to my friend), but that they then place your application (Whether it is Approved or Denied) in a basket to actually be issued and mailed after around 110 days. He also says this is only the process of Clark County, as the next biggest county in Nevada, Washoe County, always sends them as soon as they are ready. So I just thought that was interesting, our Sheriff who ran as a Pro-Gun Sheriff back in 2014, has his department wait until the end of their time allotted under Nevada Law to send their permits out, even though they typically are actually approved or denied at least a month prior. My friend isn't the one who works for the Department, he just knows someone who does, so this is Second hand information, but if this is in fact true (and it seems like it is), it is definitely interesting...

Also, for first time applicants who are stalking their mailboxes looking for their permit in their mail; I know I was really curious as to what envelope to look for in the mail and I couldn't find any information about this online in regards to Clark County. My Permit arrived in a Normal White Envelope that Clearly States that it is from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, it includes their Logo and Sheriff Joe Lombardo's Name. And then on the Back Of The Envelope it says their Slogan "Partners With the Community." So that is the Envelope you are looking for. If You feel the mail too, you can clearly feel the permit card in it. For the last Month or so while I was stalking my Mailbox every afternoon, I was always so quick to open mail that was more discrete, because I thought that was the type of Envelope it would be sent in, and then was always disappointed when that ended up being a student Loan Debt or some other BS. So I just wanted to let you know, that you will know what it is when you get the letter, because it clearly states that it is from the Police Department, and when you get those more discrete letter's that don't clearly state where they are from, you don't get prematurely excited.

Anyways, I know I talk a lot, but I hope that helps people whom are looking for information on their pending Permit. Let me know if you have any other questions. Also Let me know if you ever want to go to the range. I always Love having Shooting Buddies to go to the Range with. I am a member at 702 Range and shoot their at least Twice a Week, and try to make it up to the Clark County Shooting Complex at least once a Month, and the Desert at least Once A Month. If you are like me and feel you can never have enough Training and Practice, and just enjoy to shoot Paper and Steel, and want someone to literally shoot the ***** with, hit me up! (I hope I didn't make anyone mad with my long ass novel of a post!)

Matt
[email protected]

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back