Nevada CCW application wait time

disneyr

Just got my Nevada CCW renewal. It took 72 days from application turn in to receiving card in the mail. Five years ago it took about 20 days and the time before that about a week.

Got my 1st permit

I applied for my permit back on March 31 and got it on May 19. The permit has an issue date of May 16. I asked around and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why it takes longer or shorter. A friend of mine got his permit under 4 weeks about a year ago and another guy took about 3 months, he had put in his app. about 2 months later. It seems Metro has its peaks and valleys; just the luck of the draw when you put in your app/renewal. Everyone that I've talked to said to start the renewal process at about 5 months to the expiration date because Metro will take their time.

I just turned in my app on Thurs (May 19th), it will be interesting to see how long mine will take as I'm in Nye county.

I hope yours process as quickly as possible. It was kind of funny at the Sheriff' office when the woman in charge of CCW's (nice lady) was taking my fingerprints again and for whatever reason the scanner machine wasn't reading them correctly I said "can't you just use the fingerprints you took five years ago...I mean fingerprints don't change right?" She smiled and said, "Yeah, you're right, I don't know why we have to retake them each time." When bureaucratic procedures overcome common sense. Happens a lot doesn't it?

When I moved to Nevada in 2010, it took about ninety days from the time I sent in all the required paperwork.

I Submitted all my paper work on Fri, January 27, 2012. Today makes 76 (11 weeks On Fri, April 13, 2012) day and counting. Still No CCW Permit. The Funny Part is that I Work for the local PD.

Me too!

I also submitted all of my paperwork on Fri. January 27, 2012, and still waiting. I was told by the CCW instructor that these days takes much longer, than year ago for instance.

I Submitted all my paper work on Fri, January 27, 2012. Today makes 76 (11 weeks On Fri, April 13, 2012) day and counting. Still No CCW Permit. The Funny Part is that I Work for the local PD.

* UPDATE * - After 82 days from Fri, January 27, 2012. It came in the Mail. Issues 4-16-2012. Received date 4-18-2012. Better Late Than Never.

Hope yours is in transit VEGASWAY.

If someone was denied, would they let you know early on right after you turn in the application? Or would it take up to 120 days for them to possibly deny someone?

This is in regards to Las Vegas…

It takes about six weeks to obtain a permit. I'd guess, if you are going to be "denied", they would catch the reason in the background check a bit earlier.

The Vegas office that processes your fingerprints, etc. is very efficient...they're not the hold-up.

Quite frankly, if you've passed the background check during a firearm purchase, there should be no problem with the permit investigation...IMHO.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back