Nevada CCW application wait time

Gotta figure they're kinda buried right about now with the big rush as of late.

Plus, I'm thinking that budget cuts were made at the county level and that includes the sheriff's office. Government offices cut expenses but they still end up spending more.

Plus, I'm thinking that budget cuts were made at the county level and that includes the sheriff's office. Government offices cut expenses but they still end up spending more.

By law they must issue in 120 days or give legal reason why they did not issue. The cost of the CCW pays for the personnel and the cost to provide this function. Since one of our Las Vegas members got their CCW in less then 90 days I would say staffing is not a problem. I was happy to see another member that filed their paper work at the same station as I did and did it a week after I did mine got theirs a week ago. Mine should be here any day. If I don't get it in the 120 days it will be fun to go in and watch them have to jump through their ass getting mine issued. I know there is no legal reason to hold mine up so it could only be clerical ( which does happen in any organization). Zhit happens I will let you guys know when mine arrives or if I get to go down and pook sticks at the animals :)

I'm currently 14 1/2 weeks into the 17 week wait. I was initially told they were running at approximately 10 weeks, but as others have already pointed out, I'm sure they're backlogged. I'm hoping it comes soon, I don't relish the thought of having to go and argue over this with Metro.

So after 102 days my card finally arrived in the mail today, and as I should have expected, it has an error in my home address on the back. I guess now I'll have to call metro on Monday and wait a few more days for a replacement. Has anyone else had this issue?

Bill, I just added revolver for mine. I went and qualified with the revolver, then took the paper to metro, paid the $25. They said my new one would be in the mail in about 3 weeks, but Im able to hold on to my existing one until then. Im guessing your situation would be similar, since both of us are basically making changes.

I went to the Cameron office this morning. I brought the envelope it was mailed in so they could see that they had the correct address on file in the first place and that it was just a clerical error on their part. I walked out literally 4 minutes later with a reprinted permit, free of charge.

Just got my Nevada CCW renewal. It took 72 days from application turn in to receiving card in the mail. Five years ago it took about 20 days and the time before that about a week.

Congratulations!

What county is that?

I'm currently 14 1/2 weeks into the 17 week wait. I was initially told they were running at approximately 10 weeks, but as others have already pointed out, I'm sure they're backlogged. I'm hoping it comes soon, I don't relish the thought of having to go and argue over this with Metro.

If budget cuts were made, I'm going to guess that the remaining employees will have more than one function. This could definitely cause delays. The application fees are supposed to pay for the administrative costs but you never know. Many times, government money ends up in funny places.

still waiting

I applied Feb 19th, and I'm at 77 days waiting. I rush to the mailbox everyday to only be disappointed. :mad:
I'll report back when it comes.

I applied Feb 19th, and I'm at 77 days waiting. I rush to the mailbox everyday to only be disappointed. :mad:
I'll report back when it comes.

I applied 1/28 it's been 100 days. Applied in Vegas, Martin Luther King location. Mine just arrived.

hearing how long people are waiting kinda depresses me seeing how I was told by my teacher that I could take as little as one month and that most will get it in less than two but I don't think that is going to happen mine as only been in for a month so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up anytime soon. I was also told your name has a lot to do with it. If you have a very popular name like John smith expect to wait a long time but hey I could be wrong.

I submitted my renewal in Washoe County on March 22. It would be nice if I comes early, but I'm not expecting it.

The last time, it took 72 days.

Soo I Finally got mine in the mail yesterday after waiting 107 days.
I applied on Feb 19th 2013, and it showed up in the mail on June 6th 2013.
Now i want to dispel some of the myths about wait times.. First of all i would like to mention that my last name is extreeemely rare being that only 7 people in the whole US of A have my last name. So that ones BS. I have lived in 3 places in the past 10 years.. Detroit, Chicago, and now Las Vegas.
A co worker of mine applied for his on Feb 12th (7 days before me) and his arrived on June 6th also, and his last name is rare as well.
Anyway, im glad it came and all the information was correct.
Best of luck to the rest of you that are still waiting.

Edit: I applied at the office @ 5880 Cameron st. but the letter was sent from 400 S. MLK blvd.. ?!?

Don't mean to dash anybody's hopes, but I just received my "renewed" permit today. 120 days after applying for renewal. I have a very uncommon name, have lived at the same address in Boulder City for 22 years, and have held permits in Clark County for over 10 yrs. Be patient and good luck

I received my renewal today. It took 96 days. Issue date is June 20. Not bad considering I was told that it would take the entire 120 days.

Finally!!!!:::: Hang in there guys.... 87 days to issue and 89 to my mail box for Clark Country. really didn't expect till end of next week at best.

my mix up it was 89 to issue and 91 to my hands. Old lady had me screwed up. My count was right but she claimed she was right..... Sooooooo... you know;)

my mix up it was 89 to issue and 91 to my hands. Old lady had me screwed up. My count was right but she claimed she was right..... Sooooooo... you know;)

I guess that's a decent turnaround considering the reports that they were taking the entire 120 days. Things might be easing a bit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back