NE Florida Panera Bread Now Posted No Weapons Allowed !!

Agree with everything but #4. It's not a public place. It's private property subject to the rules of the owner.

I beg to differ. It's private property open to the public so to me it falls under different rules than someone's home, imo. There was a case in NY where a husband and wife opened their home and farm to host weddings and receptions however they were sued when they would not permit a lesbian couple to get married in their home due to their religious beliefs. The court there ruled in favor of the lesbos saying that since the property was used to host public weddings they fell under some law I can't remember so this could be similar circumstances. I believe a discrimination lawsuit should be tried. Of course every state has it's own laws regarding property and it may not fly in FL.

I beg to differ. It's private property open to the public so to me it falls under different rules than someone's home, imo. There was a case in NY where a husband and wife opened their home and farm to host weddings and receptions however they were sued when they would not permit a lesbian couple to get married in their home due to their religious beliefs. The court there ruled in favor of the lesbos saying that since the property was used to host public weddings they fell under some law I can't remember so this could be similar circumstances. I believe a discrimination lawsuit should be tried. Of course every state has it's own laws regarding property and it may not fly in FL.
That is a correct ruling. Denying the gay couple was a civil rights violation, not a constitutional rights violation. The U.S. Civil Rights Act protects gay and lesbians as a group from discrimination by a business. A commercial establishment couldn't deny them due to disability, race, sexual preference, religion. However, if the family ejected them because they don't allow smokers or they don't support guns there would be no recourse. Smokers don't have protection under the CRA. Gun owners don't have protection under the CRA. It's federal law in play here so it doesn't matter which state you're in. States don't have the constitutional authority to usurp the U.S. Civil Rights Act.
A privately owned business operating on privately owned property does not violate a 2nd amendment right to bear arms when it predicates entry on the condition one not carry a firearm. Refusal to disarm or leave could constitute trespass. The Bill of Rights, including the second amendment is purely between the people and the government. It places limitations on the power your government has over you. They may not stop your freedom speech, your freedom of religion, your right to bear arms, your right to due process, etc. But just as the business owner can eject someone for exercising they're 2nd amendment rights he can eject someone for exercising their 1st amendment rights. If they continually exercise their freedom of speech in a movie theater they'll likely be asked to leave. There's a reason no one gets-up on a soapbox at the mall. They simply don't have he right to.

Hi Folks, Well got another reply from my correspondence over my request to close my panarea account with them over this no gun issue, I asked them to cancel my frequest flyier card or sorts as well as refudning me what ever is left on one of my panera gift cards, I use to get them every year from frieds and relitives at christmas time for they kiw I frequented thew place and hey seeing its a nasty worlk in NE florida these days. (five murders just last evening in jackssonville) but anyway it was easier to use the plastic and every now and then they would take a few dollars off a sandwich or something. Anyway got another replay, this time from a other email address, [email protected] Guess they are tracking those not agreeing with this idea of a fae haven etc? In any event they as I rethink my position and basically told me they were not shutting off the card at this time? I have replied to them politically correctly I hope that I wanted my name erased from there files asap, both electronically, paper, carryer pigion I don't care remove my name from your businesses files as requested, They also told me they balance on any gift cards can not be refunded, onl used up. So they got me for $5.86 worth of Panera stuff. Gee I wonder if Charlie Manson needs a few bagle's delivered to his safe enviroment he is presenty visiting in CA???. Only kidding but see my point. If someone had a chance can they some how pot a list of those businesses in FL anyway that are on the same page as Panera about bringing firearms onto their property? I hear rumors about some company's, others are a for sure thing like Target, Chapolitis, and store like that, how about outback steakhouse, I hear Home depot is or was going that way do to the bloomberg groups big money contributions to the company's interests. I hear Panera got a ton of cash to give to their specific charitys to do this, but I might be wrong. I really need verifiable info so I can get on my bandwagon and take my money to these busineses that care about my rights, seems these days no one wants to own up to such stances as pro gun, and other causes?

Hi Folks, Well got another reply from my correspondence over my request to close my panarea account with them over this no gun issue, I asked them to cancel my frequest flyier card or sorts as well as refudning me what ever is left on one of my panera gift cards, I use to get them every year from frieds and relitives at christmas time for they kiw I frequented thew place and hey seeing its a nasty worlk in NE florida these days. (five murders just last evening in jackssonville) but anyway it was easier to use the plastic and every now and then they would take a few dollars off a sandwich or something. Anyway got another replay, this time from a other email address, [email protected] Guess they are tracking those not agreeing with this idea of a fae haven etc? In any event they as I rethink my position and basically told me they were not shutting off the card at this time? I have replied to them politically correctly I hope that I wanted my name erased from there files asap, both electronically, paper, carryer pigion I don't care remove my name from your businesses files as requested, They also told me they balance on any gift cards can not be refunded, onl used up. So they got me for $5.86 worth of Panera stuff. Gee I wonder if Charlie Manson needs a few bagle's delivered to his safe enviroment he is presenty visiting in CA???. Only kidding but see my point. If someone had a chance can they some how pot a list of those businesses in FL anyway that are on the same page as Panera about bringing firearms onto their property? I hear rumors about some company's, others are a for sure thing like Target, Chapolitis, and store like that, how about outback steakhouse, I hear Home depot is or was going that way do to the bloomberg groups big money contributions to the company's interests. I hear Panera got a ton of cash to give to their specific charitys to do this, but I might be wrong. I really need verifiable info so I can get on my bandwagon and take my money to these busineses that care about my rights, seems these days no one wants to own up to such stances as pro gun, and other causes?
Isn't it easier to just conceal the gun and continue about your day? Seems like an awful lot of aggravation for nuttin.

Isn't it easier to just conceal the gun and continue about your day? Seems like an awful lot of aggravation for nuttin.

It's easier going to another sandwich shop that doesn't make me change how I dress.

Buying larger pants, making a new iwb holster, making sure it's concealed all the time...that sounds like a lot of aggravation.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I would add to all this conversation that their food really isn't that good, especially if you figure in the price. I know side issue but......

I can get soup and a lunch meat sandwich at home cheaper and I don't have to have lunch with a bunch of soccer moms and old worn out hippies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have lunch with a bunch of soccer moms and old worn out hippies

Worn out Hippies.......Half a mind with no remembrance of the fight they fought during the late 60's and early 70's. "Anti Government" "The Man". Now it's all about free meds and SSI for these aging "old worn out hippies". Those that wanted freedom from the oppressive government have put in place those that will give them the most from the MAN they hated in the day. More F'ing hypocrisy. Communism rules.............the individual dies.

Well you may be right about everything except social security I was forced by the govt to start paying into it when I was 11 years old working in my dad's grocery store I paid into it all my working life most years I paid the max so the govt isn't giving me anything I paid for it

Buying larger pants...
Geez, carrying a flintlock? :biggrin:
Earlier I told my wife I didn't believe in boycotting a business over guns. Then she reminded me I stopped drinking Sam Adams because they removed "under God" in the pledge in a TV ad last year. I guess I do boycott cause I'm not ever buying another Sam Adams.

Geez, carrying a flintlock? :biggrin:
Earlier I told my wife I didn't believe in boycotting a business over guns. Then she reminded me I stopped drinking Sam Adams because they removed "under God" in the pledge in a TV ad last year. I guess I do boycott cause I'm not ever buying another Sam Adams.

Pretty much. Hah

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Check out the nutritional content on a Panera menu: high carb, sodium heavy masquerading as healthy. No better than McDonald's. I ate there for years until I realized their carby, 2000mg sodium lunches were junk.

That is a correct ruling. Denying the gay couple was a civil rights violation, not a constitutional rights violation. The U.S. Civil Rights Act protects gay and lesbians as a group from discrimination by a business. A commercial establishment couldn't deny them due to disability, race, sexual preference, religion. However, if the family ejected them because they don't allow smokers or they don't support guns there would be no recourse. Smokers don't have protection under the CRA. Gun owners don't have protection under the CRA. It's federal law in play here so it doesn't matter which state you're in. States don't have the constitutional authority to usurp the U.S. Civil Rights Act.
A privately owned business operating on privately owned property does not violate a 2nd amendment right to bear arms when it predicates entry on the condition one not carry a firearm. Refusal to disarm or leave could constitute trespass. The Bill of Rights, including the second amendment is purely between the people and the government. It places limitations on the power your government has over you. They may not stop your freedom speech, your freedom of religion, your right to bear arms, your right to due process, etc. But just as the business owner can eject someone for exercising they're 2nd amendment rights he can eject someone for exercising their 1st amendment rights. If they continually exercise their freedom of speech in a movie theater they'll likely be asked to leave. There's a reason no one gets-up on a soapbox at the mall. They simply don't have he right to.

Please cite the US code referring to Gay and Lesbian Civil Rights.

There are many sources concerning LGBT rights. Civil Rights Act 2013, Matthew Shepard Act, 2009 and many others. Google them and you can read for a week.

There isn't any Federal Civil Rights Law prohibiting discrimination against gays in public accommodation, workplace, etc..., Google it and prove me wrong with the US Code. Meanwhile I'm headed up to the local Kosher deli and demanding that they serve me a Bacon Cheeseburger, since I'm Christian and don't keep Kosher.

There isn't any Federal Civil Rights Law prohibiting discrimination against gays in public accommodation, workplace, etc..., Google it and prove me wrong with the US Code. Meanwhile I'm headed up to the local Kosher deli and demanding that they serve me a Bacon Cheeseburger, since I'm Christian and don't keep Kosher.
You have a lot of issues.

The Supreme Court has ruled that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act includes discrimination against gay or lesbian persons.
Price Waterhouse v. Hopkins, 490 U.S. 228 (1989): the Supreme Court held that Title VII was not limited to discrimination on the basis of one’s biological status as a man or a woman but instead prohibits the “entire spectrum” of discrimination on the basis of sex, including discrimination on the basis of gender stereotypes. In Price Waterhouse, plaintiff Ann Hopkins was denied a partnership at an accounting firm because she was deemed to be insufficiently “feminine.” Id. at 234–35. To improve her chances for partnership, Hopkins was told she should “walk more femininely, talk more femininely, dress more femininely, wear make-up, have her hair styled, and wear jewelry.” Id. at 235. The employer argued that Title VII did not prohibit discrimination based on gender stereotypes. The Supreme Court disagreed. “As for the legal relevance of sex stereotyping, we are beyond the day when an employer could evaluate employees by assuming or insisting that they matched the stereotype associated with their group, for ‘in forbidding employers to discriminate against individuals because of their sex, Congress intended to strike at the entire spectrum of disparate treatment of men and women resulting from sex stereotypes.’”
Oncale v. Sundowner, 523 U.S. 75 (1998): The Supreme Court removed another barrier when it held that a plaintiff could state a Title VII claim where sexual harassment was perpetrated by a person of the same sex.
Heller v. Columbia Edgewater Country Club, 195 F. Supp. 2d 1212 (D. Or. 2002): The district court denied summary judgment for an employer in a Title VII suit brought by a lesbian employee. The plaintiff presented evidence that throughout her employment, her female supervisor made disparaging and harassing comments based on gender stereotypes, including: “Oh, I thought you were a man”, “Do you wear the **** in the relationship?” and, “I thought you wore the pants.” In ruling in favor of the employee, the court relied upon a recent Ninth Circuit case— Nicholas v. Azteca Restaurant Enterprises, Inc., 256 F.3d 864 (9th Cir. 2001)—abrogating its earlier decision in DeSantis and holding that a male employee is entitled to redress under Title VII if he can prove that he was discriminated against for failing to comport with stereotypical notions of how men should appear and behave. Similarly, a concurring opinion in the en banc decision Rene v. MGM Grand Hotel, Inc., 305 F.3d 1061 (9th Cir. 2002), revived a Title VII claim brought by a gay male plaintiff who had presented evidence that his former coworkers taunted him by calling him feminine names and endearments, and ridiculed him for walking in a feminine manner.
The meaning of every law in America is based on the court's interpretation of that law as applied to a given situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back