NE Florida Panera Bread Now Posted No Weapons Allowed !!

Weighing in from Oklahoma, I can carry anywhere state law declares it's legal, regardless of the signs. But, I refuse to patronize businesses that won't get in line with federal and local laws, and I speak with management and write letters to franchise owners and corporate offices to let them know my stance and to request that they provide me with their specific policy. In most of my conversations, the shop owners genuinely believe that their customers want the sign up, and sometimes the right questions and polite interactions can persuade them to see logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure, they would rather lose the pro-gun community than the anti-gun community and they don't care one dime if we patronize their store. If you don't ant to patronize the place over the policy that's fine. But those who think the store will feel it financially are wrong.
Huff Post (yesterday) says Panera is treating it like a request and will not confront anyone or ask anyone to leave.

For sure, they would rather lose the pro-gun community than the anti-gun community and they don't care one dime if we patronize their store. If you don't ant to patronize the place over the policy that's fine. But those who think the store will feel it financially are wrong.
Huff Post (yesterday) says Panera is treating it like a request and will not confront anyone or ask anyone to leave.

I'm of no illusion that I can impact the company financially. It's just a personal choice. I think I'd feel better about not shopping there than I would continuing to quietly concealed carry there knowing that their CEO respects the rights of gun owners but will infringe on that right all the same. I'll just respect his rights to request I don't enter the business, because I damn sure won't leave my gun in the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm of no illusion that I can impact the company financially. It's just a personal choice. I think I'd feel better about not shopping there than I would continuing to quietly concealed carry there knowing that their CEO respects the rights of gun owners but will infringe on that right all the same. I'll just respect his rights to request I don't enter the business, because I damn sure won't leave my gun in the car.

Make no mistake about it, they aren't infringing on your rights. Those rights (2nd amendment) are between you and the government, not you and a privately owned business. Panera is not a public entity, it is a privately owned and operated business. They are free to make their own rules as long as they don't violate anyone's civil rights. Personally, I can't live my life around gun rights so I have to frequent many places like Target, Starbucks and now Panera.

Make no mistake about it, they aren't infringing on your rights. Those rights (2nd amendment) are between you and the government, not you and a privately owned business. Panera is not a public entity, it is a privately owned and operated business. They are free to make their own rules as long as they don't violate anyone's civil rights. Personally, I can't live my life around gun rights so I have to frequent many places like Target, Starbucks and now Panera.

Apologies, you are correct that Panera isn't infringing on anyone's rights. I'd have been a little closer to state that Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense is infringing upon my rights. It isn't 2nd amendment rights I'm referring to, however, the result of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense and the decisions made by companies as a result of their interference absolutely infringes on the rights of all of us. I don't have a problem with their opinion, I just don't want their opinions inflicted upon me.

No argument at all with any of your points, I'm with you that I need to patronize many of these businesses as well, and gun rights are a dynamic issue that will vacillate over time. Just a frustrating direction we head in as a society. Just my thoughts. Thank you for yours as well.

Apologies, you are correct that Panera isn't infringing on anyone's rights. I'd have been a little closer to state that Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense is infringing upon my rights. It isn't 2nd amendment rights I'm referring to, however, the result of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense and the decisions made by companies as a result of their interference absolutely infringes on the rights of all of us. I don't have a problem with their opinion, I just don't want their opinions inflicted upon me.

No argument at all with any of your points, I'm with you that I need to patronize many of these businesses as well, and gun rights are a dynamic issue that will vacillate over time. Just a frustrating direction we head in as a society. Just my thoughts. Thank you for yours as well.

Regarding the moms, check-out this thread (http://www.usacarry.com/forums/poli...ader-slapped-protective-order.html#post538535). I posted the quotes (post #2) to show what kind of lunacy we're dealing with.

Follow up, was at panera this am, concealed carry as always. Just by chance I saw manager meeting with some folks, turns out one was th "vp" of panera cooperate, the folks now making all the franchised owners comply with there anti gun policy's , I did not approach him but say directly across from them... Manager knows me, knows I am always armed...manager seemed nervous I was going to approach and discuss the policy now being forced on store owners / managers.. I respected his the BP's privatcy, drank my coffee and left without incident . Maybe he will read this and know a guy was so close and legally carrying a Glock concealed and nothing happen not was I even noticed, I had shorts on too boot...Greatings mr VP!!!!

Recently there have been a few businesses that advertised that they are now, "GUN FREE ZONES" , to the world?? To date those same businesses have suffered attacks by animal people injuring many and even causing the death of innocent individuals shopping at these same places!! How stupid to advertise such a narrow minded thinking about Conceal Carry by legally owned and licensed patrons, who now were not able to possibly help and prevent these injuries and deaths!! In spite of all the factual proof showing just the opposite about Conceal Carry and the benefits to all especially the safety factor, they choose to hand over the keys to the kingdom to criminals able to read and not fearing to walk into these businesses because they are safe from LEGAL CONCEAL CARRY LICENSED PATRONS!!!

Recently there have been a few businesses that advertised that they are now, "GUN FREE ZONES" , to the world?? To date those same businesses have suffered attacks by animal people injuring many and even causing the death of innocent individuals shopping at these same places!! How stupid to advertise such a narrow minded thinking about Conceal Carry by legally owned and licensed patrons, who now were not able to possibly help and prevent these injuries and deaths!! In spite of all the factual proof showing just the opposite about Conceal Carry and the benefits to all especially the safety factor, they choose to hand over the keys to the kingdom to criminals able to read and not fearing to walk into these businesses because they are safe from LEGAL CONCEAL CARRY LICENSED PATRONS!!!
Perhaps they don't want anyone defending their store against robbery. For me? I'm not anti-gun, I'm anti-person. If I don't know you... I don't trust you. Period.

I guess I'll leave my wallet at home too. **** them, look what happen at Kroger the other night. I will go somewhere else, just like the hypocrites at dicks sporting goods.

I guess I'll leave my wallet at home too. **** them, look what happen at Kroger the other night. I will go somewhere else, just like the hypocrites at dicks sporting goods.
Dicks has an anti-gun policy? What hypocrites. They sell ammo!!!

Instead of whining and bitching listen to SR9 don't spend money there and don't think for a minute that a gun owner boycot would not affect their bottom line think your whole family and a lot of other family's equals a lot of dollars in a hurry and that my friends will get their attention

ask target how their sales are doing after their anti gun fiasco

To the extent that Target has suffered losses in sales, I'm betting that it had/has more to do with software security breaches exposing millions of their customers' credit card info to fraud than their stance(s) on guns. There might be a combined adverse effect on sales, but generally-speaking, I think people are more worried about their financial information being protected than a business setting a no-guns policy in their stores. If they never got into a controversy over the guns issue, I still wouldn't shop there because of their security breach.

'Course, I never shopped there to begin with, so it's a moot point with me. I'm just sayin' my information being secure is at least as important as my ability to make myself secure out in public. Gun owners are not the only ones to have a legitimate gripe against Target in any case.

Blues

Hello Everyone once again, Today as I always have, but maybe not be too much more am a customer every day at Panera in the Jacksonville Fl area. Now the one I go to is in a mall where there have been robberies, muggings, car jackings all at gun point. Flash mobs at the local moives last year. Its a skip from an area in jacksonville where the Police only respond to crime, no proactive stuff. Yes I am sure that is true, I am a retired LE officer. The sherrifs are told go to your calls don't get involved in proactive stuff no matter what unless you absolutely have too. If they have 5 or 6 shootings a night for weeks end..... they will move in a bunch of LE guys to a neighborhood and announce this area is now a gun free zone????Hey the bad guys just move over a block for they know all the cops are on the west side, on and on. So its up to us to defend ourself's legally. I have the FL CWP, also get qualified every year under HR218. Even the local sherrifs have to only shoot that same coarse every 2 years??? Now I am asked to disarm, leave my gun in my car or home if I want to go to Panera ? Nt in my car, I am sure there will be a rash of B&E's to cars in and around Panera now that this has ht the news outlets, leave it home? Well I drive about 6 miles to panera, through the seedy areas of Jacksonville, I have been accosted several times by local thugs asking or demanding money at red lights, even the parking lot of a church. One even tried to reach into my car when I was stopped, I already had my firearm in my hand lowered as he approached me and said, "Hey I don't mean you no harm" I just got out of Prison" But I need $15 from you now! He saw the gun on my lap as I ordered him to back away. He did nothing, no nothing happen to me or him, another few seconds or a move closer might of changed both our lives.... But what if it were someone who can not or choose not to be able to defend themself, shall we just throw money at these folks? I do not care, I do not get involved in anything unless Its me or them. I call 911. But in any case whom would Panera rather want in there store when say as in Ocala 2 months ago a guy burst through the back door with a shotgun, demanding the manger give him the safe money, and money from the seated customers as well? He left without hurting anyone. A few days later it was found that the manger was in on it, it was her boyfriend with a real shotgun who did the robbery. In this case would I have challenged him, no, not unless he was near me, endangering me directly, or in my opinion ready to kill someone and an rapid response would be neccesary to protect a life. Hard choice for anyone, but now that will not happen. The local stores have the signs in hand, they just have yet to post them. Once there are up I am gone, no longer a customer. Maybe I should start now? Hey $8 a day times 5, then all my family and friends that I think will see people of like interest and views, why yes spend our money somewhere else....Today I found that one of Bloomberg's groups moms about something met and agreed with the VP of Panera over the no gun stuff, I made a comment gee, now guns next will be all these sugery drinks, cakes, coffee rolls all gone for our own protection. I sure hope the folks around the north Florida area see who is behind this and why. I don't shop target, nor several other businesses who are manging my rights, no what you can't fix stupid, you can't outlaw crazy. One just has to avoid those folks till they are running from a movie, mall or a shooting demanding to know where the Police were to protect them...Well there is no calvery over the hill, your are the only first line defense in most incidents like that, its up to you to either lay down and hope the thug won't shoot ya, or think gee I sure hope there is a person here with a gun, trained to use it to end this threat before more folks get killed. Am I being too scary end of the world stuff like??? I sure hope not. Good luck panera folks, nice to of know ya, but good bye from this guy!!!!

BC1 can't live his life around gun rights , he could he just can't be bothered to do it I hope one day he has no rights to

Dicks has an anti-gun policy? What hypocrites. They sell ammo!!!

I bought a Marlin 795 22lr at Dicks a couple weeks ago. They've stopped selling handguns, but still sell rifles. It hurt their sales when they stopped selling handguns tho, 'cause I think a lot of YOU gun NUTS boycotted them. That's probly why I was able to get the rifle for $159 there insteada $179 at most other places. Thanks gun NUTS !!! :redface:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back