NE Florida Panera Bread Now Posted No Weapons Allowed !!

There isn't any Federal Civil Rights Law prohibiting discrimination against gays in public accommodation, workplace, etc..., Google it and prove me wrong with the US Code. Meanwhile I'm headed up to the local Kosher deli and demanding that they serve me a Bacon Cheeseburger, since I'm Christian and don't keep Kosher.
You're walking into someone's privately owned business, on their private property, and demanding something? SO you're demanding bacon? Something the deli doesn't carry? I would throw any customer who did this out on their ass. You can get an attorney and take your chances. But if you were thrown-out for demanding something the deli doesn't have, there's no case. As soon as you make a demand (or else) you are persona non-grata. Leave or trespass charges may be filed. In fact I would tend to simply remove such a person... physically... before calling the police. You weren't kicked-out over a religious belief. You were kicked-out for starting trouble and by demanding a product the deli doesn't have.

scottdlls: What BC1 pointed out is only a few rulings that can be found prohibiting discrimination. EEOC.gov is the place to start looking and you will find there are Civil Rights Laws which will answer your question.

You're walking into someone's privately owned business, on their private property, and demanding something? SO you're demanding bacon? Something the deli doesn't carry? I would throw any customer who did this out on their ass. You can get an attorney and take your chances. But if you were thrown-out for demanding something the deli doesn't have, there's no case. As soon as you make a demand (or else) you are persona non-grata. Leave or trespass charges may be filed. In fact I would tend to simply remove such a person... physically... before calling the police. You weren't kicked-out over a religious belief. You were kicked-out for starting trouble and by demanding a product the deli doesn't have.

Never mind, I'll walk into my local Jewish owned bakery and demand that they bake me a cake with swastika, cuz I think it's cool and it's a religious symbol for me, chairman of the local chapter of the LGBT nazis (Gaystapo). Beware Duff Goldman, you can't refuse to bake me bake me a cake because I'm Gaystapo. US Civil Rights Act of 2013... or something. It's right next to the abortion clause in Article 6 of the Constitution, just before the sodomy clause. Christians tried and lost. Don't challenge me.

Never mind, I'll walk into my local Jewish owned bakery and demand that they bake me a cake with swastika, cuz I think it's cool and it's a religious symbol for me, chairman of the local chapter of the LGBT nazis (Gaystapo). Beware Duff Goldman, you can't refuse to bake me bake me a cake because I'm Gaystapo. US Civil Rights Act of 2013... or something. It's right next to the abortion clause in Article 6 of the Constitution, just before the sodomy clause. Christians tried and lost. Don't challenge me.
17 posts and already crazy stuff. I can tell you from experience with Hassidic Jews that they are tough. Some of the toughest people I've known. They fight... physically fight. Go in that Kosher deli talking about Nazi's and they'll hand you your ass. Anyone who came in a deli I owned (not Jewish) and asked for the same thing would go out by their ear sonny. Here's a lesson for you... the biggest troublemaker you'll ever know is the guy who watches you shave every morning in the mirror. Remember that when you carry a gun.

If they posted a no weapon sign then it is just like the courts decision to decide on things. If I consider a fork a weapon for instance , would they remove that too? Stupid people do stupid things , but I don't eat there and even if I did I wouldn't be now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using USA Carry mobile app

If they posted a no weapon sign then it is just like the courts decision to decide on things. If I consider a fork a weapon for instance , would they remove that too? Stupid people do stupid things , but I don't eat there and even if I did I wouldn't be now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using USA Carry mobile app
I'm pretty sure there's no question as to what their talking about.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Two observations: 1. The Panera Bread Company shops in Jax are located in fairly safe zones. Not like there's any up on the Northside. The odds of needing a gun in a Panera are on a par with needing one in Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. Could happen, but more likely your biggest danger will be getting hit in the parking lot by some Ponte Vedra Beach type who's yakking on a cellphone and not paying attention. 2. If you're carrying concealed then you don't have a problem.

I did contact them and I urge you to do the same, keep it polite and simple. I told them that I am licensed by the state of FL to carry weapons and if they request that my weapons do not come into their stores that I will comply and that I would never buy a thing from them again. and then I told them that I will urge everyone that I know to never go into a panera store again.

I also contacted them, and I bet that you get the very same response that I got.

Response from Panara:
I’m very sorry to hear you disagree with our policy. Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth, which means, among other things, creating bakery-cafe environments where customers and associates feel comfortable. Panera Bread respects the rights of gun owners, but we do believe asking that customers not bring their firearms inside our bakery-cafes is consistent with the bakery-cafe environment we are attempting to create.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your comments.

Sincerely,
Panera Bread

It really sounds like they are concerned about gun owners doesn't it laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also contacted them, and I bet that you get the very same response that I got.

Response from Panara:
I saw a similar letter. I think they're sending out form letters. Hopefully thy need to send out a lot of them. I walked by the local Panera yesterday and noticed there's no signs. I wonder why.

follow up info !!!

Two observations: 1. The Panera Bread Company shops in Jax are located in fairly safe zones. Not like there's any up on the Northside. The odds of needing a gun in a Panera are on a par with needing one in Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. Could happen, but more likely your biggest danger will be getting hit in the parking lot by some Ponte Vedra Beach type who's yakking on a cellphone and not paying attention. 2. If you're carrying concealed then you don't have a problem.

This Panera is located in Jacksonville north side area in the Rivercity Mall. Same place they had an armed carjacking from the Olive Garden last March, a flash mod in the threaters at this mall as well, 500 thugs vs 10 Police Officers, Many people were beat to the ground by these thugs, oh they stole several cash registers and money as well. 200 yeards away at a local brekfast place "waffle House last year there was a violent fight that resulted in a fellow being shot point blank with a 45 in the head. The shop was closed for weeks so they could clean up and then fill in the bullet holes. So do I need to be armed and concealed i that area, Yes after 27 years as a police officer, yes its a bad place, day or night.......For crime that is, The bagles at panera are ok?????

Hope this gets the point through.....

XGUNR

This Panera is located in Jacksonville north side area in the Rivercity Mall. Same place they had an armed carjacking from the Olive Garden last March, a flash mod in the threaters at this mall as well, 500 thugs vs 10 Police Officers, Many people were beat to the ground by these thugs, oh they stole several cash registers and money as well. 200 yeards away at a local brekfast place "waffle House last year there was a violent fight that resulted in a fellow being shot point blank with a 45 in the head. The shop was closed for weeks so they could clean up and then fill in the bullet holes. So do I need to be armed and concealed i that area, Yes after 27 years as a police officer, yes its a bad place, day or night.......For crime that is, The bagles at panera are ok?????

Hope this gets the point through.....

XGUNR

Seems as if Shockwave needs some enlightenment. From the sound of the neighborhood, I think I would do my shopping elsewhere!

this comment is absurd and inaccurate! why would a trader joes or whole foods be any safer than any other business?
there are panera stores in N. Jax.
Lastly your comment about PVB people highlights your own issues and insecurities.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back