My Recovery

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Many of you may remember back in January the thread I posted about my hospital stay which was the result of being shot in the back and having my shooting arm paralyzed. I'm just posting this thread to give an update on my condition.

Before I get into that, however, it came to my attention that several members, both on the thread and in private messages to me, questioned whether I was really telling the truth about this. One even told me that I had not been shot at all; this member claimed to call both the sheriff's department and local police department where I live and was not able to find anything. LIAR! If this member had, he would have been able to obtain a police report of the incident, like I was able to. For those of you who are interested, you can contact the Gary Police Department at (219)881-1260. The case number is 09-3587. That little bit of information should put to rest any doubts my doubters may have about this.

As for my recovery, because I did not have insurance at the time this happened, I applied for a program called Helping Hands, which took care of the $37,000 hospital bill as well as 12 sessions of physical therapy. Anything beyond those 12 sessions could only be continued if I paid cash or obtained insurance. Those 12 sessions did help return my arm to about 20-25% functionality, but since I don't have insurance, I applied for the Healthy Indiana Plan, a program for uninsured Indiana residents, in hopes of continuning the physical therapy and seeing a neurologist. I was denied; the explanation I was given was that the program was full. So right now, I am unable to work and unable to get care for my arm. 2009 has been an utterly frustrating year for me so far, and it shows no signs of getting better any time soon. Thankfully, I can at least say that my faith in God has kept me from losing it all; were it not for him, I might not even be alive, and I thank him for that every day.

That's terrible! I can only wish you the best of luck. You should be able to get on Medicaid. Have you looked into that?

unfortunately, some people don't even believe the truth when it is staring them in the face. just look at all the obama lovers that actually believe he is good for our country...

you always had credibility in my book. when I read the thread about what happened to you I was shocked because I knew you always carried.. even in church. but I guess you can't have eyes in the back of your head. my prayers go out to you tat. put God first and he'll put you first.

as posted above by maybejim, I would look into medicaid.

I will continue to pray for you. It just figures that when someone really needs help the federal government can't do it but they can through money away on this stupid tax payer bail out.

unfortunately, some people don't even believe the truth when it is staring them in the face. just look at all the obama lovers that actually believe he is good for our country...

you always had credibility in my book. when I read the thread about what happened to you I was shocked because I knew you always carried.. even in church. but I guess you can't have eyes in the back of your head. my prayers go out to you tat. put God first and he'll put you first.

as posted above by maybejim, I would look into medicaid.

What makes me mad about all of this is that when I was working, I paid part of my wages to support public aid programs, many of which are being abused by people who neither need them, deserve them, nor have ever paid into them. Someone like myself, however, who has been working hard for the past ten years, however, and really does need assistance, can't get it.

Incidentally, Medicaid was one of the first programs I applied for. I was told that because I am single with no children, I would likely not be eligible for it.

Hey Tatted. Glad to hear that your arm has improved, even a little bit. I'm sorry to hear about the insurance stuff. It is a shame when hard working people that have never asked for help finally need it and noone is willing to step up. When other people will work the system just because. Stay stong. I'll keep you in prayer and I'm sure doors will open soon.

It's good to hear that you're still improving and working on your recovery. The fact that you were attacked and are struggling to get your life back with so little help is infuriating. I hope you continue to improve and that some help is coming for your physical therapy.

We're pulling for you, Tat. Hope you find a way to get the care you need to get back in condition.

If you change your Party affiliation to Dem, will you better qualify for assistance?

Many of you may remember back in January the thread I posted about my hospital stay which was the result of being shot in the back and having my shooting arm paralyzed. I'm just posting this thread to give an update on my condition.

Before I get into that, however, it came to my attention that several members, both on the thread and in private messages to me, questioned whether I was really telling the truth about this. One even told me that I had not been shot at all; this member claimed to call both the sheriff's department and local police department where I live and was not able to find anything. LIAR! If this member had, he would have been able to obtain a police report of the incident, like I was able to. For those of you who are interested, you can contact the Gary Police Department at (219)881-1260. The case number is 09-3587. That little bit of information should put to rest any doubts my doubters may have about this.

As for my recovery, because I did not have insurance at the time this happened, I applied for a program called Helping Hands, which took care of the $37,000 hospital bill as well as 12 sessions of physical therapy. Anything beyond those 12 sessions could only be continued if I paid cash or obtained insurance. Those 12 sessions did help return my arm to about 20-25% functionality, but since I don't have insurance, I applied for the Healthy Indiana Plan, a program for uninsured Indiana residents, in hopes of continuning the physical therapy and seeing a neurologist. I was denied; the explanation I was given was that the program was full. So right now, I am unable to work and unable to get care for my arm. 2009 has been an utterly frustrating year for me so far, and it shows no signs of getting better any time soon. Thankfully, I can at least say that my faith in God has kept me from losing it all; were it not for him, I might not even be alive, and I thank him for that every day.

Gary, IN??? I am going to be working in that town on the I-90 bridge upgrade in the future. My state has reciprocity with IN for CC, but can you give me some advice on where to go and where not to go?

What makes me mad about all of this is that when I was working, I paid part of my wages to support public aid programs, many of which are being abused by people who neither need them, deserve them, nor have ever paid into them. Someone like myself, however, who has been working hard for the past ten years, however, and really does need assistance, can't get it.

Incidentally, Medicaid was one of the first programs I applied for. I was told that because I am single with no children, I would likely not be eligible for it.

now that is messed up... that is so freakin backwards! I wonder if something could be started up on usa carry.. donations for your recovery or something.. I know I would be donating.

The Wiphe and I have you in our prayers.. It is good to see you talking to us again. You have alot of friends in this site.
Rich

...Incidentally, Medicaid was one of the first programs I applied for. I was told that because I am single with no children, I would likely not be eligible for it.

Say what? Can you say discrimination? I'd look into finding a lawyer if I were you...

Another thought came to me. You've probably thought about it but how about Social Security Disability?

Hey Tat i did not doubt your story for a minute , may I send you a private message with some info I have been on medicaid before for disability and I may have something that may help you out. Robert

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back