Michael Brown

"Police have said Brown was shot after an officer encountered him and another man on the street during a routine patrol." 7 paragraphs from the bottom of your article. I gave three articles stating the same, and Courtney gave another. The Chief himself stated Wilson didn't know, and even apologized to the brown family. The Chief is an idiot...makes sense when you look at his employees.

Pigs all ready got that "fly of the handle and do something crazy" down pretty good without killing anyone. Stress management is obviously not a prerequisite for "law enforcement". Seeing as you can't even get your own article correct, I doubt you can grasp the super complex concept of stress management.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
The article may say the words routine patrol, but it also says he encountered him while responding to a robbery. So the story may have changed since then. Whether Wilson knew about the robbery or not isn't the relevant part. When Wilson stopped, Brown had no idea that he didn't know about the robbery. When the police show up minutes after he robbed a store, what else is he going to assume? And he probably acted accordingly. THAT is what matters.

And you obviously sit on YouTube all day watching the plethora of videos of "power hungry cops". Cause I won't deny there are a fair share of them out there. But they are no more abundant than undertrained firefighters, incompetent doctors, crooked lawyers, or any other misrepresentative sample of an otherwise honest, hardworking group of people.

The article may say the words routine patrol, but it also says he encountered him while responding to a robbery. So the story may have changed since then. Whether Wilson knew about the robbery or not isn't the relevant part. When Wilson stopped, Brown had no idea that he didn't know about the robbery. When the police show up minutes after he robbed a store, what else is he going to assume? And he probably acted accordingly. THAT is what matters.

Wrong, you want to bring up articles about the knowledge and mentality of Wilson, now you are changing it to the mentality of Brown because you got your information bass ackwards. Brown's mentality isn't on trial, Wilson's is, for each bullet he fired. The police can't keep their stories straight in the slightest, but the eye witnesses who have given their story have been much more solid when it comes to another officer, killing another person, who was surrendering.

And you obviously sit on YouTube all day watching the plethora of videos of "power hungry cops". Cause I won't deny there are a fair share of them out there. But they are no more abundant than undertrained firefighters, incompetent doctors, crooked lawyers, or any other misrepresentative sample of an otherwise honest, hardworking group of people.

You obviously know how much time I spend on YouTube as much as you know about PTSD...which is right around the zero mark.

You are right through, I have no doubt there is a plethora of videos of power hunger pigs, so many examples to choose from, so many bad pigs, so many cops supporting bad pigs, just look at how many videos Bob can link to in a week in the police state thread. Pathetic really.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I was speaking of the spike in police hate crimes that occurred last night. One that the chief said had nothing to do with the protest and the other- was an off duty cop who was shot at about 10 minutes away from ferguson.

That would be two incidences that you're characterizing as a "spike" in "police hate crimes" then. Thanks for narrowing that down to understandable terms that show the virtual insignificance of those incidents having anything to do with any protesters.

These crimes, as well as the looting and rioting that occurred IN ferguson the past 7 weeks- ALL have NOTHING to do with Michael brown.

Then why are you discussing them in the thread you started titled "Michael Brown?" Clearly you and whodat believe this "spike" (two incidents) of violence against cops has something to do with Michael Brown.

Again I repeat. If they want to be proactive- they should go and peacefully protest. There's a difference between correlation and causation. The riots & violence the past 7 weeks and nearby police hate crimes - correlate to the brown case. But the protests are in direct causation to brown.

And this demonstrates the source of your confusion; the protests aren't about Michael Brown. Why would The People protest against someone in their community who was killed by the government agency they're protesting? The question should clear up the confusion you have about the situation - they're not protesting Brown, they're protesting Wilson, Belmar, the PD and the unconstitutional and intimidating way they're treated on a daily, maybe even on an hourly, basis in their communities. The causation of the protests is an unarmed dead man at the hands of a gang who many perceive have a license to kill issued by the state. The causation of the protests is the years of stop & frisk tactics that seek to eliminate 4th Amendment protections about probable cause, warrants and due process, and criminalize standing on a corner shootin' the breeze with your friends. The causation of the protests are indirectly the apathetic public who turns a blind eye to such violations when it seems only groups they feel no empathy for are affected by the out-of-control police state.

There are myriad other causations associated with the protests, but none of them are Michael Brown. Brown is a symptom/victim of the problems, not a causation of them.

Blues

But- Yes- Brown was reported by the customer- but Brown was never charged. Being that Brown was never charged - "a crime was not committed" which is true- in legality -

However what is the point of charging someone you can not prosecute? example- if the defendant is deceased.

Normally- you can then determine innocent/guilty - plea bargain- seek restitution- make do jail time- etc. But how so and whats the point if the person in question is deceased?

THAT is one point I tried to make earlier, just because he wasn't charged with/convicted of a crime does NOT mean he is not a criminal. He is not a felon, parolee, convict, ex-con etc. because he has never been convicted - but if you commit a crime, you are a criminal.
-
There are only two reasons he would not have been charged with/convicted of a crime with the video evidence available
1. He is deceased
2. The store owner refused to press charges for fear of violent retaliation from a violent criminal that would probably only get a short sentence then get out seeking vengeance.
-
To the point, he deserved to be confronted by the cops initially. He incited a reaction by the cop. He got shot for it. Should he have been killed? You roll the dice like that and you take your chances. Check your magic 8-ball and hope you come up a winner.
-
I am just so sick of the "evil racist cop" BS, and trying to make every thug that get's himself shot seem like an angel that was target practice for the man. Are all cops good? No, just like all blacks aren't thugs. There is a small percentage of each, but when those two meet nothing good will come out of it.
-
I have been all over this country, to include growing up in a neighborhood that was split about 50/50 black and white (school was about 70/30 because they bussed in kids from the projects), serving in our diverse military etc. and the most racist people I have ever met have been a very small number of blacks. They are usually the local followers of Sharpton and Jackson that feel that their lot in life is so bad because the white man is keeping them down and it has nothing to do with their effort or initiative.
-
Got life problems that you feel are society's fault? Join the military - it's a steady job, there is exponentially less racism from any race towards any other compared to society in general, and they can teach you important things about being a human being that you may not have gotten from your broken home. If you would rather sit on your a$$ and whine about it while sucking on the gub'ment teat then you will never have my sympathy or respect. That goes for any race.
-
A simple lack of respect (for self and others) that they learned at home leads right up getting shot by a cop (or an armed convenience store clerk, or another thug, etc.). There are millions successful people that have come from checkered backgrounds on the basis of effort and initiative. This is America. Unfortunately this is also the America where you can live your whole life as an able-bodied citizen and never work a day in your life. But as I said, this is America - you get to choose.
-
Sorry for the long rant, but, nah, nevermind. I'm not sorry. Read it or skip it. This is America.

Where In my post did I mention protestors- I mentioned rioters and looters.

Answer that.

Correlation does not equate to insignificance. A matter of fact - correlation is very significant- but it simply can not be addressed as causation.

You and I are more or less- agreeing.

The hate on cop crimes- (2 in one night is ALOT, especially given the location and time saturation in which it occurred), as well as the violent responses TO anything Brown related- are not insignificant- but they do in face- have NOTHING to do with Brown. AGAIN- i say- they could've been proactive- if they were actually doing something related to the case- and joined the protestors.

Yes- I agree- this was one of the primarily points used- was- no charge- no crime. And in legalities- that is true.

But only true because- they can not request- nor bring- justice to the deceased. Therefore Brown was never charged (nor would we ever know if he would've been charged.)

THAT is one point I tried to make earlier, just because he wasn't charged with/convicted of a crime does NOT mean he is not a criminal. He is not a felon, parolee, convict, ex-con etc. because he has never been convicted - but if you commit a crime, you are a criminal.
-

Just as a rapist is a rapist no matter if they're in the system or not.

Where In my post did I mention protestors- I mentioned rioters and looters. Answer that.
I thought putting it in bold would preclude you demanding to know where you said what you did, indeed, say:
But the protests are in direct causation to brown.
Obviously, I was mistaken.
Correlation does not equate to insignificance. A matter of fact - correlation is very significant- but it simply can not be addressed as causation.
Why are you still talking about causation concerning the incident that whodat posted about that has the *official* status of having nothing whatsoever to do with Brown, Wilson, the PD or the protests?
You and I are more or less- agreeing.
I guess you're getting that from the same place you got that the *officially* unrelated two incidents were part of the protests against the police state atmosphere in Ferguson. Wherever you're getting it from though, you're wrong. I can't recall where you've posted a single thing about the topic of this thread that I agreed with you on.

Why Is it that you seem to think I was speaking of protesting in an ill manner when I said they were the only thing in direct causation?

Again. For the 10th time. If rioters and looters wanted to actually make a positive statement- they should spend their time protecting. Not commit crimes.

Why Is it that you seem to think I was speaking of protesting in an ill manner when I said they were the only thing in direct causation? Again. For the 10th time. If rioters and looters wanted to actually make a positive statement- they should spend their time protecting. Not commit crimes.
Then again I have to ask, to what rioters and looters are you referring? Because the only recent news is not about rioters and looters, but about protests arising again in the wake of Belmar's idiotic "apology." I asked you who the "these" and "they's" were and you said they were the unrelated-to-any-protests-or-riots two incidents of violence against cops. If rioters and looters wanted to actually make any kind of statement they'd be out there rioting and looting, but they're not, only protesters are out there having anything to do with the Aug. 9th shooting by Darren Wilson of Michael Brown.

The cop who was shot in ferguson was shot bc he was stopping a building from getting broken into.

There weren't news about cop shootings in the area and town next over within hours?

If opportunistic rioter and looting doesn't apply to your protestors. Why are u fixated in arguing? Bc I sure as hell am not applying it to the peaceful protestors. I can't help but feel you do this just for the sake of arguing.

The cop who was shot in ferguson was shot bc he was stopping a building from getting broken into. There weren't news about cop shootings in the area and town next over within hours?
Good grief. The Chief specifically said that the incident that whodat posted about, to which you replied with your "these and they" post that I first questioned you about, had NOTHING TO DO WITH MICHAEL BROWN or protests relating to his shooting. It was just an unrelated-to-anything-concerning-this-thread crime report.
If opportunistic rioter and looting doesn't apply to your protestors. Why are u fixated in arguing?
You're not talking about rioters and looters. You're talking about unrelated isolated incidents and trying to connect every bad thing that happens anywhere near Ferguson to folk who get out in the streets and protest their government, as is their right.
Bc I sure as hell am not applying it to the peaceful protestors.
Bull.
I can't help but feel you do this just for the sake of arguing.
No, I like to expose outright bigotry. Blues

Good grief. The Chief specifically said that the incident that whodat posted about, to which you replied with your "these and they" post that I first questioned you about, had NOTHING TO DO WITH MICHAEL BROWN or protests relating to his shooting. It was just an unrelated-to-anything-concerning-this-thread crime report. You're not talking about rioters and looters. You're talking about unrelated isolated incidents and trying to connect every bad thing that happens anywhere near Ferguson to folk who get out in the streets and protest their government, as is their right. Bull. No, I like to expose outright bigotry. Blues

uh... if you don't get what i'm saying by now- this conversation is pointless. And if anyone is a bigot- you're a bigot against law enforcement.

I have agreed- that those crimes have NOTHING TO DO WITH MICHAEL BROWN-

I have agreed that LOOTERS AND RIOTERS- actually have nothing to do with MICHAEL BROWN.

because THEY ARE OPPORTUNISTS. Opportunist violent rioters and looters- and criminals. They will do what they do. And look for any excuse to blame it on.

You used the word connect- CORRELATION does NOT equate to CAUSATION. You take every opportunity to defend any statement made by any poster that you see as "anti Brown" or "pro Wilson" - to seek an argument. Leave the protestors out of it. If the people you're defending are not the people i'm bashing- then what seems to be the problem? Besides your innate argumentative nature?

as for your statement about "bull" - you wouldn't let anyone else get away with such a vague counter- so please blue- DO elaborate. I'll wait.

Court is in recess.

I'm waiting for the final gavel to fall before I join this fray. From the posts 'til now, it looks like it's going to be a busy few weeks on the laptop...

Board to meet and discuss more minorities joining in law enforcement.

Link Removed

Other things I noticed. U of mo in St. Louis (located in north county) - have a special grant specifically for students from the town of ferguson. I believe the number was $1.2 M.

Fox local news are showing how they "get down" with ferguson by hiring a new anchor person who was in a 30 second commercial basically repeated over and over that he was from ferguson.

Link Removed

Other things I noticed. U of mo in St. Louis (located in north county) - have a special grant specifically for students from the town of ferguson. I believe the number was $1.2 M.

Fox local news are showing how they "get down" with ferguson by hiring a new anchor person who was in a 30 second commercial basically repeated over and over that he was from ferguson.
Good ol' affirmative action...brought to you by the individuals who had no idea competence and equality are supposed to coexist, not be at odds with each other.

You can't make someone be a cop. All they should do is look at past hiring practices to see if there was any discrimination - if not, bite me. But i'll bet you a dollar they offer some unfair incentive to blacks that will not be offered to other races - and that won't be considered discriminatory.

Ferguson - a mostly black community- yet with only two black LE. My guess is that they don't want to work in ferguson. Why would they? Small town. Not many benefits and room for career growth. They'd rather be working for stl city, stl county, st. Charles county, or mo hp- all of which are nearby.

My friends in college (and this is the "culture" in NYC and St. Louis. Can't speak for anywhere else) often would discuss work nights (when they were waitressing)- some of them were black. The overwhelming comment was that generally- black customers do not tip or tip well. My black girl friends would often comment not wanting to take tables with black customers-or when they would be relieved because they got a table with 8- which would allow them to have the manager tack on an automatic 18% gratuity.

"The murder rate has increased by almost 30 percent in the city of St. Louis compared to this time last year. More than 100 people have been killed."

http://fox2now.com/2014/10/14/1-dead-1-hospitalized-after-gunfire-erupts-in-north-city/

My guy has been working 12 hour shifts every day for the past week. Things have been really crazy and awful over here- especially with our team being in the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/slmpd/status/521343551259430913

"Last night there were 17 arrests for unlawful assembly.." -SLMPD (early hours of 10/13/14)

GO CARDINALS!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back