Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

Precisely. This is why you'd never hear me warning a mugger "Stop, I have a gun!". Because if they have a gun also, they might just decide to kill you immediately.

I'm more likely to say "Okay, here's my wallet, please don't hurt me!". A smarter mugger might wonder why I'm reaching to 4 o'clock for my wallet, but then smart muggers are probably a rare breed.

Another thing you might hear me say is "Please! I'm a pacifist!". =) I actually do look like I might be a pacifist too, and this idea amuses me endlessly.

I never been a carjacker so can not say from experience but if I saw a sign like that I don't know that it would stop me. I might just decide to be the first to do the shooting. I prefer to go incognito. I want the element of surprise to be on my side.

Precisely. This is why you'd never hear me warning a mugger "Stop, I have a gun!". Because if they have a gun also, they might just decide to kill you immediately.

I'm more likely to say "Okay, here's my wallet, please don't hurt me!". A smarter mugger might wonder why I'm reaching to 4 o'clock for my wallet, but then smart muggers are probably a rare breed.

Another thing you might hear me say is "Please! I'm a pacifist!". =) I actually do look like I might be a pacifist too, and this idea amuses me endlessly.
Most muggings that are violent from the beginning aren't done at a distance that gives you room to move around. In one-on-one incidents, they'll usually try to smother/grab you closely and jam the gun into your head while groping around for a wallet, or insist that you give it to them. If they can't get a good grip, they'll either try to beat you, or just shoot you early on and then take whatever they can get. That's pretty common in situations where a single attacker simply hides and waits for a victim to accost.

Unless you have actually already drawn, you'd really need to be good at close-quarters combat to turn the situation around. Otherwise you're probably better off letting them have what they want and consider yourself lucky you made it out alive.

Smarter lone muggers will go around chatting up different people trying to get money. If they see a good mark, they might try to intimidate you, and occasionally resort to a violent attack. These are the people you have the best chance of repelling; of course, they're also the easiest to deal with.

Isn't the motivation behind concealed carry supposed to be not advertising in any way that you're carrying? Decals and CCW badges take that away. I would definitely not have decals or badges advertising that I'm armed or have guns nearby. That's just drawing unwanted and unnecessary attention to themselves.

Isn't the motivation behind concealed carry supposed to be not advertising in any way that you're carrying? Decals and CCW badges take that away. I would definitely not have decals or badges advertising that I'm armed or have guns nearby. That's just drawing unwanted and unnecessary attention to themselves.

I suspect that what you are saying is so, but only as it applies to states where the requirement is that the firearm must remain concealed. The exception to that would be areas where open carry is permitted.

Link Removed

There must be a market for them.

I was amazed when I went to a Gun Show this weekend, and there was a vendor whose main product and advertising was for Concealed Weapons Badges.

I don't know who comes up with these crazy ideas

There must be a market for them.

I was amazed when I went to a Gun Show this weekend, and there was a vendor whose main product and advertising was for Concealed Weapons Badges.

I don't know who comes up with these crazy ideas

I have seen the same at gun shows. However, more bizzare than just seeing them is witnessing the number of people that buy them.

I suspect that what you are saying is so, but only as it applies to states where the requirement is that the firearm must remain concealed. The exception to that would be areas where open carry is permitted.

Link Removed

Ok, so I was mistaken only mentioning how foolish this is for people who conceal carry. I think it is equally foolish for people openly carrying to do this too. Just because someone is open carrying does not mean they're trying to draw attention to themselves or the fact that they're carrying. Just like a person who is concealing, their primary purpose is self defense. Thus, I believe that whether a person conceals or carries out in the open, the only purpose these decals serve is to bring unwanted and unnecessary attention to oneself.

I do like my (got ammo) shirt. Might wear a USMC tee and assorted ball caps with Glock- kimber- sig all are targets

For those absolutely determined to make it painfully obvious to the entire world that they have a gun, it is unlikely that they can be helped.

Go ahead and attract all the carjackers, muggers, thugs and LEOs to yourself, and away from me. You may also make a good test case, so make sure you get a good lawyer. I look forward to reading the score in Westlaw.

Oh, don't get me wrong here. I'm not advocating this. I'm just being the devils advocate. I actually agree that staying on the down-low is the preferable way.

I came back to re-read this thread after seeing Armed Decal as a sponsor of my favorite site. After reading all five pages all I can say is that I hate when my full size M&P "prints". Why the hell do I want to advertise I'm a "gun toting, paranoid, freak"?

I see the logic but, I disagree. While the red-neck in me wants a Nothing-In-Here-Worth-Dying-For sticker, I just can't do it.

I came back to re-read this thread after seeing Armed Decal as a sponsor of my favorite site. After reading all five pages all I can say is that I hate when my full size M&P "prints". Why the hell do I want to advertise I'm a "gun toting, paranoid, freak"?

I see the logic but, I disagree. While the red-neck in me wants a Nothing-In-Here-Worth-Dying-For sticker, I just can't do it.

I ordered a set before starting this thread. After reading through the arguments in favor and against (mostly against), I elected to file away the stickers as good memoribilia. The arguments against were pretty convincing that this may not be the best thing for me to display.

While some may consider these stickers no worse then alarm company stickers, I prefer "concealed" carry. This means no visibility and no advertisement.

I could not agree more, I do not like stickers or badges at all. The only one that needs to know that I have a gun on me, is me and the BG it’s aimed at.

I could not agree more, I do not like stickers or badges at all. The only one that needs to know that I have a gun on me, is me and the BG it’s aimed at.

"Badges? We don't got no badges! We don't need no badges!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

All of the "reasons" behind CWP badges and stickers seem to be a huge reach. They sound like something advertised on late-night infomercials...chicken basters with a built-in VCR or whatever. I'm thankful for their sponsorship of the site, though.

If the silly sticker works like it's supposed to you're only sending a BG off to find some unprepared victim. The whole concept of concealed carry is to make it harder for the wolves to tell the sheep from the sheepdogs. Why help 'em?

There oughta be a question on the CCW app: "Do you intend to purchase a CCW badge?" If you answer YES, you don't get the permit on grounds of mental deficiency.

Jes' kiddin'.

Sorta.

Thanks to all, enjoyed the pro vs con aspects... I too agree, no sign no decal no advertising. A laugh to the badges quote, it reminded my of the stuff my NRA instructor, the lawyer, and the Sheriff Dept all said... All thos preotected by S&W shirts, signs, ball caps etc do is demonstrate to the unknowing that you are a vicious killer because you advertise that you want to shoot someone. Low key, concealed, prepared and vigilant.

Again, thanks - really a great discussion.

All thos preotected by S&W shirts, signs, ball caps etc do is demonstrate to the unknowing that you are a vicious killer because you advertise that you want to shoot someone.
+1

It's ok if you're at an NRA convention or shooting event, but why would I want to provoke someone to say something, or possibly end up being a test case because I was in the wrong parking lot and someone decided to search my car? Unleashing that hornets nest is a job for a bunch of idle lawyers.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back