Ladies - what gun to you carry?

Sig Mosiquito 22LR Nice gun but Inned to get more involved with the handling and shouting. Tom made friends at church and one has an outdoor range.
I also have a Ruger 22LR.

Any ladies out there that carry the Walther PPS 9mm? If so, how does it carry? I just checked one out at Gander Mtn. and really liked the feel of it.

Talked with the woman behind the gun counter at GM and she was telling me they just sold their last 3 boxes of 50 rounds .380 for $50 each. That's a buck a bullet. Damn. They had just sold the last Ruger LCP they had also [I'm sure that's who bought the ammo]

I had my heart set on the Ruger LCP but if I can't get ammo it would just be another gun I don't shoot. 9mm ammo seems to be available.

So, I'd like to hear from anyone that carries the Walther PPS slim 9 mm.

Thanks. C

Nothing wrong with a sub-compact 9mm... Ammo is more plentiful and cheaper. And it hits harder than .380 ACP. I don't know much about the Walther PPS slim so I can't say whether it would be right for you. As a suggestion though, you may want to try out several models including the Taurus 709 slim. See how they feel in your hand, etc...

I have a Sig 22lr nd a Ruger 22LR, but hubby and I are looking for a more bang for our buck and we are thinking of a Glock 9mm

Well, I bought the Walther PPS 9mm last week. Have only put 100 rounds through it, but I really like it. The minute I held it at GM, loved it. Tried a few other 9mm and just too big feeling in my hand. PPS is nice and slim and has two different back straps that fit on the grip for small or large grip. Great gun and 9mm definitely cheaper ammo.

Wow, some great comments here! Currently I carry a Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm. I have a holster (my favorite way to carry), a fanny pack, and a concealed carry purse. In one of the classes I attended someone made a very interesting comment about the purse...they said if you are mugged, your purse may be taken, so that makes me think seriously before I use that. Also, if my gun is in my purse I have to always have it in my hands, not hanging on the back of my chair, for example.
My wonderful husband just bought me a Ruger SR9C yesterday, and I have not had the opportunity to take it out and shoot it yet, but that will replace my Taurus.
When we go out hiking in the woods, I carry my XD45 in a holster.

Any Ladies out there carry a 45, if so which gun and how is it carryed, holster, purse, fanny pack ? I would like my much better half to carry a 45, she can shoot them just fine we have 3 so thats not the issue, she carrys a 709 taurus now which is a excellent weapon, but a 45 has a much harder hit, and they dont seem to have the recoil of the 40

Any Ladies out there carry a 45, if so which gun and how is it carryed, holster, purse, fanny pack ? I would like my much better half to carry a 45, she can shoot them just fine we have 3 so thats not the issue, she carrys a 709 taurus now which is a excellent weapon, but a 45 has a much harder hit, and they dont seem to have the recoil of the 40

I think it would depend on your wife's size and body shape. I find my husbands 45 Ruger to be large and bulky and buying the Walther PPS just recently I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to carry that off concealed. I'm 5'4" around 140 lb. and the bigger guns dig into my sides when I sit. When I do carry on my body it's usually at sob with my 32naa. I have a gun fanny pack that I've only used once or twice. Too big and bulky but hubby bought me a large, thinking I could carry the kitchen sink in it. I do carry in my purse sometimes but only if I'm carrying it cross chest and close to my side.

I carry a .45 1911 (see avatar) 4" barrel in an IWB Kholster. It is a little long and I think I would like to try a 3" eventually but I love my 1911! Their frames aren't quite as "thick" as some of the other large caliber guns available. I am also 5'4" but it's been many years since I weighed only 140 lol so I'm on the chunky side. Yes the gun does dig some but only occasionally - mostly when I forget it's there. Believe it or not once you get used to a gun this size and weight you CAN forget it's there till you move wrong and it reminds you - which is not a bad thing in my opinion :) ( I carry between 2:30 and 3:00 and I did replace the bulky rubber wrap grip with standard checkered wood side plates - need to update the pic lol)

I'm 5'5" about 150# and I carry a Taurus PT111 9mm in a holster. I find that this is a very comfortable way to carry, it's easily accessible and not at all uncomfortable. The Taurus Millennium Pro 145 is .45ACP and is virtually the same size as the 9mm. I have not shot the .45 so don't know how the recoil is, but with the 9mm it's not too bad.

I like the LCP but if the Glock 26 were a tad smaller and lighter I would use it as my daily carry. The LCP is accurate and easy to shoot but the ammo is a bit more expensive. I had a problem finding .380 for a couple of months but seems like it isn't that hard to find lately. I am hoping the .380 shortage is over.

I would like to see Glock make one a little smaller, but it would have to be as tough as what they have now, have you looked at the Taurus PT-709 9mm ? we have 2 very nice feeling weapon, smaller than the Glock, much easyer to conceal

I like the LCP but if the Glock 26 were a tad smaller and lighter I would use it as my daily carry. The LCP is accurate and easy to shoot but the ammo is a bit more expensive. I had a problem finding .380 for a couple of months but seems like it isn't that hard to find lately. I am hoping the .380 shortage is over.

I did find some .380 at Cheaper than Dirt, but it's still expensive. I hope the price will come down.

I recently purchased a Taurus 709 Slim 9mm and really like it. I am trying it out in a kholster, and have a Defender belly band on order from Active Gear:

Link Removed

My favorite is still the Sig P232 in the Galco IWB holster w/ retention strap.

Taurus .357/.38 2" barrel. I target practice with this one most of the time, and carry it ALL the time.

I also have a Luger 9mm, but it's heavy for me and has a harder recoil than my Taurus, although I practice with it, just to keep myself "used" to it, too.

I am currently carrying a 4" 1911 in an IWB holster but just ordered the compact version 3 1/2" with shorter grip for CC. Being summertime and wearing lightweight tank tops makes the larger gun harder to conceal - hubby says he doesn't notice when I'm carrying but I feel like it is more likely to 'print' if I'm out shopping so I decided to buy the smaller gun. Still a .45 1911 and made by the same company so shouldn't be too much difference as far as the feel and handling. Yes they are a bit heavy but I prefer that over guns you can't feel at your side. If they shift you will notice and can fix it and if you don't 'forget' it is there you will be more aware if certain movements might cause inadvertent printing through your clothing - also the reason I carry IWB as it breaks up some of the silhouette ;)

My first gun was a .40 Taurus 24/7 compact - it was easy to conceal and accurate as all get out but was the loudest little gun to shoot and had so much muzzle lift you about hit yourself in the forehead after each shot. It was causing me to start flinching really badly so I bought the 1911 and I'm much happier now!

I just purchased a 1911 4" and was thinking of carrying it in a belly bag. It is a great firearm. I use an HK for IDPA but like the 1911s better. When I don't want to carry the weight I have a little Seecamp that can fit anywhere.

Two of them. S&W J frame and a Mauser semi-auto. Custom make my own belly bands or under skirt holsters as I have found that "one size" fits none. LOL

I carry the Ruger .380 LCP. I love it. It has good center body mass grouping, and not too bad grouping at 15 yards or more. (I really wish they had the yardage marked at the local conservation range.) It was pretty far for such a small gun. Anyway, the hollow point is not likely to pass through your target and get the poor guy behind the BG. And She is small and light and her name is Elsie.. LCP. Great summer gun for when it is HOT out. Appendix Carry a little more to the front. I have a Kel-Tec p-11 that I am going to trade off. The trigger is so hard to pull it messes up my accuracy and my confidence in that order. And it hurts my tendentious in my elbow after just a clip or 2. I got it new and The Sites are way off, while i know that can be fixed it is not worth fixing the sights if it hurts to shoot it. it was suppose to be my cool weather gun.

Tell the guys that a little .380 that goes with your everywhere in an on body carry is much better than a big gun hidden in your purse that just got snatched, Or a big gun you left at home on the counter cause it was just to big heavy and bulky and hard to hide.. A big gun does you no good if you can not get to it when you need it. A little .380 is much better than not having and needing one.

I am on USCCA so I will probably not post on here much. I wish I had found this first, it is free. LOL

I carry 2 semi-automatic pistols: a Colt 1911 .45 and a Beretta 9mm. My methods of carry include a side holster on my hip and a fanny pack. I'm considering a cc vest and an IWB holster but need funds. Gotta pay the house bills first. I have a .380 but I bought it after I was granted my cc permit. I'll add it on when I renew. It's much smaller than the other two pistols and will be easier to conceal and wear. The Beretta and the Colt can exacerbate my already-sore back and hip but I refuse to go without!

Add it on when you renew? what State are you in that you have to register each separate carry gun? In Mo, once you have the permit you can carry anything, and as many at a time as you want. Any concealed firearm that is, its still illegal to carry a knife over 4 inches. ROFL. DUH. Now I would not go around carrying a gun that you bought out of the back of a car in a parking lot. AKA stolen gun, but any gun you know is not on the hot list is fine to carry in Mo.

Now if you shoot someone they do make you prove ownership so if it is your Dad's gun, he may have to produce a receipt. I am not sure how that works if it is an old Gun. The guy that did our CCW class recommended that you have a gun shop owner, do some kind of paper work that he keeps on file that says the gun is yours so if you ever have a problem with your carry gun you can get it back eventually. We Bought 2 new guns in Illinois and used Don's sisters FOID card cause ours had expired. And we did some kind of paperwork that said we "bought" them from her in Mo, just in case we ever needed to prove ownership..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back