Ladies - what gun to you carry?

I bought the full moon and I carry a med sized (4") 1911. I generally carry it at 3-3:30 tilted slightly forward but occasionally I will change the cant and carry it cross draw at about 10:00. I prefer strong side carry though so it is rare that I wear it cross draw. I chose the full moon over the crescent only because it has more adjustment holes and because I planned to modify it. The owner of Kholster is really great about answering emails too if you have any technical questions or if your gun isn't on the list - there are many others he can do that he doesn't have listed on the website :) Here is a picture of mine after being cut on:

Thanks for the info -- appreciate it!

Love my Walther PPS 9mm carried usually IWB with a Don Hume. Since it is one inch wide it is not as noticable as some of the thicker handguns and we all know we don't want our waist line to be bigger than it already is!
Have carried fanny pack, ankle, pocket, purse and hip. Do not recommend purse due to purse snatchers and nothing is easily removed from your purse if it is crammed like mine. Ankle is back up only, tough to get to in a dangerous situation. I now buy my clothes as to whether or not they are 'carry friendly'. My little Beretta Tomcat is easy to conceal anywhere - even the bra.

We hav a local family who makes them. Theres a place 4 one weapon & a mag! Comes in a varity of sizes! its not has wide has some on line are much more comfortable!can turn it si its easy to get out left or right.cab place weapon at what ever site u want on your waist.

I have a North American 32NAA that's my main carry, but also have a Rossi 357 Mag revolver and a Taurus .25. I have a metal clip right on the NAA that clips to my waistband either inside or out. I do carry in my purse during the week for work though that's not a preferable spot.

Hi guys. I'm about 2 months in to the "I will carry" mode of thinking. I have 1. purchased a gun 2. attended my first NRA sponsored training class 3. Scheduled my appointment for CCW application and 4. Done some holster/carry research but not yet made a purchase.

So, it may be a little early for me to answer the "what gun do you carry" question since I don't carry... yet.

That said, the gun I chose is a Glock 22 - full size .40 S&W.

At the moment, I intend to carry it, depending on the clothing I'm wearing that day, in one of the following: a thigh holster, a bra holster/bellyband/or smart carry (tbd), and a purse holster/fanny pack holster (tbd).

Would love to hear from any full-size gun carriers who use something other than a waistband holster what you carry in and how well it works for you.

It's good to be here!
M-

Hi guys. I'm about 2 months in to the "I will carry" mode of thinking. I have 1. purchased a gun 2. attended my first NRA sponsored training class 3. Scheduled my appointment for CCW application and 4. Done some holster/carry research but not yet made a purchase.

So, it may be a little early for me to answer the "what gun do you carry" question since I don't carry... yet.

That said, the gun I chose is a Glock 22 - full size .40 S&W.

At the moment, I intend to carry it, depending on the clothing I'm wearing that day, in one of the following: a thigh holster, a bra holster/bellyband/or smart carry (tbd), and a purse holster/fanny pack holster (tbd).

Would love to hear from any full-size gun carriers who use something other than a waistband holster what you carry in and how well it works for you.

It's good to be here!
M-

Welcome to the site! You picked out a fantastic pistol. Hard to go wrong with a Glock. Is yours a 3rd or 4th generation pistol? I am surprised you went with a service sized pistol... pretty tough to effectively conceal... Especially in a tropical climate such as Florida. There are effective concealment methods for service sized pistols but I'll let some of the folks on here that carry them answer your question:biggrin: Again, welcome to the site! Glad to have you with us!

How does that 32NAA shoot?

The 32 NAA shoots very well. Aim is pretty true and easy to stay on target. The cartridge is a 380 necked down to a 32 for more power behind it. It's small and doesn't print when wearing in either an IWB holster or a clip that attaches to the side of the gun and clip it in my waistband without a belt.

Welcome to the site! You picked out a fantastic pistol. Hard to go wrong with a Glock. Is yours a 3rd or 4th generation pistol? I am surprised you went with a service sized pistol... pretty tough to effectively conceal... Especially in a tropical climate such as Florida. There are effective concealment methods for service sized pistols but I'll let some of the folks on here that carry them answer your question:biggrin: Again, welcome to the site! Glad to have you with us!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm waiting on getting the CWFL before I start attempting any of the holster options I mentioned. I know I picked a full-size, but basically I did so while following the many recommendations I've had from others to: shoot as many guns as I can and choose as much gun as I can handle, and to realize that my first gun would most likely be anything but my only-ever gun, so that if I learned I had different needs than what drove the first purchase, I could always do it over again later.

so... I picked the gun that felt the best in my hand, felt the best while shooting, and would have the best resale value if I needed to make a change later.

If money had not been an object, I might have gone for a Browning Hi-Power or a 1911 clone. I've had the opportunity to shoot each of those in 9mm and .45 ACP and found both to be a joy to handle. Both would be too heavy, though, for carry I think. Not the Glock.

In Florida it's very hard to conceal so I have a belly pack for my Kimber 45 or a purse with compartment.

My usual carry is a Ruger LCP w/ct in IWB blackhawk holster. I carry on my weak side. I sometimes carry a Kel_Tec P32 or a Beretta Bobcat 21A, or a Glock 26. The Glock goes into a small pouch that attaches to my belt. I also have the smart carry and belly band. I have larger guns Ruger SR9 and the Bersa Thunder but don't carry them as they are harder for me to conceal unless I use a fanny pack and I don't like to carry on a daily basis cause of the weight. I carry every day even when at home. I never carry in my purse as I am prone to just sitting it down and walking off. Just feel better with my gun on my body. Not looking forward to summer harder to conceal with shorts and tank tops. Might look kinda strange in 90 degree weather with a vest on. LOL:wacko:

My usual carry is a Ruger LCP w/ct in IWB blackhawk holster. I carry on my weak side. :

How do you like the Ruger LCP? I'm thinking of purchasing one, but the fact that .380 ammo is difficult to find is holding me back.

I like the LCP but if the Glock 26 were a tad smaller and lighter I would use it as my daily carry. The LCP is accurate and easy to shoot but the ammo is a bit more expensive. I had a problem finding .380 for a couple of months but seems like it isn't that hard to find lately. I am hoping the .380 shortage is over.

I like the LCP but if the Glock 26 were a tad smaller and lighter I would use it as my daily carry. The LCP is accurate and easy to shoot but the ammo is a bit more expensive. I had a problem finding .380 for a couple of months but seems like it isn't that hard to find lately. I am hoping the .380 shortage is over.

My main reason for wanting an LCP is the fact that my 32NAA from North American Arms is hard to find ammo for. It's a specialty ammo only made by Corbon. At $25 plus shipping, signing, etc... for 50 rounds is too expensive. The gun is very small and easy to conceal, but I haven't been able to find ball ammo to practice with. I'm holding off on the LCP b/c .380 is also hard to find and expensive.

I would love to carry the Baby Glock, a friend of mine [female] purchased one at the gun show yesterday and it's great, just a bit too big for my hands and for concealment in my opinion.

We hav a local family who makes them. Theres a place 4 one weapon & a mag! Comes in a varity of sizes! its not has wide has some on line are much more comfortable!can turn it si its easy to get out left or right.cab place weapon at what ever site u want on your waist.

Do they sell online? If so, would you mind giving us the link? I've been considering a belly band for a while but haven't had the $ yet. I've looked at several online but before I purchase would like to check out all the options. Thanks so much! :biggrin:

Walther PPS 9mm

Any ladies out there that carry the Walther PPS 9mm? If so, how does it carry? I just checked one out at Gander Mtn. and really liked the feel of it.

Talked with the woman behind the gun counter at GM and she was telling me they just sold their last 3 boxes of 50 rounds .380 for $50 each. That's a buck a bullet. Damn. They had just sold the last Ruger LCP they had also [I'm sure that's who bought the ammo]

I had my heart set on the Ruger LCP but if I can't get ammo it would just be another gun I don't shoot. 9mm ammo seems to be available.

So, I'd like to hear from anyone that carries the Walther PPS slim 9 mm.

Thanks. C

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back