Ladies - what gun to you carry?

imadragonkeeper

Ladies - what gun do you carry?

I'm curious as to what other women choose to carry and what is your preferred method for carrying? This can be a major issue for those of us with curves trying to carry something that has none - especially those of us that might carry a larger weapon. What better place to compare notes and offer suggestions than here??

I carry a 4" 1911 in an IWB Kholster - it gives me the option to wear it cross draw or strong side and I can raise/lower the ride height depending on what style jeans I'm wearing. Super comfy!

My wife carries a Sig P238 (.380). It is small enough that she can carry it pretty much any way she wants to unless she is wearing something really tight..
She has a little slip in holster that she wears in her back, or front of her pants, but sometimes she will carry it in the appropriate inside pocket in her motorcycle jacket, or in her purse.
She also has a "belly band" type holster, but she has yet to wear it.

My wife's preferred carry is her Bersa 380 in the summertime and a 24/7 ProC 40S&W in the winter. She uses a "Supertuck" or A "Wildbills" IWB; but I actually think her favorite holster is a cheap "Uncle Mikes".

I carry 2 semi-automatic pistols: a Colt 1911 .45 and a Beretta 9mm. My methods of carry include a side holster on my hip and a fanny pack. I'm considering a cc vest and an IWB holster but need funds. Gotta pay the house bills first. I have a .380 but I bought it after I was granted my cc permit. I'll add it on when I renew. It's much smaller than the other two pistols and will be easier to conceal and wear. The Beretta and the Colt can exacerbate my already-sore back and hip but I refuse to go without!

I prefer my Glock 23, compact .40 caliber. I am still learning a lot about it even though I've had it for zonks. My BUG is an XD, thigh/leg carry. In winter I OWB. In summer...well, it's gonna be a bit hard if I don't wear a cargo pants and I am getting to look like a squashed pumpkin when I do so back to jeans and IWB I suppose, provided I find one that will be comfortable enough for me to use. :wacko:

I carry 2 semi-automatic pistols: a Colt 1911 .45 and a Beretta 9mm. My methods of carry include a side holster on my hip and a fanny pack. I'm considering a cc vest and an IWB holster but need funds. Gotta pay the house bills first. I have a .380 but I bought it after I was granted my cc permit. I'll add it on when I renew. It's much smaller than the other two pistols and will be easier to conceal and wear. The Beretta and the Colt can exacerbate my already-sore back and hip but I refuse to go without!

So in Nevada your license is gun specific?

I have carried 2 guns (one at a time):
1) H&K USP 9 compact
2) Kahr MK9

Favorite Holster: Don Hume 721 OT (one for each gun)

Carry location: OWB 4-5 o'clock.

H&K is comfortable and concealable with the right clothing. MK9 conceals easily with almost any clothing and I am barely aware of its presence.

I carry every day. Usually, I carry the MK9 because of its ease of concealability (it is thinner, and 1" shorter in height and length compared to the H&K ... it is about the same weight, though); the H&K is my home gun mostly. Love them both!

So in Nevada your license is gun specific?

Yes and no. Semi-automatic pistols are specified on the back of the permits. Revolvers are not. Any revolver may be carried if the permit was granted initially for a revolver.

Last edited:
I carry a glock 26 mostly in belly band, or cross body in Wilderness Tactical Safepacker.
I live in FL and have not found carrying iwb comfortable yet. I have only tried an Uncle Mikes so far. $$$

lll

I carry 2 weapons. the PT-709slim Taurus in a Belly Band & the 738 taurus in a Ankle Band! The belly band is GREAT! Its at the 6 o'clock. It feels good there. The Ankle Band Is Ok if I can center it correctly! But thats an issue depending on if I'm wearing Sneakers,Shoes w/some heal not much or Boots just above my ankle! The ankle is more of an issue because #1-I'm an ampute' and have to wear it on the outside of my right ankle can't wear it on the inside due to the way I walk! I don't use a cane or anythink & unless you know me there no way you'd know I was an ampute',unless I told you! Anyway our gun range ordered a holster for the ankle he really thinks I'll like.Should have it soon.Heres hopping it wks.
I'm small and thats been an issue for me with what I get! Plus I've other health issues in the mix! With all that its been a challenge to find something I can carry & still conceal it fairly well! Plus be able to shoot & handle with out Hubby's help! Thats what I what! To be completely incontrol & know I can handle what ever comes my way!
I do have a great guy,so it wouldn't be possible with out his total understanding & willingness to buy & work at these guns like we have! At least I think for now the guns are settled.
By the way with the colder weather its not to bad how do we handle the Hot Weather when we want to wear a bit ,Ok alot less clothing?

I carry a Sig P 232 .380 in a Galco IWB holster. I saw the Taurus 709 9mm at the gun store the other day and am also researching that. As a left-handed, short, curvy lady I have difficulty finding holsters that work for me. I also have a Ruger P95 9mm and a CZ 75 9mm, but am still searching for the perfect holster to carry them.

lll

I carry 2 weapons. the PT-709slim Taurus in a Belly Band & the 738 taurus in a Ankle Band! The belly band is GREAT! Its at the 6 o'clock. It feels good there. The Ankle Band Is Ok if I can center it correctly! But thats an issue depending on if I'm wearing Sneakers,Shoes w/some heal not much or Boots just above my ankle! The ankle is more of an issue because #1-I'm an ampute' and have to wear it on the outside of my right ankle can't wear it on the inside due to the way I walk! I don't use a cane or anythink & unless you know me there no way you'd know I was an ampute',unless I told you! Anyway our gun range ordered a holster for the ankle he really thinks I'll like.Should have it soon.Heres hopping it wks.
I'm small and thats been an issue for me with what I get! Plus I've other health issues in the mix! With all that its been a challenge to find something I can carry & still conceal it fairly well! Plus be able to shoot & handle with out Hubby's help! Thats what I what! To be completely incontrol & know I can handle what ever comes my way!
I do have a great guy,so it wouldn't be possible with out his total understanding & willingness to buy & work at these guns like we have! At least I think for now the guns are settled.
By the way with the colder weather its not to bad how do we handle the Hot Weather when we want to wear a bit ,Ok alot less clothing?

Since you are in Tennessee, can you get a permit to OC in the warmer weather? You wouldn't have to worry about the amount of clothing you'd have to wear. If that's not an option then you could consider both on and off body carry methods including a CC undershirt, a purse, fanny pack, briefcase, IWB holster, thigh holster, or backpack. Not everyone likes the idea of off-body carry though some of these might work for you when you wear less clothing in warm weather.

If any of you have thought about IWB carry you should check out kholster.com - They look huge but they are made to be cut down/customized by the buyer. Super comfortable and if you do a forum search you can find threads where people have posted pictures of their customized kholsters. As an added bonus they give you a coupon code to pass on to friends for a 10% discount making them just under $45 (including shipping) - comparable holsters are $70+ and are not nearly as adjustable nor are they customizable (at least not without voiding their warranty- Kholster will warranty any of their products even if you cut the leather down). Interested? Visit the website and if you decide to buy use my coupon code to get your 10% discount :) it's 01-3088

I am not affiliated with this company in any way I am just a very happy customer - I liked my Crossbreed Supertuck but I Love my Kholster!

My daughter is now the proud owner of a Diamondback DB380... It's her first gun:). My fiance is toting around a Glock 19.

If any of you have thought about IWB carry you should check out kholster.com - They look huge but they are made to be cut down/customized by the buyer. Super comfortable and if you do a forum search you can find threads where people have posted pictures of their customized kholsters. As an added bonus they give you a coupon code to pass on to friends for a 10% discount making them just under $45 (including shipping) - comparable holsters are $70+ and are not nearly as adjustable nor are they customizable (at least not without voiding their warranty- Kholster will warranty any of their products even if you cut the leather down). Interested? Visit the website and if you decide to buy use my coupon code to get your 10% discount :) it's 01-3088

I am not affiliated with this company in any way I am just a very happy customer - I liked my Crossbreed Supertuck but I Love my Kholster!

The Kholster looks interesting! If you wouldn't mind a few questions:
What gun do you carry in it? Which shape did you get (full-sized or crescent)? At what body position do you wear it?
I am excited that they actually make left-handed models; I have had a lot of trouble finding what I need. Thanks!

The Kholster looks interesting! If you wouldn't mind a few questions:
What gun do you carry in it? Which shape did you get (full-sized or crescent)? At what body position do you wear it?
I am excited that they actually make left-handed models; I have had a lot of trouble finding what I need. Thanks!

I bought the full moon and I carry a med sized (4") 1911. I generally carry it at 3-3:30 tilted slightly forward but occasionally I will change the cant and carry it cross draw at about 10:00. I prefer strong side carry though so it is rare that I wear it cross draw. I chose the full moon over the crescent only because it has more adjustment holes and because I planned to modify it. The owner of Kholster is really great about answering emails too if you have any technical questions or if your gun isn't on the list - there are many others he can do that he doesn't have listed on the website :) Here is a picture of mine after being cut on:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back