FL Open Carry Bill Filed SB-234

I am personally still on the fence on OC. I really see the points of both sides. Thanks everyone for the opinions posted here. I'm very interested to see how this will play out in SC.

i personally open carry. living in the woods open or concealed isnt a big deal. and if its my right to carry then open shouldnt be a big deal. maybe the more people see others openly carrying firearms then it may become more of a common thought in society rather than looked down upon by the anti gun nuts who dont really have a clue

folks should have the right to carry any way they want to so long they not pointing their gun at folks for criminal tresspass and or other reckless manner
if oc does eventually get passed in florida, i'd probably mostly conceal carry but would be glad to at least have the option

I wish other states would look at Vermont gun laws, if you can buy it you can carry it. If someone sees you carrying your gun they know not to mess with you or your family. I have always thought concealing your weapon is not always the best choice. Open carry has so many benefits and should be legal as long as you can own your gun and prove yourself responsible.

Hi everyone. I'm new with ccw permit and need to know... If my weapon is concealed and some how it becomes un-concealed, (IE: my shirt flies up from the wind) have I broken the law? I don't want to be worried everytime im carying.

Hi everyone. I'm new with ccw permit and need to know... If my weapon is concealed and some how it becomes un-concealed, (IE: my shirt flies up from the wind) have I broken the law? I don't want to be worried everytime im carying.

Depends on the State. In Florida, if you expose your concealed firearm, it's considered "brandishing" - a felony. It seems to be enforced selectively....only if they really want to, or if there are other problems.

I had a pistol fall out of a "soft" IWB holster when I bent over in the checkout line at a store. The clerk picked it up & handed it back to me, and none of the other people in line even batted an eye. I was lucky - Embarrassing, but no big deal. That being said - you still have to be aware that if they want to, they can make your life miserable. If somebody wants to make an example of you (Like George Zimmerman), you're hosed.

Check your local laws....and get a good holster!

The correct answer is "No".

Accidental or inadventent exposure "briefly" is not a crime in Florida. Neither is printing although everyone seems to be overly concerned about that too!

A properly concealed gun really shouldn't become exposed "accidentally" but sometimes stuff happens. Not to worry.

AD (full time open carry advocate and practitioner)

I'm in Charlotte county ....have a CWP.... Who are my reps and senators ...only lived here two years, know the fed guys but not the state...

did you happen to notice the dates on the last posts?
here is some good info, OC is not legal in FLA, however there are a few exceptions and there is no movement towards changing the law to allow for full OC in FLA

did you happen to notice the dates on the last posts?
here is some good info, OC is not legal in FLA, however there are a few exceptions and there is no movement towards changing the law to allow for full OC in FLA

Florida Carry has not abandoned the cause of full open carry. People need to join and support this great organization.

Florida Carry has not abandoned the cause of full open carry. People need to join and support this great organization.

FLA carry is doing some good work getting localities and other agencies to comply with the preemption laws, however I am and many others are not in favor of changing the OC laws.

FLA carry is doing some good work getting localities and other agencies to comply with the preemption laws, however I am and many others are not in favor of changing the OC laws.

Good for you and your many others but the majority of us want OC in Fl

I can understand an individual gun-owner choosing to carry concealed, but why on Earth would you oppose others from having the choice?

I can understand an individual gun-owner choosing to carry concealed, but why on Earth would you oppose others from having the choice?

not being in favor is a long way from opposing it, I will not lift a finger to push for any change in the laws and I won't lift a finger to fight any changes in the law, in other words I don't care, my statement stands I am not in favor of having OC in FLA.

not being in favor is a long way from opposing it, I will not lift a finger to push for any change in the laws and I won't lift a finger to fight any changes in the law, in other words I don't care, my statement stands I am not in favor of having OC in FLA.

Then allow me to reword it - Why on Earth would you oppose others having the choice even in your mind?

Then allow me to reword it - Why on Earth would you oppose others having the choice even in your mind?

what exactly is unclear?
I stated I am against OC in FLA, I stated that if asked I would not advocate for OC, I stated if asked I would not advocate against OC.
exactly what makes you think that I oppose anyone else OCing?

for the slower ones, the operative words in my original statement was I DON'T CARE

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back