FL Open Carry Bill Filed SB-234

Blah blah...

for the slower ones, the operative words in my original statement was I DON'T CARE

No it wasn't.

FLA carry is doing some good work getting localities and other agencies to comply with the preemption laws, however I am and many others are not in favor of changing the OC laws.

Those were the "operative words" that I asked about, and for which you have yet to answer any questions about.

Just to keep things on the up-and-up dontchaknow.

Blues

what exactly is unclear?
I stated I am against OC in FLA, I stated that if asked I would not advocate for OC, I stated if asked I would not advocate against OC.
exactly what makes you think that I oppose anyone else OCing?

for the slower ones, the operative words in my original statement was I DON'T CARE

And the operative words in this post are highlighted in red. So, I must ask too, exactly why are you against the expansion of people's legal ability to exercise their rights?

Hi, I think that the owners of this site should put up a petition to gov. Scott to repeal the law against OC in fl. as he said he would while campaigning to be gov in 2010. Thank you.

For those against OC in Florida, are'nt you someone glad that your right to CC is not opposed? I don't get it. A right is a a right.

For those against OC in Florida, are'nt you someone glad that your right to CC is not opposed? I don't get it. A right is a a right.

the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed however the carrying of your weapons in public can be subject to regulation see the supremes heller decision

the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed however the carrying of your weapons in public can be subject to regulation see the supremes heller decision

I guess you missed the BEAR arms part of Heller. Keeping and bearing are two coequal rights.

I guessed you missed the part about reasonable regulations..

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

Even though I carry it would take a little getting used to, to be completely honest. BUT, At least I would know what holster to get for my FNP .45. I canny a SR1911 and have been trying to figure out if I can IWB the FNP.

... the carrying of your weapons in public can be subject to regulation see the supremes heller decision

SCOTUS singled out CONCEALED carry for general prohibition while approving of four 19th century State Supreme Court cases that required that OPEN carry not be prohibited. It also validated prohibition of suspect classes such, as felons, and restrictions on carry in sensitive places such as schools.

No appellate court that has recognized the individual right to bears has ever approved of a generalized ban on open carry.

The first post Heller and McDonald case challenging an open carry ban is Norman v. State. That case will be decided soon and we will move forward with either appeal, in the case of a bad decision, or legislation to perfect the parameters of the right to bear arms, in the case of a good decision, once we have the ruling. https://www.floridacarry.org/index.php/litigation-32/21-statecourt/70-norman-v-state

In Florida, the concealed carry license is a privilege, not a right. So saith the Fl Supreme Court in Crane v. Department of State, 547 So. 2d 266 (Fla. 1989)

The Florida Sheriffs Association was quick to point that out to the legislature this year while fighting against relaxing the ban on all carry during locally declared emergencies to just allow for taking your firearms with you during a mandatory evacuation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qogTYo4mPuo

Last edited:
Even though I carry it would take a little getting used to, to be completely honest. BUT, At least I would know what holster to get for my FNP .45. I canny a SR1911 and have been trying to figure out if I can IWB the FNP.

You can...it's not comfortable for me when I do though...that and why would I hide such beautiful engineering?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Historical notes: When this thread was started gun owners in FL were fighting for OC. Gun owners in SC were pushing for OC with the state issued carry permit. Gun owners in SC have recently gotten OC with the permit, but FL gun owners are still at square one.

Why is that? The legislature in SC is notoriously slow to act on anything other than passing the annual budget, naming roads and bridges, and fighting over redistricting every ten years. I am speaking from experience.

So with that said, why is FL still at square one on this issue?
The Republic an leader of the Senate is causing all of the problems.

And it seems eh is intending to run for Commissioner of AG against Fried, the AG department runs the CCL program which Fried has tried ti gut. .

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back