Do I tell Law Enforcement Officers?

i always hand the nice officer my DL, retired mil ID and CCW permit...followed by I am a CCW permit holder, how do you wish to proceed...never had a bad stop...hopefully never will.

i always hand the nice officer my DL, retired mil ID and CCW permit...followed by I am a CCW permit holder, how do you wish to proceed...never had a bad stop...hopefully never will.

do you also pee on yourself to show that you are deferring to the cops dominance the way a submissive dog would pee on himself before the alpha?

why in the world would you show a retired mil id?

do you also pee on yourself to show that you are deferring to the cops dominance the way a submissive dog would pee on himself before the alpha?

why in the world would you show a retired mil id?

Favoritism?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

There is a reason cops are a little edgy now days...they tend to get shot by badguys in the line of duty.
ANYTHING you can do to be above board puts them more at ease...as far as the bladder issues I would suggest depends.
The retired Mil ID lets them know that I am not going to put up with any funny crap and will probably call them out if they try pulling some crap.

There is a reason cops are a little edgy now days...they tend to get shot by badguys in the line of duty.
ANYTHING you can do to be above board puts them more at ease...as far as the bladder issues I would suggest depends.
The retired Mil ID lets them know that I am not going to put up with any funny crap and will probably call them out if they try pulling some crap.

if that floats your boat, to me it is a load of crap

If the LEO is a wanker you just ruined your own day. And having been in the military won't stop anyone from screwing with you.

You guys just love to bash
At least if you are bashing me you are not bashing someone else.
I really truly meant that I have never had a bad run in with a cop.
If you put your cards on the table they have no reason to excoriate you for your firearm.
If they choose to do so as was the case in Crestview FL a few years back to a local business owner, you simply lawyer up and file a suite that puts a hurting on the corrupt agency's pocket book.
Seems to me you guys have an ax to grind.
I am not going to apologize for the retired mil ID bit either. I earned it. It is a federally recognized for of ID and that's that.
Not every state has a duty to inform.
If you read Mr. Ayoob's writings on the matter you may just end up more informed and less hassled by the man.
just sayin...

You guys just love to bash
At least if you are bashing me you are not bashing someone else.
I really truly meant that I have never had a bad run in with a cop.
If you put your cards on the table they have no reason to excoriate you for your firearm.
If they choose to do so as was the case in Crestview FL a few years back to a local business owner, you simply lawyer up and file a suite that puts a hurting on the corrupt agency's pocket book.
Seems to me you guys have an ax to grind.
I am not going to apologize for the retired mil ID bit either. I earned it. It is a federally recognized for of ID and that's that.
Not every state has a duty to inform.
If you read Mr. Ayoob's writings on the matter you may just end up more informed and less hassled by the man.
just sayin...

Mas is a great expert on gun matters and I really don't know what he advocates regarding disclosure, but if he is saying that telling a cop that you are carrying when you are not required by law to I disagree with him. as for you, feh, keep peeing on yourself whenever you deal with authority, some people just can't deal with being in control of things

just sayin...

So it seems like what you are "just sayin" is that if law abiding citizens desire to not be hassled by "the man" then we need to cater to them and be subservient to them. We need to inform them of our legal activities and seek their approval to continue our legal activities and retain our legal possessions in order to avoid hassle from them? I'm sorry, I thought I lived in a country that still had some remote resemblance to America. Of course with people like Obama as President, and people like Ayoob and yourself who advocate catering to the police to avoid hassle when engaging in legal activity, the resemblance this country bears towards America is fading fast every day. Maybe it is time to start discussing with my wife what country we are going to retire to versus what state.

Why are we villifying the cops?
I realize that there are a lot of bad apples out there, but those apples are on both sides.
What we are truly dealing with is the downfall of humanity and civilization.

For example, when I stated my point, one of the other participants immediately went to making disparaging comments about self urination and submissive/alpha dog attitudes.

No where did I say to be subservient to the police. They work for us. If they screw the pooch they can and will be sued and or fired for trampling rights.

Believe me when I say that we need to bring civilization back to society that it is not a light statement. We are in a moral decline globally and it is only going to get worse as we de-volve

Believe me when I say that we need to bring civilization back to society that it is not a light statement.

That is exactly the problem at hand! Society is too crammed up. We have too many different classifications of people in one melting pot right now.
Every group feels as though they deserve to be treated in a certain way, while others feel encroached upon by their demands.
Everyone wants to belong, to be special.
In reality, "we", mankind, are primitive at best. Our technology outpaces our humanity. We are truly no better off than the apes in the jungles.
No one is concerned about anything outside of our immediate bubble of life. We are a waring species, nothing more, nothing less.

We are in a moral decline globally and it is only going to get worse as we de-volve

Who said we "stopped" devolving?!

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

For your sake, I hope you never do either, because at some point you will get stopped by a cop who isn't "nice".

I realize that there are a lot of bad apples out there, but those apples are on both sides.
What we are truly dealing with is the downfall of humanity and civilization.

For example, when I stated my point, one of the other participants immediately went to making disparaging comments about self urination and submissive/alpha dog attitudes.

No where did I say to be subservient to the police. They work for us. If they screw the pooch they can and will be sued and or fired for trampling rights.

Believe me when I say that we need to bring civilization back to society that it is not a light statement. We are in a moral decline globally and it is only going to get worse as we de-volve

No one is vilifying cops. Some are vilifying citizens who voluntary act like they are subjects of the state when in the presence of a cop by giving up their rights immediately as you said you do. (hence the analogy of a dog peeing on its leg, that's the subject not the cop) Never bring up any other topic at a traffic stop because it CAN go bad. Not that it will, but there are some jack booted thugs out their who need their badge polished. I've seen them. I'm in the Sheriff's Reserve Division in my county.

Conversely, why are we treating cops like a special and elite class of citizen that is entitled to be informed about our license to carry a firearm and our lawfully possessed and carried firearm that has absolutely no bearing or relevance to the reason for the stop? Why is "officer safety" more important than "convenience store clerk safety" or "taxi driver safety" or "bus driver safety"?

not treating cops as elite...
showing respect for them yes...
Most of the cops I know respect retired military and have been there themselves.
Respect is earned.
When it is given it should be returned.
Just as we as a society should show respect to others in our daily affairs but alas we do not.

Think about this...would you like to have the job of the cop who just pulled you over and already knows you are a CCW permit holder due to his in car computer?
If you show him respect hopefully it will get returned.

We had a really bad apple here in Crestview. He was the #2 cop in charge of the PD. He is now in prison because he was a jack booted thug. The business owner that filed suite against the crestview PD got enough to pay off his business loan and retire.

What happened was as follows
Business owner is test driving a car that major mechanical work was performed on.
The vehicle is pulled over and the business owner hands the officer his license and the registration for the car.
The officer sees his CCW permit in his wallet...freaks out and yanks the business owner out of the car and onto the ground for a weapon.
Car was searched...no weapon found.
The business owner lawyer'ed up and the suite was settled for policy brutality and false arrest.
This was all under the watchful eye of the man now in prison...for other thuggery and ill will.

Most of the cops I know respect retired military and have been there themselves.
Respect is earned.
Just as we as a society should show respect to others in our daily affairs but alas we do not.

Would you show the same respect to the convenience store clerk who has no idea if the person who just entered the store is there to buy coffee, rob the place, or drag them to the back to rape them? What if your gun is accidentally exposed when reaching to pay for your coffee? Would you show the same respect to the taxi cab driver who is about to have a person riding in their back whom they have no idea if they are going to get out at the hotel or put a gun to their head to rob them? Would you show the same respect to the bus driver who may be subject to assault by any one of the passengers on board?

Think about this...would you like to have the job of the cop who just pulled you over and already knows you are a CCW permit holder due to his in car computer?

If they just pulled me over and they already know I am a CCW holder, than why do I have to tell them if not required by law? They have just been informed by the state or other issuing agency that any firearm that I might possess is 99% legal for me to possess, so what difference does it make if I actually possess a firearm or not? I have been stopped many times for traffic violations. I have treated every officer with respect and politeness, and I have gotten nothing in return but politeness, respect and professionalism. I never said a word about a gun or my CPL, and neither did the officer.

Respect is earned.

We had a really bad apple here in Crestview. He was the #2 cop in charge of the PD. He is now in prison because he was a jack booted thug. The business owner that filed suite against the crestview PD got enough to pay off his business loan and retire.

What happened was as follows
Business owner is test driving a car that major mechanical work was performed on.
The vehicle is pulled over and the business owner hands the officer his license and the registration for the car.
The officer sees his CCW permit in his wallet...freaks out and yanks the business owner out of the car and onto the ground for a weapon.
Car was searched...no weapon found.
The business owner lawyer'ed up and the suite was settled for policy brutality and false arrest.
This was all under the watchful eye of the man now in prison...for other thuggery and ill will.

You know you're pissing in the wind right?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back