Different Presidents, The Marines know........

Semper Gumby

Glad I'm not AD now. Wish them the best of luck now more then ever they will need it.

I remember the Big differences between the Reagan yrs and the Clinton yrs and then the Bushes.

spot on, I don't know many AD (yes including persons of african descent) that voted for him. They all knew better

My feelings are abit stronger than "tepid". Glad I'm not active duty.

Awesome video.

I remember when Clinton was the Commander in Chief. I was stationed at Little Rock AFB and they wouldn't even land Air Force One there on his many visits to Little Rock. They would always land at the Little Rock airport. When the 1st President Bush, who I had the honor of meeting, came through Little Rock, he landed at the base.

Wasnt all Marines there. I saw several Army uniforms there...but point well made. Im no longer AD, but I work full time for the Indiana Guard. God help us all!

Definately a noteable difference in attitude given by the soldiers present. I am glad that I am not AD anymore.

That video means absolutely nothing!

If you pay attention...when Bush walks out the Marines are standing "at ease."

When Obama walks out they are standing at the "Position of Attention."

Now tell me what Marine you know is going to clap or even speak while at the POA? Thats right...NONE! It had nothing to do with who was walking out to the podium.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Carter vs. Reagan

I served under Carter and Reagan. Carter: you only did what you were required, to show respect to Office.

Reagan: you did everything you could to made sure to show respect for the Man.

Last edited:
Well put, Marine.

I served under Carter and Reagan. Carter: you only did what you were required, to show respect to Office.

Reagan: you did what you everything you could to made sure to show respect for the Man.

I do see a big difference.

That said, I also recognize that it is under "W" that many of my American liberties came under attack. The fact that Obama has redoubled the affront to my personal rights as an American Citizen does not make me pine for the second worst president in my lifetime. In fact, it took a communist bigot like Obama to push "W" out of that number one slot. :mad:

When will we all see the light; i.e., finally elect Ron Paul!:biggrin:

That video means absolutely nothing!

If you pay attention...when Bush walks out the Marines are standing "at ease."

When Obama walks out they are standing at the "Position of Attention."

Now tell me what Marine you know is going to clap or even speak while at the POA? Thats right...NONE! It had nothing to do with who was walking out to the podium.:rolleyes:

Sorry, but put down your Koolaid and take off your rose colored glasses. :wacko:
The difference in response of those Marines is very apparent.

Sorry, but put down your Koolaid and take off your rose colored glasses. :wacko:
The difference in response of those Marines is very apparent.

Are you/were you ever in the Marine Corps?

If not, then I rest my case...

Those Marines were at the Position of Attention when President Obama walked in...if you knew anything about the Marine Corps then it would be :pleasantry:apparent:pleasantry: as to why the reaction was different. I have never seen a Marine clap or cheer while standing at the Position of Attention...no matter who walks in.:thank_you2:

I was in the Corps, and you can have your case. Bush didn't force anyone to attention. Osama's handlers did. If you can't see the difference, you got more issues than most.

Deal with it.

I was in the Corps, and you can have your case. Bush didn't force anyone to attention. Osama's handlers did. If you can't see the difference, you got more issues than most.

Deal with it.

Forced??? IMO both men were Presidents of the United States at the time of recording, everyone in the room should have been at Attention for both men. Bush just decided to have a more relaxed setting, as you can tell by the way he was dressed. I have no "issues," just calling it as I see it.

Being in the Corps, You should have heard an officer's response to someone sounding "attention" when an officer (or President) enters a room....... usually "AS YOU WERE" Bush was noted for that, and I'd bet money, that's what caused the NOTICIBLE DIFFERENCE IN THE RECEPTION OF THE RESPECTIVE PRESIDENTS.

PLUS.... THE MAJORITY OF THE MILITARY REGARDLESS OF SERVICE, DOES NOT LIKE BAM-BAMN OSAMA.... AND SURPRISE, NEITHER DO I

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back