CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued...

Link Removed

Link Removed

Count A: AGGRAVATED MENACING M1 2903-21 ORCN
Disposition: 11/14/2011 330 CHARGE DISMISSED

Wow, those are some scary looking mugshots on that page!

I'm waiting to see if anyone that said his story was made up is going to apologize.

I do think the OP was too flippant in drawing his weapon. But what it really does is show the responsibility that we take upon ourselves when we choose to carry. You can have all the training in the world but it will all come down to a split second judgment that will have severe consequences.

I don't see the need to apologize, as it won't serve any purpose. 1) The OP didn't supply the info, it was dug up by other forum users. 2) OP is still an idiot and makes life exponentially difficult for law abiding gun owners.

It's only a matter of time before the OP finds himself in trouble with the law again. Knowledge Skills and ATTITUDE are the basis of NRA courses. Of the 3, ATTITUDE is the most important, and unfortunately cannot be taught in any of our classes. Until this man fixes his attitude, it's only a matter of time before he ends up in trouble again.

Maybe I am missing something. I am 59 yrs old, Never carried a firearm until I suffered a heart attack and cannot retreat if someone attacks or robs me. I only got my ccw permit because I carry large amounts of cash due to my buisness. In all my years of hanging out in NYC in less than desirable areas through my youth, riding harleys and being around fellow riders going back to the early 70s when it wasn't a fashion statement, I have never been in a situation where I would have to legally draw, let alone, use my firearm. I am not 6ft plus tall, don't have a black belt and haven't backed down from any hand to hand encounter. My opinion is you are on here trying to have other people justify your improper handling of this situation. You and your friend out-numbered him and you use a lame excuse that he cound be a mma fighter or some other rediculous reason. My opinion is you are a young, immature person with a gun on his way to a very bad encounter sooner rather than later. You better keep your lawyers phone number handy because you are going to need it. And man-up. If you can't spend 12 hrs in jail without wanting to off yourself wait till you spend a couple years or more on a bad shoot. Keep a separate bail bank account handy. Good luck, you are going to need it.

Where the story comes apart in my mind is where you contend to be a martial artist of fair talent.... yet you claim that you didn't want to "mix it up" with him because you didn't know his skill level. Given the first paragraph's observation, I don't see that you had the choice.

Further, I too WAS a martial artist in my heyday and there is ONE thing I could guarantee without condition... Until I was around 45 or so, I had every confidence in my skills to the point where I could be assured that NO ONE could land a first punch/kick/whatever knock out blow on me when I had had the time to know the BG was "serious" about his "threats".

Considering your "coup counts" you offer us and age, I wonder why your confidence shouldn't be at or near the same level?

GG

I was thinking this as well. I've known a few trained fighters in my time and they all had one thing in common - complete confidence in their ability to neutralize a single, unarmed opponent. I thought it strange that the OPer, with all his self-professed skill, would even consider pulling a gun in that situation.

I have waited to post until I felt the situation was as developed as it was likely to get. Others have responded regarding your firearm tactics and I need not add to that body of work. However, you have not mentioned how much or what kind of martial arts training you have received but from what you have said I would advise you to seek a better instructor and probably a more combat oriented art.

You seem to be overly in awe of MMA style sport fighting and one-punch knockouts. This tells me you don't understand the mechanics and philosophy of fighting. That may not be your fault; so, learn this well Grasshopper: MMA sport fighting has very little to do with a real fight; those guys aren’t fighting-it's a sport. Self-defense isn't about knocking out your opponent. Yes you can do that but why bother when there are so many other ways that are easier, faster, and take less energy to accomplish. It’s also not about getting into a fighting stance and trying to get through his defenses. It is about making HIM attack YOU. Why? Aside from wanting to avoid Mutual Combat, the initial attacker is generally at a disadvantage and the holder of a black belt should be able to take advantage of that fact-especially if it's only one antagonist. I realize you never know who knows what but it really doesn't matter. If they are stupid enough to attack they put themselves at risk and it is your job to take advantage of those openings. It's about making him physically or mentally unable to hurt you. You can make him change his mind (pain compliance; temporary disability to breathe, etc.) or you can make it so he is physically unable (breaking the knee, etc., up to and including death).

A little research will show you the veracity of my comments. I hope you’ll take them to heart.

Good luck.

Good thing the "aggressor" didn't feel his life was threatened and shoot you in self defense. I'm 24 and have been carrying since july, and have very little training in self defense, and even I think you handled this completely the wrong way. I'm not a black belt either so what do I know?

I don't see the need to apologize, as it won't serve any purpose. 1) The OP didn't supply the info, it was dug up by other forum users. 2) OP is still an idiot and makes life exponentially difficult for law abiding gun owners.

It's only a matter of time before the OP finds himself in trouble with the law again. Knowledge Skills and ATTITUDE are the basis of NRA courses. Of the 3, ATTITUDE is the most important, and unfortunately cannot be taught in any of our classes. Until this man fixes his attitude, it's only a matter of time before he ends up in trouble again.

Here is the purpose for an apology.
Please cancel my subscription, I don't want any more of your issues! I'm calling BS on your story. If it's legit, post a case number so we can check it out. Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do.

You and several other called this guy a liar. It doesn't matter who found the case. He was telling at least some of the truth. It doesn't matter if he is an idiot or not, the proof is in the mugshot.

Here is the purpose for an apology.

You and several other called this guy a liar. It doesn't matter who found the case. He was telling at least some of the truth. It doesn't matter if he is an idiot or not, the proof is in the mugshot.

Exactly what will an apology accomplish?

Ok, I'll apologize to the kid. On the other hand I feel the way he told it came across as BS. In that respect he shares some of the blame. And from where I sit he should be apologizing to all carriers for doing us a disservice.

It also looks like you past defensive situations as you called them involved partying and drinking. Maybe start hanging out at different places to avoid such incidents?

Ok, I'll apologize to the kid. On the other hand I feel the way he told it came across as BS. In that respect he shares some of the blame. And from where I sit he should be apologizing to all carriers for doing us a disservice.

I was hoping and praying that the kid was actually full of crap. At this point however, it appears that he's less intelligent than a "Pet Rock". :mad:

I will say this though, Thank you Miles Ihrig for screwing the law abiding gun owners of America. I do ask that if you choose to do so again in the future that you please kiss us first!

One form of material arts means nothing. Being a black belt in America for the majority means nothing. Why do you think mma fighters train 3-4 styles of fighting? Because there is always a form that will beat another, there's always a fighter that's better than you.

The best fighter I know personally was an olympic grade wrestler for Oregon state university.. When it comes to submission fighting he can break both your arms before you could figure out which way was up. He would play with the 300 pound roommates in our Co op during our fight nights at the local fight gym. How big was he? 5'5" 150 lbs. Know what he still does? Carries a gun because he knows there are better fighters out there than him. If he can't get his opponent on the ground his skill set and training are useless. The OP trains in tae kwan do, his fighting style is the opposite. He needs to stay off the ground and keep distance to employ his skill set.

Those that are speaking for all the law abiding carriers, please stop and speak for yourselves. You do not represent me, or a lot of the members on this forum. I will not accept an apology from someone who had to draw his gun because someone else was threatening him and charging.

I have read both threads, and have come to the following conclusions:

A majority of the people on here have NO CLUE what the real world is like, period...... All they have to base any of their opinions on is what they have read, or have been taught, it is NOT based on ANY real-world experience...

Giving all us gun owners a bad name? Oh come on..... get off this total bullcrap and get a clue.... What YOU or anyone else does has NO BEARING on someone else unless they allow it to, it is the same as blaming someone who locked his keys in his car 3 states away as being the reason you locked yours in your car in the driveway...

Those that keep saying that "brandishing" (oh, such a "scary" little word to most of you) is against the "law"..... the OP has stated MULTIPLE times that in his State, it is NOT against the law.... You might try to read the words that are actually in the posts BEFORE you spout off your ignorance.....

Those that are giving him a hard time saying he wasnt in danger... WERE YOU THERE? Were YOU the one that had a guy in bad breath distance THREATENING YOU??? I didnt think so.... Most of you here said he was wrong, yet he is alive, not in the hospital, the morgue or in jail.... hmmmmm, I wonder why?

Telling him he should get in his car and leave???????
Give us all a break and ACTUALLY READ THE POSTS BEFORE RESPONDING!!!!!
He stated (again, MULTIPLE TIMES) that his vehicle was boxed in!!!!!

I swear some of you arm-chair-ninjas really should take a break and get off your behinds and go out in public sometime and actually experience life BEFORE giving advice about it.....

Some things to think about:
If the OP had taken out a tire-iron and beat the hell out of the guy, you all would still have condemned him..... and the bad guy would be dead, or in the hospital.... and the OP in jail..... Substitute a myriad of other weapons for the tire-iron.... and just let your mind wrap around the fact that most punks on the street arent afraid of anything like that crap... BUT they do have at least a little fear of getting shot.... So, it just might be (say it isnt so...) that the OP did the correct thing in this situation, and no-one is in jail or dead, wow, how terrible is that? everyone is still alive and maybe a little wiser now.....

I have read both threads, and have come to the following conclusions:

A majority of the people on here have NO CLUE what the real world is like, period...... All they have to base any of their opinions on is what they have read, or have been taught, it is NOT based on ANY real-world experience...

Giving all us gun owners a bad name? Oh come on..... get off this total bullcrap and get a clue.... What YOU or anyone else does has NO BEARING on someone else unless they allow it to, it is the same as blaming someone who locked his keys in his car 3 states away as being the reason you locked yours in your car in the driveway...

Those that keep saying that "brandishing" (oh, such a "scary" little word to most of you) is against the "law"..... the OP has stated MULTIPLE times that in his State, it is NOT against the law.... You might try to read the words that are actually in the posts BEFORE you spout off your ignorance.....

Those that are giving him a hard time saying he wasnt in danger... WERE YOU THERE? Were YOU the one that had a guy in bad breath distance THREATENING YOU??? I didnt think so.... Most of you here said he was wrong, yet he is alive, not in the hospital, the morgue or in jail.... hmmmmm, I wonder why?

Telling him he should get in his car and leave???????
Give us all a break and ACTUALLY READ THE POSTS BEFORE RESPONDING!!!!!
He stated (again, MULTIPLE TIMES) that his vehicle was boxed in!!!!!

I swear some of you arm-chair-ninjas really should take a break and get off your behinds and go out in public sometime and actually experience life BEFORE giving advice about it.....

Some things to think about:
If the OP had taken out a tire-iron and beat the hell out of the guy, you all would still have condemned him..... and the bad guy would be dead, or in the hospital.... and the OP in jail..... Substitute a myriad of other weapons for the tire-iron.... and just let your mind wrap around the fact that most punks on the street arent afraid of anything like that crap... BUT they do have at least a little fear of getting shot.... So, it just might be (say it isnt so...) that the OP did the correct thing in this situation, and no-one is in jail or dead, wow, how terrible is that? everyone is still alive and maybe a little wiser now.....

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about you on the evening news in the near future. Folks like you simply go out looking for trouble. Look hard enough, and eventually you'll find it.

Good luck!

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about you on the evening news in the near future. Folks like you simply go out looking for trouble. Look hard enough, and eventually you'll find it.

Good luck!

Please, oh so enlightened one, explain what "Those like you" means, because you have no frikking clue who I am, or what I am like.....

Or perhaps you just have no clue what you are saying, That is an entirely possible thing from reading your posts.... Have you ever seen the true facts about how many times in an average year that firearms are used in self defense and are not even fired????

Here is a clue for your little brain.... it is in the MILLIONS! Maybe you were including me in those figures? but you would be INCORRECT in one aspect though.... of those MILLIONS of incidents each yr, it almost NEVER gets reported on the evening news, like you suggested it would be......

A BG with a weapon in hand is justifiably reasonable assurance that your life is in danger and warrants a draw, warning and rounds fired. Much more different than a BG full of BS, puffed out chest and verbal threats. You're comparing apples to thumbtacks in your justification that the OP did the right thing.

I was hoping and praying that the kid was actually full of crap. At this point however, it appears that he's less intelligent than a "Pet Rock". :mad:

I will say this though, Thank you Miles Ihrig for screwing the law abiding gun owners of America. I do ask that if you choose to do so again in the future that you please kiss us first!

I agree completely with this comment. Also, I felt that Agent Green was totally justified in thinking that this was BS. The mere fact that he was incarcerated for "aggravated brandishing" in no way validates his hyperbolic story. The charge was dismissed so nobody but Miles and the presumptive assailants know the full story. I do agree with what has been said about this guy probably being dangerous. I do know from his phraseology and spelling and the text of his posts that he's an intellectual midget walking around with a gun. Definitely a potentially dangerous situation. Although I disagree with his cocksure arrogant style and espoused reckless behavior; this is America and he has his First Amendment rights as well as those conferred by the Second Amendment. My advice to all on this forum, with I like and respect (along with Luke its Administrator), is to simply disregard this guy and end this thread. He's indeed doing a disservice to the majority of us CCW holders.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back