CCW Incident (Input Please) Continued...

A threat made from a person to another is nothing other than bravado and certainly doesn't warrant drawing your weapon. A person threatening you and walking your way, is an intimidation act and not a direct threat on your life. If that person is walking your way, threatening you and has a weapon or states they have a weapon - knife, axe handle, baseball bat, etc....that warrants a retreat (if your state law indicates that is part of defend able escalation of force) or a draw and show with warning. If you can't retreat or after a draw, show and warning the offender is not reacting positively and you are now in fear of your life or a loved ones life - then you are obliged to stop the threat with reasonable force.

IMO - you effed up! Take responsibility for your poor handling of the situation, learn from it and don't replicate it.

You live in a fantasy world. Like I said before I'm not trying to be a troll, I'm just bewildered at your take on things. You somehow bring this all on yourself. Like someone else said most people out of high school never have an issue, you've had 5 by 23. Like I said before I've lived in bad areas too but everyone wasn't a trained ninja assassin chasing helpless victims around before calling the cops on the people they were chasing. My honest, I'm not trying to be a jerk off opinion...leave your gun at home. You will end up doing life in jail

^ This.

I don't know how this kid (and he is a kid, it shows in a big way) can write most of this stuff with a straight face. He has far too much ego invested in that gun. Far too much ego period. For being a self claimed tough guy who can't handle a few hours in jail he'd better think hard about how on course he is to needlessly killing someone. He's a dangerous person.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/10b2ZTYmmWA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

what can happen with one punch

just saw this on another topic... this is what can happen when your facing an unknown attacker that hits you with one punch... then what do you do?

i am 23 years old... live in a part of town that is fastly going down hill... even the nice parts of town there are still some bad people there and they always start trouble..

self defense i dont mean i pulled out my gun, but had to phyiscally defend myself or friends against mulitple or armed attackers

I'm 43 years old. I live in a section of Metro Boston that's loaded with illegal aliens from Brazil, junkies, tons of social service facilities, and boat loads of criminals in general. There's the good side of the tracks in town and there's the bad side. Roger Clemens lived on the good side of my town when he played for the Sox but if you venture into the other zip code in town you'd better be careful. I live in between. I go all over town and I haven't had to fight since I was 16 and that was kid stuff BS. At the risk of sounding like "that guy" it seems to me like you have to be doing something wrong.

A threat made from a person to another is nothing other than bravado and certainly doesn't warrant drawing your weapon. A person threatening you and walking your way, is an intimidation act and not a direct threat on your life. If that person is walking your way, threatening you and has a weapon or states they have a weapon - knife, axe handle, baseball bat, etc....that warrants a retreat (if your state law indicates that is part of defend able escalation of force) or a draw and show with warning. If you can't retreat or after a draw, show and warning the offender is not reacting positively and you are now in fear of your life or a loved ones life - then you are obliged to stop the threat with reasonable force.

IMO - you effed up! Take responsibility for your poor handling of the situation, learn from it and don't replicate it.

this person made threats that he was going to hurt me, then "backed up his words" and charged at me to attack me.. he blocked in my truck, preventing me from escaping.. he had one intentino and that was to attack me and i wasnt going to let it happen.. you can see in the video that i just posted of what an UNARMED attacker can do you you...

I'm 43 years old. I live in a section of Metro Boston that's loaded with illegal aliens from Brazil, junkies, tons of social service facilities, and boat loads of criminals in general. There's the good side of the tracks in town and there's the bad side. Roger Clemens lived on the good side of my town when he played for the Sox but if you venture into the other zip code in town you'd better be careful. I live in between. I go all over town and I haven't had to fight since I was 16 and that was kid stuff BS. At the risk of sounding like "that guy" it seems to me like you have to be doing something wrong.

i was speaking to my friend as the driver was slowing creeping by in a truck with tinted windows... as a part of my sitautional awareness training, my mind was focused on his truck as he drove by... i did not see the driver as his windows were tinted but i was talking to my friend as i looked at his truck... he then got out of the truck uelling what the **** did you say to me... i guess the thug thought i said something bad about him... at that point a polietly, cool and calmy told the guy nobody said anything to you bud... nobody here is looking to fight

I have to agree with agent green. I grew up in that dangerous neighborhood in Boston. I’ve been shot, stabbed, hit by a car being used as a weapon, bats , golf clubs, fists, outnumbered and no martial arts training. NOT ONCE did I ever back down or run away. I stood my ground. I never cared what the other guy could do or what he had for a weapon. I’ve taken some really bad beatings and given my share as well. I never called the cops and if they showed up I got lost so they never knew who I was and so never had a “rap sheet”. I’m 60 now and carry a Ruger LCP 380 but I’d still snap off a car antenna and beat an attacker half to death before pulling my gun because if I pull it I’m using it not hiding behind it with just a threat. You’re very lucky that it only cost you a few bucks.

Ok, lots of martial arts training. Ok, lots of martial arts training. ...did i mention the martial arts training?

You've had five opportunities to serve up some self defense. What am I doing wrong with never having to have done so in 52 years? I'm a nice guy, why doesn't anyone wanna kick my $$? Was it something I didn't say? An attitude I did NOT return to some mouthy dude? Did I NOT give a macho "glare" to the right guy from my car? Was it that I just kept too much to myself? Why not me?

just saw this on another topic... this is what can happen when your facing an unknown attacker that hits you with one punch... then what do you do?[/QUOTE]
I don't stand there waiting to get hit in the first place.

You live in a fantasy world. Like I said before I'm not trying to be a troll, I'm just bewildered at your take on things. You somehow bring this all on yourself. Like someone else said most people out of high school never have an issue, you've had 5 by 23. Like I said before I've lived in bad areas too but everyone wasn't a trained ninja assassin chasing helpless victims around before calling the cops on the people they were chasing. My honest, I'm not trying to be a jerk off opinion...leave your gun at home. You will end up doing life in jail

1) situation, a bar owner (friend of the family, 52 year old man very nice) was kicking 5 punks out of his bar who was stealing beer and they attacked him... i stepped in and told them to leave, they then attacked me... 4 one 1... luckly i came out on top

2)a few gang members were in a nice bar down the street from my house... why they were there idk... while walking to my truck outside in the parking lot a fight was breaking out, the leader of the fight saw me and wanted to fight me... one of the bartenders got in between us telling me you dont know who he or his family is... i told her im a black belt, its best if you go call the police... the gang member then went to his car, and came back towards me and pulled a knife at the last minute. I was drinking so did not have my sidearm but was armed with pepper spray in my left hand and a kabar tdi on my right side... luckly for either of us, his friend pulled him back at the last minute, got him in the car and drove off

3) Cincinnati has downtown fireworks everyyear for labor day... we were at a hotel party and myself, 2 friends, and one of there girlfriends was leaving... while walking outside a group of 9 "homboys" was outside and bumped into my friend... then they pushed him on the ground and the 9 of them began to attaack the 3 of us... thanks to there 2 MMA training and my taekwondo training, we were able to fight them off

4) I was at a college house party, prior CCW... somebody who was there was drunk and beligernt and began pushing me telling me to leave... i said thats fine man im out of here... called over for my two buddies jake and shawn.. said saddle up its time to go... NOW!!!... the man kept pushing me... i told him your not going to hit me again... as he went to hit me i swept his leg and put him on the ground... a manuever that didnt cause any permant injury but allowed me time to retreat to my truck and drive off... on the way to the truck 3 of his friends came at me throwing punches... i was armed with pepper spray that night that stopped 3 of them...

5) Pre CCW, i was 17 years old, still living at home, and my mom was being attacked by another woman... i ran over to pull her back into the yard adn get her away from the attack... while pulling her, the other womans 22 year old son, hit me in the head with one punch, busting it open requiring stitches and a severe concusion.

the truth is is that cincinnati is a rough place to live and its only getting worse...people around here dont believe in calling the police but settling things my fighting... some of my previous friends are guilty of it as well as having a short temper.. i know longer hang with them becauase of it... but i have 8 grand in credit card and loan debit, and now 3 more for a lawyer.. im trying to save up for a house outside of the cincinnati city limit but for now i make the best of what i have and work as much as i can to get out of this city.

Im not a tough guy one bit... i dont try to be and yes i was scared to death during my 25 hours in jail... I thought the people in my neighborhood was bad... the people down in lock up are 5 times worse... talking about putting money on peoples head, and raping bitches, and cutting people up... it was scary...i stay out of there neighborhoods... but thats exactly why you need to have the right to defend yourself

Sigh. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see. If you were going to staunchly defend this blatant error in judgment why ask for input in two different threads?

You give all learned and thoughtful carriers a bad name. Like the licensee who shot a highway patrolman yesterday in California. Or this guy:

Link Removed

I'm sorry to be harsh with you but these kinds of things can effect not only your life but all our rights in the future. You needs to wise up before it's too late.

just saw this on another topic... this is what can happen when your facing an unknown attacker that hits you with one punch... then what do you do?
I don't stand there waiting to get hit in the first place.[/QUOTE]

martial artist train 3 days a week, 2 hours a day, in an as much as possible realistic self defense training as possible... truth is nothing is as real as the real thing... these people that attack you have far more real life expereience training then you do... 4 out of 5 times ive walked away... one time i was sent to the hospital from facing on attacker...

you dont know how strong, fast, or hard this guys punch is until its delievered.. by then, as shown in the video, it could be do late then your left defenseless

I don't stand there waiting to get hit in the first place.[/QUOTE]

martial artist train 3 days a week, 2 hours a day, in an as much as possible realistic self defense training as possible... truth is nothing is as real as the real thing... these people that attack you have far more real life expereience training then you do... 4 out of 5 times ive walked away... one time i was sent to the hospital from facing on attacker...

you dont know how strong, fast, or hard this guys punch is until its delievered.. by then, as shown in the video, it could be do late then your left defenseless

im not asking for an input... people wanted to know the outcome of the court case and i gave it to them... but all of you still continue to put your opinion in on the subject

Wtf is wrong with you? Of course people continue to give feedback. Because what you did was wrong! You're barely an adult carrying upon your person the power of life and death! Grow up and get better training! There's no calling that bullet back after its left the barrel!

Please cancel my subscription, I don't want any more of your issues! I'm calling BS on your story. If it's legit, post a case number so we can check it out. Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do.

Carrying a firearm is a serious responsibility. Drawing down on someone is serious business, not something to be taken lightly. YOU acted like a thug in this case. YOU could have easily returned to the store, or simply walked off to some other location to find help. YOU AND your buddy outnumbered the guy. If your buddy's pregnant fiance and sister were there as you state, then why didn't they call 911. I sincerely hope she's not as dumb as you are otherwise her baby is doomed.

If you're gonna peddle, BS, at least have the courtesy to make it sound believable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back