Carry in church vs. church culture

+1. If the gun is concealed and one does not go around telling eveyone in the church that he or she has a gun then no one would know and there will be no way that it could or would disrupt others worship. My firearm is a non issue in regard with others ability to worship. It may however mean that they stay alive to worship next week.

Right - this needs to be my approach. Also, I want folks to know think through whether a Christian has the right (absolutely) to bear arms and what our responsibility is to protect ourselves and those we care for.

Thanks!

Just as an aside - I am a new forum member and this is my first posting - I greatly appreciate the candid thoughts and wisdom. I am looking forward to learning much here!

I think a couple of posters need to remember the rules here as follows:

Keep all religion discussions in this forum. Due to the many different views, please refrain from ALL FIGHTING, BICKERING, and INSTIGATING. Anyone breaking these rules will be banned.

There are two instigators here. If you don't want to add to the discussion then please stay away.

I think a couple of posters need to remember the rules here as follows:

Keep all religion discussions in this forum. Due to the many different views, please refrain from ALL FIGHTING, BICKERING, and INSTIGATING. Anyone breaking these rules will be banned.

There are two instigators here. If you don't want to add to the discussion then please stay away.

+1.

I beg to differ,ignorance can be overcome with education. Arrogance is an attitude that is derived from a lack of compassion and openness in understanding. An attitude of superiority due to a lack of ones ability to adequately communicate with others. Just my humble opinion.

Its a nice sentiment... in reality once you are past a certain age, you can't change who you are...

No matter how much feel good kumbaya education/training somebody tries to inundate them with...

May be where the saying you can't trust anybody under 30 came from...

I agree ignorance can be overcome. As a matter of fact Will Rogers once made the statement, "Everyone is ignorant only on different subjects". However to overcome ignorance one must first admit he or she is ignorant and then be willing to take steps to correct it.

Will Rogers also said he never met a man he didn't like...

Will Rogers never met HARRY REID...

Link Removed

Met-Harry-Reid.jpg

A good friend (Christian) and I (Christian) were having this same basic discussion a few weeks back after I had been reading about the shockingly rapid growth in church shooting in the U.S.

Know the even the disciples themselves, the very ones that were traveling along with Christ, were armed. Don't believe it? Read Luke 22:49 NIV. I don't like pulling bit from scripture but this is the heart of this particular topic.

Personally, I ALWAYS carry in and out of the church. Concealed means CONCEALED! No need to advertise the fact or scare the Sheeple among the sheep. *LOL*:sarcastic:

CHurch Carry

Not going to church may be an option for some, but it's a non-negotiable for me.
Here in Texas, CC in a place of worship is, technically, not allowed, but there has to be a legal sign (Tx 30.06) posted. No sign means you can carry. My church has no such sign. In fact, our pastor brags about having the safest church in the Dallas area. :biggrin: There are at lease 8-10 men that carry, and I know of a couple of women as well. In the words of Mr T., "I pity the fool who comes here looking for trouble." They might just find it
Jesus tells His disciples to be wise as serpents, but gentle as doves. Concealed means just that; nobody knows you carry, but it would be unwise in this day and age to ignore the troubled world around us. Much of that trouble is aimed at Christians and churches are the most visible representation of Christianity.

Last edited:
Not going to church may be an option for some, but it's a non-negotiable for me.
Here in Texas, CC in a place of worship is, technically, not allowed, but there has to be a legal sign (Tx 30.06) posted. No sign means you can carry. My church has no such sign. In fact, our pastor brags about having the safest church in the Dallas area. :biggrin: There are at lease 8-10 men that carry, and I know of a couple of women as well. In the words of Mr T., "I pity the fool who comes here looking for trouble." They might just find it
Jesus tells His disciples to be wise as serpents, but gentle as doves. Concealed means just that; nobody knows you carry, but it would be unwise in this day and age to ignore the troubled world around us. Much of that trouble is aimed at Christians and churches are the most visible representation of Christianity.

Same in our church here in Fort Worth. Most of the staff is armed, I know of a number in the choir and a lot in the seats, It is a good size church so I would not be surprised if there were 100 or more armed during the average service.

Ezekiel 25:17
The movie takes quite a bit of license with the verse..
Here is what the verse actually says...

"Ezekiel 25:17 (New International Version)

I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them.' "

Note: " in my wrath" - when I take Vengeance...

The "my" in: in my wrath, and the "I" -take vengeance - is THE LORD, not any individual..

Lets remember Romans 12:19 It is not OUR place to extract vengeance, but it is the Lords prerogative...

Ezekiel 25:17 (King James Version)

17... And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Jules: There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. I never game much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinkin': maybe it means you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. And I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

Pulp Fiction (1994) - Memorable quotes

Going with your 1st thought ..
Sheep..
All Sheep need a shepherds because they are defenseless animals. Just consider me, and others like me, as Shepherds. We are their to protect our selves and in turn, under some circumstances, to protect others in the process...
Where I live, even if it were legal, I would NOT open carry in Church, as it might cause people to be distracted from the purpose of being their (the worship of God), and I do my best to never distract others in church... However. I have NO issue with Carrying concealed in a church.. Nobody knows, (IF nobody knows but me, my wife and God, then I do not believe it is disrespectful) and I'm much more protected, and others might benefit one day from me being their.. Just consider me a Fire Extinguisher.. Just waiting in the wings, for an opportunity that I hope NEVER comes..
I coul not have put it better brother ! I love the way you think ! God Bless !

I guess I'm blessed. When I first started teaching CCDW, my Pastor was the first to sign up and complete the training. ;-) I carry both concealed and open there. Praise God for that freedom.

I guess I'm blessed. When I first started teaching CCDW, my Pastor was the first to sign up and complete the training. ;-) I carry both concealed and open there. Praise God for that freedom.

That is actually the approach that I am taking. We have a lot of hunters, military and law enforcement, but folks are confused about the law, believe the gun myths they have heard, and are asking questions. I am approaching my church with the offer to do some NRA First Steps, Basic Pistol and CCW classes. Education is always a good beginning!

Think I may have posted it here before but the Southern Baptist Convention just passed a resolution officially allowing CCP holders to carry in church concealed. At a Deacon's mtg. recently the delegate told us about the ruling. I chuckled and told them I had been carrying for ten years concealed and no one knew it. "Guns are for "go", not show".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back