Calling ALL CHRISTIANS...

My apologies CW&M, yes I am aware that both branches of Congress need to vote for his impeachment: a majority in the House and 2/3 in the Senate. But "we the people" can urge our Congress to pass said votes. So if it weren't for apathy, I think Congress would be forced to recognize a proposed impeachment process if hundreds of millions of people demanded it.

I will not answer your earlier questions about the bible. I will allow others to do so as I am, as stated, neither a strong believer or anything like that. I am sure your questions were open to everyone so I can let another answer.

On the above statement regarding impeachment, let me be clear. I cannot stand what is happening to our country and did not vote for the current admin. I am sure you are speaking emotionally when you say that we could demand impeachment, but we cannot. It is clearly outlined in the constitution as " treason, bribery,high crimes and misdemeanors" and while I think what he is doing is immoral, it is not impeachable. Just speaking logically.

Being an awful, awful pres is not enough.

Midnight, your thoughts are worthy but fruitless. When will you learn that religion and abortion is not worth your time? Ask al gore he invented the internet and Global warming.

My apologies CW&M, yes I am aware that both branches of Congress need to vote for his impeachment: a majority in the House and 2/3 in the Senate. But "we the people" can urge our Congress to pass said votes. So if it weren't for apathy, I think Congress would be forced to recognize a proposed impeachment process if hundreds of millions of people demanded it.

Midnight, you have so much to learn. As I referenced in a prior post, Congress is comprised of two houses... Source: Link Removed "The United States House of Representatives is the lower house of the bicameral United States Congress, the upper house being the United States Senate."

We do have three branches of government: The Executive Branch, The Legislative Branch and The Judicial Branch. For further information: Link Removed

Guess we're never too old to learn something new...and I include myself in that statement! :biggrin:

Midnight you must have had something very troubling in your life to be so cynical about Faith. I can only hope for you to have peace in your mind and forgiveness for those that have hurt you so much.
Peace be with you in this scary world.

Midnight you must have had something very troubling in your life to be so cynical about Faith. I can only hope for you to have peace in your mind and forgiveness for those that have hurt you so much.
Peace be with you in this scary world.

How did you know? You're right. I'm very bitter about what it's done to me. I was raised Catholic, and all the boys in my youth group would go on a trip every summer. Well one summer, we were at the beach when one of the church elders asked me to accompany him into his hotel room with him. He asked me if I believed in God. I said yes. Then he asked me if I would do anything for God. I said yes. He asked if I had unfettered faith for God. I said yes. This is when he asked me to put a bandanna around my eyes and to start stripping my clothes. When I asked him why, he said I should just have faith. I was raped that night, all in the name of God.

So yes, I know what it means to have faith in something that promises "unconditional love."

Actually, I'm just messing with you. Hail Satan!

I've seen some pretty silly arguments here, from several sides of some issue (it seems to be bobbing and weaving). Faith is called faith because it is not entirely dependent upon rationality. That does not mean that rationality is no part of the equation, but people come to faith in different manners.

I don't mind people questioning faith. I don't mind rational discourse. Emotional and personal attacks qualify as neither.

That week thing is well known to be a week of Gods time not ours,

Sheldon, that "week" thing is in relation to God creating the heavens & the earth. God clearly tells us that there was "evening" and there was "morning" (24 hrs) every day for six days, He rested on the seventh day. Seven days= one week, our time.

I've seen some pretty silly arguments here, from several sides of some issue (it seems to be bobbing and weaving). Faith is called faith because it is not entirely dependent upon rationality. That does not mean that rationality is no part of the equation, but people come to faith in different manners.

I don't mind people questioning faith. I don't mind rational discourse. Emotional and personal attacks qualify as neither.

Hebrews 11:1 says.."Now faith is the reality of things being hoped for, the proof of things not being seen".

Yes, I need a reality check.

You believe in a book that says an invisible man in the sky created the world in a week. That the invisible man flooded it and put two of every animal on a boat. That he gave a man the power to split the sea in two. That he told the Jews to unapologetically slay their enemies, and then he makes a complete 180 a thousand years later and tells everyone to turn the other cheek and love one another. That he says he loves all of us and then allows evil and suffering to exist in the world. That he somehow is omnipotent and knows our thoughts and future thoughts, yet he for some reason insists on us praying to him. And that he magically manifested himself into a man in order to save us from a fiery realm he could easily destroy in an instant if he so wished.

And I don't believe in fairy tales.

Yes, I need a reality check.

He doesnt believe in our "invisible man in the sky" but has no problem believing in the dark one (who happens to be a invisible man in hell)

Hypocrite?
Pathological liar??
BOTH?!?!?

I had not put you on ignore yet because some small part of me thought you were being genuine with your "I have real questions, I am just trying to make sense of this" I thought your attitude was breed of ignorance. But no more, as I said in another thread... Despicable!

Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me

Please reel it in, Guys. You're playing right into his hands and reacting exactly like he wants you to! Don't counter attack...just ignore! Our invisible God can fight His own battles! :biggrin:

You do realize that the world being flooded over happened millions of years before man ever existed, right? And the whole "weeks in God's time" is a bad argument since time is a manmade creation of measurement and God is supposed to be unconstrained by the dynamics of our universe. (Think about it. Do you really have a schedule if you transcend time and space and have no beginning and have no end?).

You need to read world history a tad bit closer, the great flood was more recent than a million years, and multiple scientist speculate it has something to do with the world tilt angle which use to be at 0 degrees WRT the sun. Popular theory holds a huge meteor impact in the ocean caused the tilt, of I believe 15 degrees and eventually it stabilized at the the present angle, and the oceans sloshed all over the planet. Further this date is much more recent time within the last 30-40,000 years, this time is at present a estimate only.

The passage of Time is not a fixed unit, set 2 precision clocks on earth, send one into orbit for any extended period, bring it back and there will be a significant difference between the two. So if we can prove and NASA has that passage of time is not fixed, and is in accordance to your location...

That Scientist have stated (ever watch NOVA or Discovery) that multiple dimensions exist outside our reality...

So then just why is it so hard to speculate that God exists in a realm that is outside our normal time continuum?

And then there are some people who never asked to be born. Some people are born to crack prostitute mothers and grow up on the streets starving and afraid. Children grow up having to sell their bodies just to stay alive while your typical overweight WASP family goes into a giant church in suburbia to sing praises and hand over tons of money to maintain this dwelling that could be put to better use.

No, I don't think God deserves praise if he allows even one child to go through this kind of existence while others live in luxury who have probably never worked for their living.

So you are saying someone who is not conceived to a Ozzie and Harriet home should never been born, that God should just kill them outright to save them the grief of being alive in a not ideal world.
Life is what you make of it, nothing is just freely handed to you,( that is unless you are a democrat and expect free stuff for nothing). Again it's the free will thing that steps in here, so the mother accepted evil, that may or may not be the kids path in life through strength of character they could become anything they want, but it is their choice not hers.

True story time again, there is this kid that I accept like a son born of to a cousin that married low life white trash. He was raised in the give me free stuff, and why work when I can get free stuff environment. His life was miserable, wore out cloths n shoes, hungry most of the time so dad could drink and chain smoke, dirty, squalid home, stank like cat piss real bad, to the point it made my eyes watter any time I went there, terrible schools with drug dealers, high crime, street gangs, and not inspired teachers who just passed the kids to get them out of the way.....
I would on occasion take him under my wing as a young child and show him the other side of the coin, kind of like the 'Big Brothers (one outstanding group) association" it was only a few times a year she would let me do this but I persisted.....

When he turned 18 he had two paths to chose...

1. stay home, join a gang sell dope,and become White trash....

2. Get out of dodge, go make something of his life....

He chose NO 2, through strength of character he joined the army,(much to his mother chagrin) became a lifer, is a Sargent is stationed in Iraq (3rd tour there) now, has saved many lives in service to his country, and will be retiring in about a year. So you are saying although he never chose to be born, lived in misery as a child, God should have just out and killed him.... Real bad thought process that.....

True story time again, there is this kid that I accept like a son born of to a cousin that married low life white trash. He was raised in the give me free stuff, and why work when I can get free stuff environment. His life was miserable, wore out cloths n shoes, hungry most of the time so dad could drink and chain smoke, dirty, squalid home, stank like cat piss real bad, to the point it made my eyes watter any time I went there, terrible schools with drug dealers, high crime, street gangs, and not inspired teachers who just passed the kids to get them out of the way.....
I would on occasion take him under my wing as a young child and show him the other side of the coin, kind of like the 'Big Brothers (one outstanding group) association" it was only a few times a year she would let me do this but I persisted.....

He chose NO 2, through strength of character he joined the army,(much to his mother chagrin) became a lifer, is a Sargent is stationed in Iraq (3rd tour there) now, has saved many lives in service to his country, and will be retiring in about a year. So you are saying although he never chose to be born, lived in misery as a child, God should have just out and killed him.... Real bad thought process that.....

Heartwarming story, Sheldon. Please tell your nephew that "Mom" thanks him for his service to our country. He is an American hero and he has my sincerest respect and gratitude. :pleasantry:

Wrong, archaeological evidence clearly shows millions of years, long before man.

And like I said, God is supposed to transcend time since he is omnipotent, omnipresent, and immortal.

And your newphew's story is touching, but he's the exception, not the rule. There are still millions more children who live in unforgiving circumstances beyond their control.

Sheldon:
Thank you for your nephew's story it is touching. My husband and I were not blessed with the greatest of circumstances. I guess we would have been considered to be the white trash by many. My husbands father deserted his wife and five sons and my mother-in-law raised then into good upstanding citizens.
In my case my step-father was a LEO that was shot in the line of duty and he became mentally and physically abusive and drank. I also believe he was WWII PTSD before they ever thought of this condition. He drank a bottle of lye and died when I was in the service. We were homeless at times and when we were able to finally stay in a place I became the surrogate mother to my two younger brothers. One now a teacher and the other a IC Tech. One adopted two children and the other has two nice daughters.
My husband worked in a High Security job while I was in the Air Force. We found that it was possible to make a better life for ourselves.
We have been blessed with two natural children and seven more that God blessed us with. The hoops the government makes you jump through makes it hard to help. Yet we believe that individuals make the difference and have found that when people become personally involved with the needs of others change is possible. Governments just tend to make the problems harder.
So never apologize or let other make you feel bad when you believe that you can make a difference. YOU CAN AND WE ALL CAN.

You need to read world history a tad bit closer, the great flood was more recent than a million years, and multiple scientist speculate it has something to do with the world tilt angle which use to be at 0 degrees WRT the sun. Popular theory holds a huge meteor impact in the ocean caused the tilt, of I believe 15 degrees and eventually it stabilized at the the present angle, and the oceans sloshed all over the planet. Further this date is much more recent time within the last 30-40,000 years, this time is at present a estimate only.

The passage of Time is not a fixed unit, set 2 precision clocks on earth, send one into orbit for any extended period, bring it back and there will be a significant difference between the two. So if we can prove and NASA has that passage of time is not fixed, and is in accordance to your location...

That Scientist have stated (ever watch NOVA or Discovery) that multiple dimensions exist outside our reality...

So then just why is it so hard to speculate that God exists in a realm that is outside our normal time continuum?

So you are saying someone who is not conceived to a Ozzie and Harriet home should never been born, that God should just kill them outright to save them the grief of being alive in a not ideal world.
Life is what you make of it, nothing is just freely handed to you,( that is unless you are a democrat and expect free stuff for nothing). Again it's the free will thing that steps in here, so the mother accepted evil, that may or may not be the kids path in life through strength of character they could become anything they want, but it is their choice not hers.

Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Also you are correct about the timing of the flood. there are many archeologists, scientists and geologists that are Christians and do not buy into that millions of years old thing. There is a geologists that goes to my church that teaches at an area college and does work for the city and state as well. He is very interesting to listen to on these subjects.

Please reel it in, Guys. You're playing right into his hands and reacting exactly like he wants you to! Don't counter attack...just ignore! Our invisible God can fight His own battles! :biggrin:

So right you are Mom. I've just put everyone of them on my ignore list. It's great not to have to read their mindless rhetoric, and not have to respond to their foolish level of third grade questioning. If others would do the same, we can once again start sharing in some intelligent, mature, and rewarding discussion, as it should be.

So right you are Mom. I've just put everyone of them on my ignore list. It's great not to have to read their mindless rhetoric, and not have to respond to their foolish level of third grade questioning. If others would do the same, we can once again start sharing in some intelligent, mature, and rewarding discussion, as it should be.

I hope we can get back to that soon because all this immature drivel is getting veeeery tiresome.

+1. The more of us that put them on the ignore list the better. Perhaps they will grow tired of trying to annoy everyone if there is no one left to see and thus be annoyed. If there is no one to respond to their stuff perhaps they can find some other place to go and aggregate. people.

There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth!" [ The Satanic Bible: The Book of Satan IV:2 ]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back