Biased male opions

I know the question wasn't directed toward me, but I would say you shouldn't have a power saw without proper training either. The question comes down to what is proper training. I read the manuals that come with my power tools, and doggone it there is some really pertinent information in there. That is enough for me. Someone else, might need to be guided by a person experienced in the use of power saws. Same is true with firearms. Some will naturally get it from reading, some need to be shown the ropes, and some will be raised in a family that has shown them the way through their life.

However, I would also say that I would never support any law that infringes on your right to buy a firearm, or a power saw. Having a firearm and not knowing how to use it is a dangerous mix. But one that shouldn't be regulated by the government. It should be regulated with our own common sense. Ask anyone with a power saw that has less than 10 fingers. I doubt they will say the government should have stepped in and demanded proper training first.

"should" and "must" are two very different words.

I know this wasn't addressed to me- So, please forgive me.

I agree that "should" and "must" are very different words. But, the left has been known to use these words interchangeably. I think that's what chen was alluding to. Whenever, we capitulate with the left and agree to "should", we suddenly find laws & restrictions that tell us we "MUST".

That's why I am becoming more like those that are saying absolutely "NO MORE COMPROMISE" with the left period when it comes to my rights.
(Esp religious rights, free speech and my right to bear arms.)

-

I know this wasn't addressed to me- So, please forgive me.

I agree that "should" and "must" are very different words. But, the left has been known to use these words interchangeably. I think that's what chen was alluding to. Whenever, we capitulate with the left and agree to "should", we suddenly find laws & restrictions that tell us we "MUST".

That's why I am becoming more like those that are saying absolutely "NO MORE COMPROMISE" with the left period when it comes to my rights.
(Esp religious rights, free speech and my right to bear arms.)

-

One leads to the other...for sure

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I thank you for the advice. Again, happy you are okay. I start reading other replies and get frustrated. Not sure why people ask stupid questions. Are they really that bored? Anyway, have a great day.

I thank you for the advice. Again, happy you are okay. I start reading other replies and get frustrated. Not sure why people ask stupid questions. Are they really that bored? Anyway, have a great day.

I read replies and get frustrated too. Not sure why some people can't answer a simple question without insulting another...are they really that cold hearted? Or maybe it's just more procrastination until they answer it later?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

This may be the first time I've ever opened the Women's forum. I have told my wife it's here if she ever wanted to get involved with a forum, but it ain't her thang, so I just really haven't felt the need to know what's going on in here. Kind of a whim this morning is the only way I can explain it I guess.

So anyway, the rather auspicious beginnings aside, I guess I "get" the gist of the original question, but gotta say, I reject the notion that men, in general, hold any biases against women shooters. My wife joined me in all but one of my academy training courses (9 for me, 8 for her). After 29 years together, she has consistently out-shot me even before we started taking classes together. I love shooting with her because she always gives me something to aspire to. It's why I loved being in business with her too - me running that business alone would've been a failure - with her it was a giant success in a small Alabama town where a gourmet coffee shop should've never had a chance.

My best friend, who's been a hunter, competitive shooter and concealed carrier all his life, has learned stuff both from my wife and his girlfriend that we introduced him to after she attended the last (advanced) academy class that we took together.

I am biased against careless shooters, which come in every gender, every color, even every level of training. I had a supervisor once when I worked armed security who literally put two holes in the ceiling of the indoor range where we qualified before having to go through training again to get the OK to carry on the job. Why was she a supervisor you might wonder? Because she listed her Criminal Justice BA degree as qualifying her for the job. She told the interviewer that she intended to join the FBI from that degree, but she neglected to tell them that she had never picked up a weapon in her life before that first qualifying day, which they didn't find out until they had to pay for repairs to the range ceiling/roof! It was an insult to have to take orders from that idiot, but it would've been whether such an untrained, inept and incompetent supervisor was a man, woman, or somewhere in between!

It seems apparent that the OP was made without any real first-hand experience with "biased" men. As such, you're building obstacles for yourself that aren't necessary. If someone criticizes you, it might just be because you're doing something wrong, or unsafe, or just not as effective as you could be. My wife is as good as she is because she is very self-critical. She never takes advice personally, even when it comes from someone she could probably teach to improve their techniques and tactics markedly. No one, man or woman, is out to get you. Listen and learn. That's what this forum is for.

Blues

I once dated a girl, who not only did not like firearms, but was terrified of them. Even after proper training and instruction she was still very uncomfortable with them and insisted that I sell my firearms if we were to continue to be together...still have all my guns :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back