Biased male opions

Put the pipe down, seek real help and detox. Come back when you can coherently comprehend true reality. Oh and finally in rehab find out why you feel you're a puppet. Someone's hand up your @ss? Holder's hand maybe?

Yes. I tried to ignore it. Since you had to remind me, I have to say. "If you were standing in front of me." "I would have to punch you in the throat!"

My question is simple and does make sense. Some men feel that women should not shoot guns period. Just like they feel ladies should stay off the road. Maybe it has something to do with the state you live in etc. Wanted some feedback on different women from different locations. I really do not feel I need a response from you.

It could be the altered state you are living in. Of course you could be a troll for obama trying to see if the war on women has roots in the gun community. What the hell are you looking for?

YEP.....Willing to commit violence against another due to free speech. Gotta be a troll/liberal.............get an enema!

Comes to a gun site and asks a loaded question. Does she really expect people here to say they don't want women to shoot?

Okay guys/gals. I do apologize. I do not like bad karma. Not a violent person etc. I also do not do drugs. That is why I go sooo upset. PEACE EVERYONE.

Okay guys/gals. I do apologize. I do not like bad karma. Not a violent person etc. I also do not do drugs. That is why I go sooo upset. PEACE EVERYONE.

You are too thin skinned to be a gun owner. Gun owners don't have good or bad karma...they have each other. There is a special connection that gun owners feel toward each other...sometimes that connection gets frayed and we shoot off at the mouth (like me) but we always know where to draw the line and how to think rationally. You made a threat to one of the community. You should address your apologies there. Based on everything you have said throughout this thread I believe you are not a gun owner. We don't think the way you think. You seem to ramble in your thought pattern which is a dead give-a-way for troll. If you want to become a gun owner tread carefully because gun ownership and gun handling is a very serious responsibility. You need to have your head screwed on straight and have a complete focus on being a firearm owner.

You are correct. I do not own a gun. I would like to, but a little intimidated. I want to visit a range and have lessons first. I do apologize to all of you regarding yesterday's attitude. You seem like nice people that stick together. I like that. Obviously, nobody really cares how I feel, I understand why. I truly am sorry. Have a nice day. Hope the weather is nicer where you all live.

You are correct. I do not own a gun. I would like to, but a little intimidated. I want to visit a range and have lessons first. I do apologize to all of you regarding yesterday's attitude. You seem like nice people that stick together. I like that. Obviously, nobody really cares how I feel, I understand why. I truly am sorry. Have a nice day. Hope the weather is nicer where you all live.

This was a much more pleasant post. Thank you for that.

We do stick up for each other here, because we realize that we are a patriotic bunch and that we understand our rights under the Constitution.

I, for one, would be very willing to help you out in your search for a new firearm, in your search for training, in your understanding of firearms laws if you so chose to ask about those things.

As to your original question and taking this newer post into account, I have found some of the better shooters I know are woman. I will never consider a woman a "lesser shooter" and most folk that I know do not treat women any differently.

Let's try to start over. Revolving Puppet, welcome to the forums. Glad to have you.

Don't know about you all but I'd rather watch a woman than a man do just about anything.

Oh, are talking about guns? Yeah, that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually learned a lot about guns from YouTube. Search for "Jerry Miculek" and "Hickok45". And for a female's perspective search for "fate of destinee".

Hey Girls. Wanted to know if you feel that men are biased by the fact that women want to shoot also.

I am an ARDENT believer that ALL women should know how to use a firearm.

My wife took to shooting like a duck to water. My daughter can't wait to get a CCW. I have introduced several of my daughter's female friends to firearms.

IMHO, the more women carrying concealed, the better.

So at this point we can start over. Male gun owners are not intimated by or biased against women who own and shoot guns. We love them (ask my wife). We stick together, we have a common enemy. The bias you will encounter will be from non-gun owners, male and female. They are biased against all of us. This community does not play that game. Given the desire to learn and a commitment to doing it right, people here will help as much as they can. But there is only so much one can learn on the forum, any forum. You need someone next to you to guide you through this process. And others are right; if this is representative of your emotional stability, you have some work to do.

A little hint FWIW; stop playing the victim, lashing out, then saying no one cares how you feel. To piss the people you are asking to help and care off is really a bad strategy. In internet parlance, it is trolling. If you want help with something you do not know or understand, then ask, humbly. Don't heap resentment on the people who try to answer. You kickedthe doorin and then toldeveryone STFU. With that style lifecan neverbe easy and the welcome will never be pleasant. Or you can just sulk and decide we are all just not nice.

If you have questions, ask, listen and learn like all of us have done. Or stay right where you are.

Good luck.

Now this we can work with! :smile: The biggest thing? Just go for it. Walk in like you own the place, ask tons of questions, and take in to account who is answering the question when considering the reply (for example, is it some random guy in a gun shop or a reputable instructor?). I've never found anyone, male or female, who wasn't very friendly and willing to help... though there are a few who are very strongly in favor of their particular gun! (Especially Glock fans, for some reason... but that's probably just me. They don't fit me! :wink: )

Search around the forum, too... you can bet most questions have been asked before.

Now see how much better it would have been if you'd started with this? We are not bad people and we do not attack people unless we feel we are being attacked or disrespected.
The best advice has already been given. The Cornered Cat, and The Well Armed Woman are probably the best sites for women shooters or women who want to be shooters.
And find a range where you can shoot a variety of different guns before you buy one. Find one you can handle and feels right in your hand.
Then come back and ask for advice on a holster. You'll get hundreds of answers for that one.

Another thing you can do if you are really intimidated and don't have someone you can trust is go to a range that offers women only classes and take one. (Most instructors keep extra firearms for students to use jic a student doesn't have their own gun; or a student has a malfunction.)

You can gain better insight and increase your self confidence once take a class or two. The instructor and RSOs will have a better idea of where you're at and can help you shop for the right firearm for you.

-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back