Ballistic - The Pro Ballistic Trajectory Calculator for the iPhone

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Cutting edge for long guns!

Sniper rifle software launched for iPod touch
New BulletFlight program could be a 'killer' app for Apple

By Claudine Beaumont
Last Updated: 12:34PM GMT 21 Jan 2009

BulletFlight is a new application has been launched for the iPod touch to help gun users line up a clean shot at their target
A new application has been launched for the iPod touch to help gun users line up a clean shot at their target.

The BulletFlight app, which costs £6.99 to download from the iTunes store, has been developed by Runaway App to turn the iPod touch into a ballistics computer which the company says can provide “quick solutions in the field”.

Users can mount their iPod touch to their rifle, and then use the iPod’s touch-screen to tap in details about the wind conditions, ammunition type, distance to the intended target and even the wind speed.

“Unlike other apps, BulletFlight does not output information in table format,” says the application’s iTunes page. “What it does do is dynamically give you the solution you need now to take that shot.”

The application features built-in profiles for three weapons – the M110 semi-automatic precision rifle, the KAC PDW, and the 14.5in SR16 rifle – although users can add more weapons into the app.

“Environmental calculations are based on the Sierra Bullet model,” says the BulletFlight iTunes entry. “Up to five ballistic co-efficients with corresponding velocity thresholds may be used for each profile.”

BulletFlight is not the first shooting application for the iPhone and iPod touch – that honour goes to iSnipe – but it’s the latest in a long line of unusal apps for the devices, which have included simulated beer-pouring, a fart machine, and even “breathalysers”.

I wonder if/when Steve and Steve are going to publicly lament these adaptations of their products.

"Shoot Different"

ishoot.jpg

A friend sent me this and thought it was pretty neat, although I don't have an iPhone.

Ballistic is a fast, highly-accurate ballistic trajectory calculator and range companion for the iPhone. Ballistic calculates trajectory, windage, velocity, energy, and bullet flight time for any valid range, and can compensate for atmospheric conditions such as temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, and altitude. It's also much more than a basic trajectory calculator. With a vast library of over 1,000 projectiles, range estimation calculator, and a range log, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.

Link Removed

Another friend that is an ex-green beret, honor grad of SOTIC....he mentioned it doesn't include Coriolis Effect. They said they are adding this in a future version. I guess he knows what he's talking about. :laugh:

A friend sent me this and thought it was pretty neat, although I don't have an iPhone.
You can get an iPod Touch, which is pretty much the same thing without the phone part. There's a huge number of awesome and very useful apps for it. It would be even better if the battery life wasn't terrible.

Ballistic is a fast, highly-accurate ballistic trajectory calculator and range companion for the iPhone. Ballistic calculates trajectory, windage, velocity, energy, and bullet flight time for any valid range, and can compensate for atmospheric conditions such as temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, and altitude. It's also much more than a basic trajectory calculator. With a vast library of over 1,000 projectiles, range estimation calculator, and a range log, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.

Link Removed

Another friend that is an ex-green beret, honor grad of SOTIC....he mentioned it doesn't include Coriolis Effect. They said they are adding this in a future version. I guess he knows what he's talking about. :laugh:

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing that!:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back