Are you on a watchlist?

I gotcha, though, when someone is sick or worse and you need to get there NOW, the train or a car just doesn't always cut it. Guess it's a matter of priorities and what we agree to "put up with" so we can do what we feel we need to do. If you don't feel the need then you are doing what you feel you need to do, right?

Long time no talk, Piece. How ya been?
Peace.
Stay safe!
Sometimes you have to stick to principles. I have a married sister in CA (Please, God forgive me!) who I loved to visit in better times. (Off-topic: she ran for Congress out there in '96) But since the Patriot Act, both the government and the airlines have conspired to make air travel miserable at best and ugly at worst. As it would be nearly impossible for me to drive from Florida to CA, I doubt that I would travel out there in any emergency. I love my sister dearly, but I don't think visiting her in the hospital or attending her funeral would be necessary.

I have a brother in TX, and that is within driving distance, so I'd probably make some effort to be there for him if the circumstances were critical. But there is nothing I could do aside from comforting his wife (they have no children). Don't get me wrong - I'm not a cold, unfeeling person. But unless I had to be there to take care of his house or help with moving, etc. I don't feel "being there" is that important, when there are many local friends and other family nearby.

The rest of my family lives in PA (2 daughters and 6 grandchildren) and NJ (my mother-in-law). I have driven there several times (the drive is nice and easy) and have no problems, even in an emergency (God forbid) I can be there in a little over 28 hours. Again, there are many others nearby to handle things until my wife and I get there. Matter of fact, my wife has no problems flying, so she can be there in 3 hours, and I'd be there shortly.

Hence - no flying commercial, at least until someone in government gets a brain and actually follows our Constitution and trashes the Patriot Act. And it's getting worse - here in Florida, in order to renew your D/L, you need to produce a birth certificate, a Social Security card, a marriage license, and two proofs of residence: mortgage, voter registration card, car insurance, utility bill, etc. Now, I've been a licensed driver since 1963, and I was boren and raised in Florida. As a result of this new requirement, I might just start driving witout a license after it expires in 2012. That's how strong I feel about this government intrusion into our freedoms.

How have I been? Great! Working on a new Web site, which will be called Citizens for a Constitutional Republic. Also going to the 2nd Amendment march on April 19th. Gonna be there?

Well, we'll all be in good company when they throw us into re-edumacation camps.

Ange

Sometimes you have to stick to principles. I have a married sister in CA (Please, God forgive me!) who I loved to visit in better times. (Off-topic: she ran for Congress out there in '96) But since the Patriot Act, both the government and the airlines have conspired to make air travel miserable at best and ugly at worst. As it would be nearly impossible for me to drive from Florida to CA, I doubt that I would travel out there in any emergency. I love my sister dearly, but I don't think visiting her in the hospital or attending her funeral would be necessary.

I have a brother in TX, and that is within driving distance, so I'd probably make some effort to be there for him if the circumstances were critical. But there is nothing I could do aside from comforting his wife (they have no children). Don't get me wrong - I'm not a cold, unfeeling person. But unless I had to be there to take care of his house or help with moving, etc. I don't feel "being there" is that important, when there are many local friends and other family nearby.

The rest of my family lives in PA (2 daughters and 6 grandchildren) and NJ (my mother-in-law). I have driven there several times (the drive is nice and easy) and have no problems, even in an emergency (God forbid) I can be there in a little over 28 hours. Again, there are many others nearby to handle things until my wife and I get there. Matter of fact, my wife has no problems flying, so she can be there in 3 hours, and I'd be there shortly.

Hence - no flying commercial, at least until someone in government gets a brain and actually follows our Constitution and trashes the Patriot Act. And it's getting worse - here in Florida, in order to renew your D/L, you need to produce a birth certificate, a Social Security card, a marriage license, and two proofs of residence: mortgage, voter registration card, car insurance, utility bill, etc. Now, I've been a licensed driver since 1963, and I was boren and raised in Florida. As a result of this new requirement, I might just start driving witout a license after it expires in 2012. That's how strong I feel about this government intrusion into our freedoms.

How have I been? Great! Working on a new Web site, which will be called Citizens for a Constitutional Republic. Also going to the 2nd Amendment march on April 19th. Gonna be there?

The flying we did was because of my mother. I'm executor (yes, the word works for both male and female :biggrin:) of her estate and we flew back to visit her one last time as she was not expected to make it. Those are the emergencies that make us think we abide by the government system even though it "kills us." We certainly wouldn't do so if we could avoid it at all!

Is the web site up and running? Gotta link?

Nah, I wish I could make it, but no money and it's too far to walk.

be sure and let us know when the web site is up and running.

Question: If you are on a list, what difference does it make since there is nothing you can do about it anyway. I can only foresee a possible Nov 2010 "crisis", as that pig Rahm Emanuel (now I'm on a list) likes to talk about ("never let a good crisis go to waste"), when the administration finds the results or the projected results of the election to be very one-sided against them essentially shutting them and their agenda down, and then must use the military to enforce their voiding of the election or disallowing the election to actually occur, for a "list" to have a meaningful conclusion as you are shipped off to the camp in Idaho. Personally, as I have said before, my relatives were sheep in Germany and I will not be one.

Who's Watching

Who would be paying for the large main frames (computers) that everyone uses for Twitter, Myspace, Facebook for FREE. That has to be millions of dollars in costs. Who pays for that?? I know the answer and you know who it is too. I cannot believe anyone would be that gullible to put their personal information on those web sites for the government to keep track of.

Dh and I found out that WE ARE on someone's watch list. We made plans to fly across country last year and were detained at the airport. We could not print our tickets from the kiosk, were told to see an actual ticket agent at the counter. We had to give our IDs and the computer e-ticket info to her and she disappeared into the back. She came back about 10 minutes later and gave us our things and said we were free to board, but then hubby was all but strip searched. This was only at McCarran International in Las Vegas, Nv. Sucked! On the rest of the journey to and from our destinations, absolutely no one at any of the other airports said "Boo" or anything else to us. Seems to me that if we were terrorists we would not have been given our CCW permits a month later!

Just this past week, I discovered a site where we wrote for redress to remove our names and anyone living at our address from this watch list. It's a Homeland Security site. Dh and I both filed a redress complaint and received redress numbers. I hope to hear from them soon! If I recall correctly, they stated that they would get back with us w/in 30 days, or some such. We'll see.

Having worked in the Import Business I am a little familiar with We the People's DHS and the Denied Party Screening List. (We the People = Our Government)
This was the original pre 9-11 list of people not being allowed to receive imports or export items out of the US.
It contains every thing from Tax Cheats to criminals.
Lists To Check

Post 9-11 things went crazy. Do you remember Johnnie Mohamad Walker, the DC Sniper? Well, if anyone anywhere in the US had the Name of Johnnie Walker, and they were having a shipment imported, the shipment had to be flagged and inspected by Customs.
Even though he was in prison at the time awaiting execution. I'm out of the loop now but I am willing to bet that even though he has now been disposed of, the name is still on the list and Customs is still wasting everybody's time and money looking at those shipments.Why, Rules are Rules and the Computer spit it out. But hey,don't you feel safer?
Just as bad TSA searching my 87 year old mother while a middle eastern 20 year old goes right through the line. Money well spent.

I just can't wait until they take over. managing any and all risky behavior through the so called Health Care reform. Oh, you bought a gun and and are in NCIC, well then____________ fill in the blanks. Because guns are dangerous and owning them is "risky behavior".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back