Anyone have plans to visit N.J. w/ a firearm ?

Care to educate us on the NY requirement to purchase ammo only in a face-2-face setting and only from an FFL or a licensed ammo dealer?

What percentage of the population in NC has a CCW permit? In upstate NYS (excluding NYC because those residents aren't eligible for a NYS permit) there are just over 1 million CCW permits in a population of about 8 million adults. That's one in every eight adults... who can picket their job or stop to pay their taxes without disarming.

Please back this up with a valid source, my searches produce much lower numbers the highest being 385K, while NC has 570K active permits, or 5.7% of total population. Excluding NYC, the percentage of the total population works out to be 3.4% have permits.

Link Removed

Tell us about the "banned features" on pistols that reclassifies them as an assault weapon. I have several of these common handgun features

Magazine that extends beyond the grip. Lets see, My XD40sc, XD9sc, XDS9, Sig P238.
A threaded barrel to accept a silencer, yep, got one of those also, a Walther P22

I don't have a Glock, but I have seen 100 round drum magazines selling like crazy at my LGS, and seen a few on the range. Lots of 30 round mags for Glocks.

BC1, also while your are informing us about how gun friendly NY is, how about explaining the need to apply for a license to have a pistol 'on premiss' (your home or business, but not both) and that you cannot remove the gun from the premiss for any reason?

I notice on the PB-3 form one of the fields you have to include a "reason" the license is required. Oh yea, a 'may' issue state.

I noticed on the PB-3 form there are spaces to include the make, model, caliber, type, serial# and owner. Sounds like gun registration to me.

Then if you sell, trade, dispose, surrender, transfer, loose, acquire, you also have a form to submit to the state.

How is this gun friendly, I'm confused.

BC1, also while your are informing us about how gun friendly NY is, how about explaining the need to apply for a license to have a pistol 'on premiss' (your home or business, but not both) and that you cannot remove the gun from the premiss for any reason?

I notice on the PB-3 form one of the fields you have to include a "reason" the license is required. Oh yea, a 'may' issue state.

I noticed on the PB-3 form there are spaces to include the make, model, caliber, type, serial# and owner. Sounds like gun registration to me, and no grace period for new residents. (please see map below) Yes siree bob, that be a sign of a gun friendly state.

Then if you sell, trade, dispose, surrender, transfer, loose, acquire, you also have a form to submit to the state.

Link Removed

Oh yea, BC1, have we discussed open carry?

Hmmmm why would you avoid that topic, other than the fact that there is no open carry in the wonderful gun friendly state of NY. One of only 6 states in the country where OC is illegal.

OBTW, NC is an OC state, and no permit, license, etc. required, hell unless I'm driving I don't have to even have my ID with me.

Link Removed

Your North Carolina Sheriff's website contains the incorrect information and is disseminating it on their website. (http://www.ncsheriffs.org/documents/2013 NC Firearms Laws.pdf) has the sheriff posting the law from August 2013. The NC DOJ has one from September 2014. Your argument is with them. Call them and insult them for it.
I'm not sure you guys know your own law. Here is the document in lay terms from the NC Department of Justice... dated SEPTEMBER 2014. That's four months ago. YOUR DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE. If this isn't the real law you have a major problem on your hands. You need to call someone to get this false information off the web. The following is ALL in the NCDOJ document written four months ago.

In NC you may not carry a gun at any rest area on a public road. WTF? NY has nothing like this.

14-269.4. Weapons on certain State property and in courthouses.

This section shall not apply to any of the following:

(1) Repealed by S.L. 1997-238, s. 3, effective June 27, 1997.

(1a) A person exempted by the provisions of G.S. 14-269(b).

(2) through (4) Repealed by S.L. 1997-238, s. 3, effective June 27, 1997.

(4a) Any person in a building housing a court of the General Court of Justice in possession of a weapon for evidentiary purposes, to deliver it to a law-enforcement agency, or for purposes of registration.

(4b) Any district court judge or superior court judge who carries or possesses a concealed handgun in a building housing a court of the General Court of Justice if the judge is in the building to discharge his or her official duties and the judge has a concealed handgun permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter or considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24.

(4c) Firearms in a courthouse, carried by detention officers employed by and authorized by the sheriff to carry firearms.

(4d) Any magistrate who carries or possesses a concealed handgun in any portion of a building housing a court of the General Court of Justice other than a courtroom itself unless the magistrate is presiding in that courtroom, if the magistrate (i) is in the building to discharge the magistrate's official duties, (ii) has a concealed handgun permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter or considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24, (iii) has successfully completed a one-time weapons retention training substantially similar to that provided to certified law enforcement officers in North Carolina, and (iv) secures the weapon in a locked compartment when the weapon is not on the magistrate's person.

(5) State-owned rest areas, rest stops along the highways, and State-owned hunting and fishing reservations.

(6) A person with a permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter, with a permit considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24, or who is exempt from obtaining a permit pursuant to G.S. 14-415.25, who has a firearm in a closed compartment or container within the person's locked vehicle or in a locked container securely affixed to the person's vehicle. A person may unlock the vehicle to enter or exit the vehicle provided the firearm remains in the closed compartment at all times and the vehicle is locked immediately following the entrance or exit.

Don't believe everything you see posted on the internet.

BC,

Please be reasonable, you are a very smart poster and know an inmense deal when it comes to guns and laws but comparing NYS to NC on this subject is day and night.

Speaking of gun control, you seem to be ignoring my question about "are you a felon in NY for not registering your guns and/or having magazines with over 10 rounds capacity?", or have you complied to these onerous laws?
I'm not a felon. I don't need a 30 round mag or an AR. XD, your state maintains a list of CCW permit holders. They know you have guns. Registration means nothing. The reason NYS gets bad grades is the AW restrictions, 10 round mag limits (other states as well) and the big one... they won't let non-residents carry a gun. I just never had any interest in an AR. It's a terrible defensive weapon. If that's what you want then NY is wrong for you. If you only care about a CCW then there's almost nowhere you can't go.

BC,

Please be reasonable, you are a very smart poster and know an inmense deal when it comes to guns and laws but comparing NYS to NC on this subject is day and night.
Then tell me exactly what is bad about NYS law. Not NYC, NYS. Most people don't know there's a huge difference in gun laws. Registration is moot. They know you have the guns.
Regarding NC, why would there even be mention of a rest area or any other location in the law? Why is there mention of a courthouse, police station or municipal building? Why is there even a word about gun and funerals or parades in the law. And finally, how long ago did NC catch-up with NY on these forbidden places? I think it was 2013.

Oh yea, BC1, have we discussed open carry?

Hmmmm why would you avoid that topic, other than the fact that there is no open carry in the wonderful gun friendly state of NY. One of only 6 states in the country where OC is illegal.

OBTW, NC is an OC state, and no permit, license, etc. required, hell unless I'm driving I don't have to even have my ID with me.

Link Removed
Why aren't you hammering Texas or S. Carolina? Why NY? Personally I think OC is ridiculous. I have a gun. Big deal. I would not OC anywhere, even after I move from NY. I don't want the attention. It's unimportant to many of us. I don't live my life around a gun or gun rights.
The bigger question is why aren't you hammering NC for posting the old laws on the sheriff's website. They have the 2013 laws there, not the changes published in September 2014. A person seeking information gets the sheriff's data and is misinformed.
As I poked around Hendersonville and Buncombe County I noticed something very troubling. That part of the state is turning into a liberal enclave. Asheville has become a liberal, artsy-fartsy community. Very troubling. As people flee the northern enclaves in NY, NJ, CT, MA, they're bringing that citified liberal thinking with them. My prediction is that property tax will rise as more schools and government services will be necessary. And what follows liberals is gun-control. Watch that part of your sate.

Why aren't you hammering Texas or S. Carolina? Why NY? Personally I think OC is ridiculous. I have a gun. Big deal. I would not OC anywhere, even after I move from NY. I don't want the attention. It's unimportant to many of us. I don't live my life around a gun or gun rights.
The bigger question is why aren't you hammering NC for posting the old laws on the sheriff's website. They have the 2013 laws there, not the changes published in September 2014. A person seeking information gets the sheriff's data and is misinformed.
As I poked around Hendersonville and Buncombe County I noticed something very troubling. That part of the state is turning into a liberal enclave. Asheville has become a liberal, artsy-fartsy community. Very troubling. As people flee the northern enclaves in NY, NJ, CT, MA, they're bringing that citified liberal thinking with them. My prediction is that property tax will rise as more schools and government services will be necessary. And what follows liberals is gun-control. Watch that part of your sate.
Because people from SC and TX and trying to blow ******** up my skirt about how gun friendly their anti-gun state is.................

I don't get feel that webmasters that don't keep sites current distract from the quality of life in the state in any way.

Yes it is becoming a liberal enclave, primarily due to the influx of arrogant ******** from the north that move away from stuff the despise, and turn right around and start every sentence with "back in _________ we did it like this"

I'm not a felon. I don't need a 30 round mag or an AR. XD, your state maintains a list of CCW permit holders. They know you have guns. Registration means nothing. The reason NYS gets bad grades is the AW restrictions, 10 round mag limits (other states as well) and the big one... they won't let non-residents carry a gun. I just never had any interest in an AR. It's a terrible defensive weapon. If that's what you want then NY is wrong for you. If you only care about a CCW then there's almost nowhere you can't go.

Several of my guns have 12 and 16 round magazines, several have magazines that extend beyond the grip, and have a capacity greater than 10 rounds, and one of my guns has a threaded barrel that could accept a silencer (which I do not have), and all of these would be illegal in your gun-friendly state.

It doesn't have to be an AR to be illegal, something as simple as a muzzle break, often preferred by female shooters/hunters classifies as an illegal gun in NY.

Yes, and I bet that NY knows the name of every pistol permit holder. The list is private and cannot be released to the public or media and is accessible only to law enforcement. Of course the assumption is that if a person has a CHP they have at least a handgun, that's common sense. The SIL of a close friend got his CHP, but it was over 2 years before he ever got a pistol.

I have a CHP, it does not prove I own a gun, does not indicate I own more than one, or even the type of handgun. Why are you just bashing NC, while all but a few states issue permits, which would indicate the person owns a gun, which somehow you try to equate to gun registration.

What percentage of the population in NC has a CCW permit? In upstate NYS (excluding NYC because those residents aren't eligible for a NYS permit) there are just over 1 million CCW permits in a population of about 8 million adults. That's one in every eight adults... who can picket their job or stop to pay their taxes without disarming.

I noticed you haven't provided a source to your 1M number for CC permits (or might that be Pistol Permits, including the primes only (not a CC) permit?), but I think I found where you got 1 Million. That the estimated number of FELONS in the gun friendly state of NY because they have not registered their illegal guns, made illegal with the stroke of a pen.
As Many As One Million Armed New Yorkers Are About To Break The Law - Forbes

Because people from SC and TX and trying to blow ******** up my skirt about how gun friendly their anti-gun state is.................

I don't get feel that webmasters that don't keep sites current distract from the quality of life in the state in any way.

Yes it is becoming a liberal enclave, primarily due to the influx of arrogant ******** from the north that move away from stuff the despise, and turn right around and start every sentence with "back in _________ we did it like this"
Municipalities may be REQUIRED to remove obsolete laws. It isn't the webmaster's fault. He takes his direction from the Sheriff's department. He works for the county IT department not the sheriff. He may not make a change regarding a law until and unless a change is requested. I had numerous county contracts.
Now regarding the law thing, yer still making a generalization. Specifically what laws? You mentioned some, I showed you were your were wrong. What specifically is anti-gun? Perhaps it's AR's or mag capacities of 10 rounds. But when it comes to carrying a concealed weapon I have no restriction other than a school. There's really nothing else. What makes that so bad? In NC you were severely restricted until about a year ago. One can't just parrot guns-n-ammo magazine. One must cite a particular law.

I noticed you haven't provided a source to your 1M number for CC permits (or might that be Pistol Permits, including the primes only (not a CC) permit?), but I think I found where you got 1 Million. That the estimated number of FELONS in the gun friendly state of NY because they have not registered their illegal guns, made illegal with the stroke of a pen.
As Many As One Million Armed New Yorkers Are About To Break The Law - Forbes
I don't need to cite a source. I have the entire NYS list of CCW holders. Want it? It's just under 1.1 million.

Several of my guns have 12 and 16 round magazines, several have magazines that extend beyond the grip, and have a capacity greater than 10 rounds, and one of my guns has a threaded barrel that could accept a silencer (which I do not have), and all of these would be illegal in your gun-friendly state.

It doesn't have to be an AR to be illegal, something as simple as a muzzle break, often preferred by female shooters/hunters classifies as an illegal gun in NY.

Yes, and I bet that NY knows the name of every pistol permit holder. The list is private and cannot be released to the public or media and is accessible only to law enforcement. Of course the assumption is that if a person has a CHP they have at least a handgun, that's common sense. The SIL of a close friend got his CHP, but it was over 2 years before he ever got a pistol.

I have a CHP, it does not prove I own a gun, does not indicate I own more than one, or even the type of handgun. Why are you just bashing NC, while all but a few states issue permits, which would indicate the person owns a gun, which somehow you try to equate to gun registration.
I too have a CCW and it doesn't mean I own a gun. The list is readily available. Why are you making these statements? You want the list? I'll personally send it to you. In fact you can get it from many sources based on certain years. Here's a partial 2010 list -->https://sites.google.com/site/whospackingnyisback/master.zip?attredirects=0

Regarding all that crap about extended mags and AR's. Don't want them. Don't need them. Thus I'm not being infringed. I don't live my life around guns or gun rights. I have no desire to open carry or to have a mag protruding from the gun. I just don't care.
Jesus Christ, look at this stupid argument you're making. You get pulled over, don't inform and you lose the gun or worse. I once had a cop ask me if there was anything in the car he needed to know about. I said no. He asked any guns or drugs? I said yes, 9mm on my hip. He went batshit. "I just asked you if you had anything I needed to know about. You had a gun and said no? You didn't think I needed to know?" My answer... "If NYS thought you had a right to know they would put it in the law. Now, is there anything else or can I go?" End of conversation; f--k-off. I wasn't arrested. What would have happened in NC?
My mom passed away in December. Half the people at the wake were carrying a gun, including me. No one violated any law. My brother-in-law is currently on strike. He's freezing his ass off as we speak on the picket line... armed like everyone else. No laws are being broken. In fact we aren't violating the law by ignoring your sign.
XD, I think we have differences on the depth and scope of the laws. NYS is restrictive with their AWB, magazine capacities and refusal to allow non-residents to carry. That is for sure and is very bad. But that's about all there is. I teach this penal law in the Sheriff's program. Now me? I don't want more than 10 rounds. I don't want a silencer. If a person doesn't care about hi-cap or AR's they don't feel infringed. I base this on the reality of my own life, not everyone's. Every day I put it in my pocket, head out for the day and aren't restricted as to the things I can and can't do. Banking, doctors office, visiting a friend a the hospital, funeral, lunch sitting right at the bar... there are a number of states where these things are illegal. For me there's nothing to remember other than don't go inside a school. You need to point to a section of the penal law, not just a generalized statement. Specifically what law is bad. Surely we're not as bad as states who restrict all the places I mentioned. My experience is in handguns and handgun licensing. My long-gun experience is limited to tactical shotgun instruction, for which I'm certified by the NRA. I don't own rifles and know very little about the rifle world.

Absolutely true. I'll never tell anyone I'm from the north. We had a place in FL for years. Because my wife is from West Palm Beach everyone assumed I was a local boy. I have no "NY" accent. When I move South I'm not saying anything. I'm keeping my mouth shut. I'll never admit being from NY. I hate the liberal mindset and the prevalence of it in NYS. I live in an agricultural area 60 miles North of NYC and have always liked a quiet country life. Every day that I had to drive to that train I wanted to just turn-around. I also hate these NYC types. Unfortunately they control the vote. And it seems there's hardly any Americans left in NYC. You walk down the street and are overwhelmed by foreigners. The real reason I want out of NY is taxes. They're killing us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back