Anyone have plans to visit N.J. w/ a firearm ?

No crickets. I just got home. I buy my ammo at Walmart. I always have. Nothing has changed. Only sporting goods or gun stores ever sold ammo. Again, no real issue.
But how is the gun-friendly, and how does it make new yorkers safer?

Again with the "it doesn't effect me" nonsense, it is still a stupid law. I often replenish my supply by ordering on line, and UPS or FedEx leaves it on the porch, cheaper and can get the quantity I want, not the 2 or 3 box limit that was often imposed when supplies were tight, though that has eased up recently.

Hell there is an ACE hardware nearby that sells ammo.

I don't need to cite a source. I have the entire NYS list of CCW holders. Want it? It's just under 1.1 million.

Would this include all the premiss, business, employment, target and hunting permits?

The online maps clearly state; "The maps shows the locations of pistol permit holders licensed by Westchester and Rockland counties. Data for all permit categories — unrestricted carry, premises, business, employment, target and hunting — is included, but the type (or types) of permit issued to each individual was not released to The Journal News. Being included in these maps does not mean the individual at a specific location owns a weapon, just that they are licensed to do so."

In three NY counties, I doubt the 1:8 for CC, when only 1:23 are even licensed to OWN a gun.
About 44,000 people in Westchester, Rockland and Putnam — one out of every 23 adults — are licensed to own a handgun.
From the same article:
[h=3]Types of handgun permits[/h] Permit restrictions in Westchester*
» Unrestricted (full carry) 4,900
» Employment 2,329
» Premises only 38
» Target 11,240
» Hunting 6,913

So in a county of almost 1,000,000 almost 5,000 have a true CC permit? What is that about 1 in 200 people?

Link Removed

Have the at least made the list private?

I too have a CCW and it doesn't mean I own a gun. The list is readily available. Why are you making these statements? You want the list? I'll personally send it to you. In fact you can get it from many sources based on certain years. Here's a partial 2010 list -->https://sites.google.com/site/whospackingnyisback/master.zip?attredirects=0

Regarding all that crap about extended mags and AR's. Don't want them. Don't need them. Thus I'm not being infringed. I don't live my life around guns or gun rights. I have no desire to open carry or to have a mag protruding from the gun. I just don't care.
Jesus Christ, look at this stupid argument you're making. You get pulled over, don't inform and you lose the gun or worse. I once had a cop ask me if there was anything in the car he needed to know about. I said no. He asked any guns or drugs? I said yes, 9mm on my hip. He went batshit. "I just asked you if you had anything I needed to know about. You had a gun and said no? You didn't think I needed to know?" My answer... "If NYS thought you had a right to know they would put it in the law. Now, is there anything else or can I go?" End of conversation; f--k-off. I wasn't arrested. What would have happened in NC?
My mom passed away in December. Half the people at the wake were carrying a gun, including me. No one violated any law. My brother-in-law is currently on strike. He's freezing his ass off as we speak on the picket line... armed like everyone else. No laws are being broken. In fact we aren't violating the law by ignoring your sign.
XD, I think we have differences on the depth and scope of the laws. NYS is restrictive with their AWB, magazine capacities and refusal to allow non-residents to carry. That is for sure and is very bad. But that's about all there is. I teach this penal law in the Sheriff's program. Now me? I don't want more than 10 rounds. I don't want a silencer. If a person doesn't care about hi-cap or AR's they don't feel infringed. I base this on the reality of my own life, not everyone's. Every day I put it in my pocket, head out for the day and aren't restricted as to the things I can and can't do. Banking, doctors office, visiting a friend a the hospital, funeral, lunch sitting right at the bar... there are a number of states where these things are illegal. For me there's nothing to remember other than don't go inside a school. You need to point to a section of the penal law, not just a generalized statement. Specifically what law is bad. Surely we're not as bad as states who restrict all the places I mentioned. My experience is in handguns and handgun licensing. My long-gun experience is limited to tactical shotgun instruction, for which I'm certified by the NRA. I don't own rifles and know very little about the rifle world.

All about how the laws effect YOU isn't it. Your concern for society as a whole is demonstrated here, it is just about you, screw everyone else.

Ok, you carried at a wake, I could do that here if I wanted to.

I don't have a AR either, but unlike you I can go to a gun store this afternoon and bring it home today if I wanted to, you can't. Now setting aside your self-center selfish stance, which would consider gun friendly?

And the list; and based on the gun permit stats for the county I posted above, and the fact the list does not contain permit type, I'm pretty damn sure that is a list of people "permitted" to own a gun, nothing more.

But how is the gun-friendly, and how does it make new yorkers safer?

Again with the "it doesn't effect me" nonsense, it is still a stupid law. I often replenish my supply by ordering on line, and UPS or FedEx leaves it on the porch, cheaper and can get the quantity I want, not the 2 or 3 box limit that was often imposed when supplies were tight, though that has eased up recently.

Hell there is an ACE hardware nearby that sells ammo.
I bought ammo in NC at a small variety store last year. Up until the safe act anyone could sell ammo in NYS, other than pistol specific ammo. That in itself is stupid because many rifles and pistols shoot the same round (.45 Colt for example). When I was a kid we bought ammo at Sears. In the past decades the only place I could find ammo was sporting goods stores. There aren't any stores locally where I live. It's about 12-14 miles to the nearest store. And Walmart asks to see a CCW license before selling pistol ammo (a funny story later).
The anti-gun politicians in NYC decided that limiting who could sell any ammo would keep the hoodrats from buying it legally. Then came the local gun show. I'm standing there waiting for my wife and there's this ammo dealer selling cases of Winchester 9mm, .40 and .45. He's interacting with a bunch of guys... pants around their ass, hats on sideways, long white t-shirts... typical hood-wear. One look and you know there's no way these guys have permits. Standing there is a NYS Trooper and a plain-clothed cop. I had to ask. I pointed to them and asked "isn't that illegal now?" They said they were told to back-off, not to enforce anything, just be vigilant for problems. So the purpose of this stupid law was to keep Flacko from getting ammo and the police are told to let it go during the gun shows. These punks bought thousands of rounds before my eyes. I have no doubt that ammo went right to the street. So the law serves no purpose at all.
Walmart... funny story. I was there with my wife. I saw they had Winchester 100 round white box 9mm for $26. I asked for a box. He asked to see my CCW permit which I showed him. This kid scrutinized it like he was ATF. As he's ringing-up the sale my wife walks-up. I told her what a good price I found. She recommended I buy a couple more boxes. Do you know this kid asked to see my CCW permit again? Did he think it got revoked in the last five minutes? The whole ammo law is a joke. That ammo is finding it's way to the streets in the same quantities it always did.

Walmart... funny story. I was there with my wife. I saw they had Winchester 100 round white box 9mm for $26. I asked for a box. He asked to see my CCW permit which I showed him. This kid scrutinized it like he was ATF. As he's ringing-up the sale my wife walks-up. I told her what a good price I found. She recommended I buy a couple more boxes. Do you know this kid asked to see my CCW permit again? Did he think it got revoked in the last five minutes? The whole ammo law is a joke. That ammo is finding it's way to the streets in the same quantities it always did.

In addition to having to purchase ammo F2F from a licensed seller, you have to show your permission slip......:rolleyes:

You get pulled over, don't inform and you lose the gun or worse. I once had a cop ask me if there was anything in the car he needed to know about. I said no. He asked any guns or drugs? I said yes, 9mm on my hip. He went batshit. "I just asked you if you had anything I needed to know about. You had a gun and said no? You didn't think I needed to know?" My answer... "If NYS thought you had a right to know they would put it in the law. Now, is there anything else or can I go?" End of conversation; f--k-off. I wasn't arrested. What would have happened in NC?

One could but its as easy to follow the law, inform and on your way you go. I've beeen approached by Sheriff and City Cops, done as previously stated and life has gone on w/o anything excited to write about. In NC it is the law to notify, do it and that's all there is to it, hell, the Sheriff nor the Cop I've encountered care less for my gun/permit as much as they did for my vehicle registration.

One could but its as easy to follow the law, inform and on your way you go. I've beeen approached by Sheriff and City Cops, done as previously stated and life has gone on w/o anything excited to write about. In NC it is the law to notify, do it and that's all there is to it, hell, the Sheriff nor the Cop I've encountered care less for my gun/permit as much as they did for my vehicle registration.

Have had the same experiences, and never ended up in a pissing contest with a cop like our friend from NY.

any US citizen can get a lifetime NJ FID for $5, travel locked and unloaded just about anywhere, except NYC and DC.
whatever ID you have it must be valid in the city/state you are traveling in.
your firearm must be legal in the city/state of origin and DESTINATION.
search "NJ FID" and "NJSP"

XD, I saw you liked the above post. Where in the Bill of Rights does it require you to tell big brother you are armed? You're being infringed and you're OK with it. And you too require a permission slip. No background check, no weapon. Period. And two years ago you would have gone to jail for carrying in places that have never been against the law in NY.

XD, those Westchester numbers don't match mine. Not a good idea to use someone else's interpretation of data. There's always an agenda. Look at the data yourself. When was the last time you could trust a journalist. They're not in the truth business.
However, consider Westchester is basically NYC. LIBERAL enclave. Extension of city life. The masses don't want a gun. You can't take a county population of people who don't want a gun and classify them as not being allowed to have a gun. Westchester gun ownership is low all around. Much less shotguns and rifles as well. Westchester must follow the same law as every other county. NO PERSON MAY BE ARBITRARILY DENIED. What you may not know is that it was a federal court decision that allowed Westchester to restrict a permit. That court decision didn't apply to other counties. Still, some people, like business owners, only request a premise permit... in all counties. I get them all the time. I ask why they don't just get a CCW permit... same exact process. If you turn-in a CCW permit application to the sheriff marked "premise permit" he'll actually advise you to change it to unrestricted concealed carry. Call and ask him yourself... Orange County Sheriff, Station Rd., Goshen, NY (845) 291-4033.
Across the river is Orange County. 35 miles from NYC. Population 376,000. Adult population 270,000. Number of CCW permits just under 34,000. That's just about 12.6% of the adult population, or about 1 in every 9 people, 35 miles from NYC. Those numbers are real. I'm certified as an instructor by the O.C. Sheriff. Like I said, the master list is in my possession. It's large.
In another post you mentioned you didn't have to have that conflict with police like "our friend in NY." In NY that cop was powerless to screw with me. In NC he merely need say you didn't inform and your permit is gone. Read the NC statutes to confirm. And just a few years ago you'd have been arrested at a parade on a PUBLIC street or in a bar. You've caught-up.
NC will have a chance to understand better in the future. These masses of libs moving to your state will eventually sway elections. Get ready for higher tax and lots of democrats. And with democrats comes gun control. you guys might soon have a chance to see first-hand what we deal with.
XD, I can't trust your fact-check. You recently posted a statement that the U.S. never invaded another sovereign country until a "knuckle-dragging" president said "God told him to." I listed the large number of countries America has invaded in it's short life.
XD, ever heard of an American history class? To satisfy our English needs and justify our dirty deeds.
We invaded Germany (Roosevelt - Democrat), a sovereign nation.
We invaded Italy (Roosevelt - Democrat), a sovereign nation.
We invaded Japan (Truman - Democrat), a sovereign nation.
We invaded North Korea (Truman - Democrat), a sovereign nation.
We invaded Vietnam (Johnson - Democrat), a sovereign nation.
We invaded Panama (GHW Bush - GOP), a sovereign nation, in operation "Just Cause."
We invaded Grenada (Reagan - GOP), a sovereign nation, in operation "Urgent Fury."
We invaded Bosnia (Clinton - Democrat), a sovereign nation in 1992-1993.
We invaded Yemen, Sudan and Afghanistan (Clinton - Democrat), all sovereign nations, using cruise missiles.
American southerners invaded the United States in firing on Ft. Sumter (Davis - Democrat), in the American Civil War.
We invaded Mexico (Polk - Democrat), a sovereign nation, the Mexican-American War. Cause - American imperialism.
We invaded Cuba and the Philippines (McKinley - GOP), sovereign nations, the Spanish-American War. Cause - American imperialism.
We invaded the lands of the American Indian for many decades. Cause - American imperialism.
See, I told my wife no one did their homework in school. And they blame teachers?
You need to go back to that thread and defend your position/facts. They were 100% wrong as I showed you above. Thus, my numbers in NYS stand on the data.

I am going to NJ with a concealed pistol right after I slam my nuts in a car door. Why would anybody do either?

incorrect. And I teach the Safe Act and Penal Law. Only Walmart asks for a permit. That's store policy not law.

But not a Wal-Wart policy, I have never been asked for ID when buying ammo at Wal-Wart at 3 or 4 different Wal-Warts or any other places I have purchased ammo.

Another victim of N.J. gun laws

But not a Wal-Wart policy, I have never been asked for ID when buying ammo at Wal-Wart at 3 or 4 different Wal-Warts or any other places I have purchased ammo.

The latest victim to N.J. draconian gun laws, a 72 year old retired teacher was arrested for having in his possession a 1798 "Musket" an antique which is not considered
a firearm under Federal law, but not in N.J. . The man was arrested and now faces up 10 years in jail for a Musket that he had just purchased and was on his way home.
This incident occurred in Cumberland County, the story can be found at N.J. news.com ..

Yes. Similar to the no gun signs people reported at various Home Depot stores around the country. Some posted them and some didn't.

Yes. Similar to the no gun signs people reported at various Home Depot stores around the country. Some posted them and some didn't.

Then don't say it is a Walmart policy, it is a local manager policy, and given NY gun friendly restrictions it is perfectly understanding. Wal-Mart's "official position" regarding guns, and by association one can assume ammo, is to follow local laws.

I also go to Home Depot, no signs and I carry on.....

NRA X member "TROLLS"

Regarding your NRA membership, I have been noticing a lot of so called NRA members renouncing their membership for one reason or another, especially on
youtube. I and many others have concluded this is a ploy to divide and conquer by TROLLS, who give lame reasons and publicize it.
Just another lame bemused attempt by the gun control lobby. Beware NRA members don't be sucked in by these people, their new agenda is to work within
to try and divide. Don't fall for it. their all despite TROLLS.

Regarding your NRA membership, I have been noticing a lot of so called NRA members renouncing their membership for one reason or another, especially on
youtube. I and many others have concluded this is a ploy to divide and conquer by TROLLS, who give lame reasons and publicize it.
Just another lame bemused attempt by the gun control lobby. Beware NRA members don't be sucked in by these people, their new agenda is to work within
to try and divide. Don't fall for it. their all despite TROLLS.

You need to clarify the above. Exactly what the hell are you trying to say?

I hate these damn political robo calls before an election anyway, and when an organization such as the N R A calls and asks me to vote for a anti-gun anti-2A candidate, well they will never have my support again.

I left the NRA. I was a member for many years but decided my membership wasn't doing anything to help NY. When it came to the Safe Act they abandoned NYS members.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back