CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Anybody carrying a small .45?

I did not find the XDS to snappy at all...WAY better than my LCP and that's a .380. A bit more than a 9mm but very manageable.

My Ultra carry is certainly a comfortable piece but I must tell ya, the CDP II is my baby. With my 1911 love affair, I have to state for the record, the Glock 22 Gen 3/4 just ain't bad. I traded for a new one today. The Gen 4 is just built nice with the 15+1 carry options. I switch off depending on time, place and temperature. In the Phoenix area yesterday, the temperatures broke records. One area, Chandler, was posted to be 119 degrees. The Ultra-Carry fits the bill nicely.

Currently, my primary carry is the subcompact .45GAP Glock 39.
Capacity = 6+1 with a 10 round mag as a spare.

My current carry is a Firestorm mini compact. About the same size as a Para Warthawg. Double stack 10+1 of 45 goodness

What's the possibility of pocket carry with the XDS? Currently pocket carry a Colt Ultra Elite .380, and might give it up for the XDS.

My EDC is a .45 compact, it is not the beast to shoot I imagined it to be. accurate and controllable. Had to break after 100 rounds as my forearm was a little fatigued, it's a step up from a 9mm no doubt. no complaints from my hands or joints the next day.... somehow ".45" and "little" don't seem right in the same sentence. I'm sold on them.

Hi
I am a firm believer in a 45 caliber for ccw
I have 4
a Glock 30 that is two heavy with 10 and one in the pipe its now my truck gun I have a Kahr CW 45 great shooter 6 with one in the pipe plus a 7 round mag I carry it in a cheap shoulder holster that is very comfortable a Colt Defender that I just think is the best there is I carry it IBW with an additional 7 round mag. And a ATI Titan IBW it's just a little heavy but a good shooter too. I feel with a 45 caliber you haven't over penetrated and if someone is wearing body armor like in CO. You have knocked him on his A_ _ and he's wondering WTF just kicked me on my A_ _. At 30 feet and I've gained control. They all shoot great the recoil is manageable and I shoot 3" groups with all of them.
And if I want to carry a bug for Bear hunting it should stop them too something about a big bore 45 serves all my needs. I'm proficient with all of them.
Link Removed

Very good choices, Have a 2 Colts myself, on the Glock have you checked out a G-36, much narrower than a 30, and lighter

My wife and I are very new to shooting, Her first gun is a lcp, I chose the new XDS. I think the lcp has more recoil than the xds, my wife agrees with me, and she shoots the xds better. Like i said i'm just starting out but at 7 yards i'm doing 4-5 inch groupings with the xds. I love it.

I carry the Xds .45 for my EDC; looking to order the 7-round extended magazine. I know shot placement is key WTSHTF, but 5-6 round capacity is cuttin it close....

Thank you Rocket geezer
I have checked out the G36. I am becoming addicted to the 1911 platform partially because I can dress them up some and have a more personalized weapon. Link Removed
But after reading and studying ballistic tables I'm beginning to rethink my 3" barrels and I am leaning to 5" barrels to get the most out of my ammunition for tactual and self defense situations.

Email