Michael Brown

Link Removed

A "game-changer?" Unless and until the speaker is identified and the prosecutor has the opportunity to cross-examine him (assuming he would be a defense witness for Wilson on the extreme off-chance that he'll ever be charged with something), that audio isn't even going to be part of the "game."

New detail. Now there is a witness saying that the teen turned around and bumrushed the cop.

Link Removed

This is a conversation between people that have no vested interest in this. It's looking more like the police officer had a good shoot now. Of course, we'll see if more details change anything further.

I would think plenty of measures are being taken to find this witness so he can be identified and cross examined.

What we do know is that Michael Brown did not have a criminal record, graduated from high school and was enrolled in college with plans on becoming an HVAC tech. What can be agreed from the cops story is that Michael Brown and a friend were walking in the street instead of the sidewalk and that his 6' 4" 300 pound presence may have intimidated the cop. We won't know more until the police cruiser audio/video or lapel camera footage is released.

He could be the valedictorian, work 3 jobs to support his family, and be enrolled in the engineering program at MIT - If you are in the cop car, escape, then charge the cops, sht happens.
EYEWITNESS AT SCENE OF CRIME Vindicates #Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson in #MikeBrown Shooting (VIDEO With Captions) | The Gateway Pundit

9:38: smoke and tear gas thrown at protestors. Sometime after sundown- photo of an 8 year old boy- sitting on the ground- injured from tear gas.

Anyone besides me wondering first- 1) wth is a kid doing protesting w. his family after dark in this dangerous area & 2) I would've expected all LE to go above and behind to kick out families w. Kids in tow before throwing out tear gas for Pete's sake.

Also, I don't know that the eyewitness matters. Nothing says he has to talk if questioned (if they can prove the ID of the guy), audio might be admissible depending on the judge:
An excited utterance, in the law of evidence, is a statement made by a person in response to a startling or shocking event or condition. It is an unplanned reaction to a "startling event". It is an exception to the hearsay rule. The statement must be spontaneously made by the person (the declarant) while still under the stress of excitement from the event or condition. The subject matter and content of the statement must "relate to" event or condition.
But that is only if it goes to trial. Are there dashcams that haven't been released? That with the witnesses taped utterance could get the case thrown out.

The autopsy also goes against the previous morgue source that says the wounds were mostly in the back and side.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

He could be the valedictorian, work 3 jobs to support his family, and be enrolled in the engineering program at MIT - If you are in the cop car, escape, then charge the cops, sht happens.
EYEWITNESS AT SCENE OF CRIME Vindicates #Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson in #MikeBrown Shooting (VIDEO With Captions) | The Gateway Pundit

I am not taking one side or the other. I am not saying that Michael Brown was an innocent angel, just that the common reaction to a black youth being shot by the police has been dismissive of the wannabe gangster or thug. The police have been changing their story about the stop. Was Michael Brown stopped for J walking and contempt of cop, or was he stopped as a shoplifting suspect? Is there evidence that he stole from the convenience store? If so, man that was stupid to give the cop a reason to stop you. Get out of the middle of the street. "Yes sir, have a nice day".

The initial reaction to not releasing the police tapes has been, if it where a clean shoot they would have broadcasted the video within 24 hours so therefore it must have been a bad shoot and the police are trying to hide it. Who knows, the police union may have blocked the video until they had a chance to have experts review it.

Link Removed. So every night but one since Brown was killed, cops have fired tear gas and rubber bullets into the crowds. What more force do they need? The cops already have all the military surplus they have room to warehouse it in. It's only had eight days of exercise but now more MRAPs, up-armored Humvees and actual war-fighters are needed? Guess it's time for a repeat of the Katrina response, going door-to-door disarming the restless natives, beating up grannies, clearing the stores that are getting looted so the cops can get some for themselves. Gonna be another entertaining news week I guess.

The initial reaction to not releasing the police tapes has been, if it where a clean shoot they would have broadcasted the video within 24 hours so therefore it must have been a bad shoot and the police are trying to hide it. Who knows, the police union may have blocked the video until they had a chance to have experts review it.

Nick, I have to differ with you on this. Rules of evidence require that video evidence such as a dash cam not be releases during an ongoing investigation so that it doesn't pollute the jury pool. The fact that YouTube has made the early release of eyewitness videos the norm rather than the exception does not make it right.

Nick, I have to differ with you on this. Rules of evidence require that video evidence such as a dash cam not be releases during an ongoing investigation so that it doesn't pollute the jury pool. The fact that YouTube has made the early release of eyewitness videos the norm rather than the exception does not make it right.

FYI: The Ferguson Police currently does not have dash cams or body cams installed. They own a total of "18 patrol cars," "two dashboard cameras and two wearable body cameras, but the equipment hasn't been installed because the department doesn't have the money to cover that cost." At least that's their excuse. Source: No police dashcams in Ferguson - CNN.com

"two dashboard cameras and two wearable body cameras, but the equipment hasn't been installed because the department doesn't have the money to cover that cost." At least that's their excuse. Source: No police dashcams in Ferguson - CNN.com

But if they need an MWRAP, money might become available I would hazard to guess.

So the administration once again interferes in an investigation. Not only has Obama weighed in, but Holder has ordered a second autopsy, to be performed by a fed ME.

Link Removed

I want to THROW UP at these opportunists- who continually want to disrespect & make upstanding members of the black community look bad- as they leech onto anything that will allow them to scream racism. Its been non stop breaking news on tv- this "innocent guy"- who did nothing. who was an innocent bystander who was walking with his grandmother (which is different from what grandma says- She says, she was driving and saw her grandson running)- and SHOT IN DEAD BROAD LIGHT- and all the RIOTING and LOOTING afterwards, according to the NAACP was due to anguished young ones- who, through hurt- had exhibited these actions. OH SHUT UP. A cop shot this kid for no reason right? So quick to jump to conclusions of course. Mind you Fergeuson is NOT an all white community by any means- its a community of largely black citizens. St. Louis is not some midwest city known for its racism. (undoubtedly, racism exists everywhere, just as does coffee.)

Mom was on TV- right away- crying about "how hard she had to just get him to go to high school" etc etc... what kind of people are able to be on tv. right after their son has been shot? Not me. Takes a special kind of special to do that. Two days later- mom and dad are on tv with their attorney. Mom had time to go to the hair salon to get her hair done- i'm guessing bc she felt she didn't look her best on tv the first time-. There she stands- a single line of tear- here and there- never everywhere. If that was me. my EYES WOULD BE SWOLLEN. I would scream if some opportunist lawyer from some expensive cooperation asked me if i would be on tv with him. I would say, do you not see? My child just died. I wouldn't say- ok- I'm going to go get my hair done.

So- mom stood there- SAID NOTHING. No elaborate words of wisdom. and when it was her turn at the mic- she throws out a line of tear- looks downward- and says- oh lordy lordy lordy- really?? Are you really here to honor and commemorate your son- or are you here to show off your new hair style and outfit? Oh LORDY.

Soooo many people showed up for protesting- including today- hmmm.... i wonder if these people called into work first before taking the day off? The looting- in honor of mike brown of course- involved about 13 stores in the fergeson area- and included cell phone stores, sports stores that sold athlete gear - stores that sold women's hair extensions. A QT gas station completely burned down. An Auto Tire store completely looted. What a state of chaos. But I expected it. Even the news stated that this reaction was "expected"...hmmm....

Your kidding right? Ever lose a child?

Sad

Howdy,

The autopsy also goes against the previous morgue source that says the wounds were mostly in the back and side.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

This morning the news stated that Brown was shot 6 times, 4 times in the arm and shoulder and twice in the head with one of the head shot entering the top of the skull downward suggesting that Brown was bent over at the waist or leaning forward at the time. Also stated that there wasn't any gunpowder burns suggesting that there were considerable distance between the muzzle and Brown.

It's a shame that there aren't dash cams, body cams and various security cams in the area.

Paul

I may sound like I am defending the rioters but I am curious what options the rioters have been given. Wait for the law to take care of it (the shooting). The "law" is what killed the kid to begin with. The fox is in the hen house and he ain't leaving. I ask the question...how many more innocent lives need to be lost to LEO without any sort of backlash. If it was my kid that was gunned down by cops I am not so sure I could sit back and wait for courtroom antics...as if it would ever get to a courtroom. The country nearly burned to the ground in the sixties...not because of the Vietnam war but because of police brutality against our black fellow citizens. Some of you young cops need to read some US history about Newark, Detroit, Oakland, LA, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and all the others. You guys are building a bigger powder keg this time. BTW, I am a white guy that could see the smoke rising above the DC skyline in 68 after King was murdered. I was 12 miles away.

I agree with your statement.

What a total bunch of bull crap you just posted

Simpletons can't wait for the real rioting to begin. Your pants won't be full of bull crap when it starts...your pants will be full of your crap. Oh wait...you are a gun guy aren't you. Oh wait...maybe you are a cop in which case you can start shooting anytime you want...right now if it suits you. That's right, you can defend yourself...at least for as long as your rounds in the magazine last. Tough guys like you always whimper the best. When you are overwhelmed by the hoards after your 9mm is empty please don't cry like a little baby...I will just laugh!

Yup

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back