Michael Brown

I see an interesting resemblance in this conflict.

Looters = Hamas: insane justification for violent actions.
Police = Israel: insane justification for violent actions.
Fergasons/Media = Palestinians: casualties.

I may sound like I am defending the rioters but I am curious what options the rioters have been given. Wait for the law to take care of it (the shooting). The "law" is what killed the kid to begin with. The fox is in the hen house and he ain't leaving. I ask the question...how many more innocent lives need to be lost to LEO without any sort of backlash. If it was my kid that was gunned down by cops I am not so sure I could sit back and wait for courtroom antics...as if it would ever get to a courtroom. The country nearly burned to the ground in the sixties...not because of the Vietnam war but because of police brutality against our black fellow citizens. Some of you young cops need to read some US history about Newark, Detroit, Oakland, LA, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and all the others. You guys are building a bigger powder keg this time. BTW, I am a white guy that could see the smoke rising above the DC skyline in 68 after King was murdered. I was 12 miles away.

They could at least have waited for the facts to come out?

I see an interesting resemblance in this conflict.

Looters = Hamas: insane justification for violent actions.
Police = Israel: insane justification for violent actions.
Fergasons/Media = Palestinians: casualties.

Really? How is Israel using "insane justification for violent actions"? Their country is being attacked by an organization that has in their charter the destruction of Israel and the killing of all Jews. How can defending yourself against that be insane? Regarding the "Palestinians"
If you are so sure that ” Palestine , the country, goes back through most of recorded history,” I expect you to be able to answer a few basic questions about that country of Palestine :
•When was it founded and by whom?
•What were its borders?
•What was its capital?
•What were its major cities?
•What constituted the basis of its economy?
•What was its form of government?
•Was Palestine ever recognized by a country whose existence, at that time or now, leaves no room for interpretation?
•What was the language of the country of Palestine ?
•What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine ?
•What was the name of its currency? Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US dollar, German mark, GB pound, Japanese yen, or Chinese yuan on that date.
•And, finally, since there is no such country today, what caused its demise and when did it occur?

Palestine definition from dictionary.com
Palestine | Define Palestine at Dictionary.com
Historic region on the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea, comprising parts of modern Israel, Jordan, and Egypt.

Note : Known as the Holy Land, it is a place of pilgrimage for several religions, including Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.

Note : Israel, the homeland of the Jews, was established in Palestine in 1948. The Palestine Liberation Organization, under Yasir Arafat, is committed to establishing a Palestinian state, which would include territory on the West Bank and Gaza Strip now partially occupied by Israel.

Really? How is Israel using "insane justification for violent actions"? Their country is being attacked by an organization that has in their charter the destruction of Israel and the killing of all Jews. How can defending yourself against that be insane?

If a group of extremists in OR were to have a charter to kill my entire family in WA, that doesn't give me justification to kill anyone from OR in self-defense.

Think about this: How many Jews have died? How many Palestinians have died? How many Hamas members have died?

Regarding the "Palestinians"
If you are so sure that ” Palestine , the country, goes back through most of recorded history,” I expect you to be able to answer a few basic questions about that country of Palestine

Ask yourself, when and where have I said "Palestine, the country, goes back through most of recorded history."

Pm me, or go to the Hamas /Israel threads to continue this line of thought. Unless you want to correlate it to the original topic...discussions over.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Can both Chen's please agree to disagree and stop attacking each other?

Yes. I'm not on here to troll- I just don't appreciate his tone when he disagrees w. people. I've seen it in plenty of other threads. He's rude and it curbs good people's participation.

The progression of this story is certainly interesting. Different sides telling one story. One picture (of many) - with different accounts.

PD "regime" change ups. And complete polar opposite LE involvement- in the looting. How do you all feel about them being ordered to stand down - regarding the late night/early morning sat. looting. IMO - it was the LE's way of sticking it to the public bc of being poorly portrayed by media- so they show up- to say- this is what it's like when we don't get involved.

And what to make of this curfew?
(This is martial law correct? Even though HP is enforcing it- sans military enforcement- this IS martial law?) IMO - if they can justify doing it once- they can apply it again. And again. Precedence has been set.

And coming from a big city in china- and only going back for short stay visits- it's hard to see the grips of a communist totalitarian govt- until you do little things- like google Tiananmen Square- and nothing of the student stopping the tank in peaceful protest- comes up.

Makes me wonder what kind of country my kids will be living in when they're watching the news with THEIR kids.

It's also made me think about my FNC (but it applies to the likes of all shows left wing as well- CNN). I would like to add some shows to my lineup that come from sources that don't have an interest in left or right- any suggestions?

Michael Brown is just another thug that won't be collecting welfare off the backs of hard working tax payers

Michael Brown is just another thug that won't be collecting welfare off the backs of hard working tax payers

While I agree that it looks like he's a bad guy, it doesn't mean that cops should be executing him. Don't forget, it's not just bad guys that end up having to deal with cops.

I'm having trouble finding any information on Michael Brown being on welfare. Can I read the information you have?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

There have been reports that Michael Brown was enrolled at St. Louis' Vatterott College, starting this fall, i.e., staring now. Most people that go to some sort of college won't be collecting welfare later in their life. Having said that, getting convicted of a store robbery could have gotten him thrown out of college, especially if he was relying on any financial aid.

What we do know is that Michael Brown did not have a criminal record, graduated from high school and was enrolled in college with plans on becoming an HVAC tech. What can be agreed from the cops story is that Michael Brown and a friend were walking in the street instead of the sidewalk and that his 6' 4" 300 pound presence may have intimidated the cop. We won't know more until the police cruiser audio/video or lapel camera footage is released.

Howdy,

The militarization of the LEO community started under Reagan and exploded under Lil' George. When the LEO Community expanded it's militarization under Lil' George it was done so that the Right could feel safer and anyone that didn't agree and go along with the "Plan" was called "unPatriotic" and "unAerican" and were accused of supporting terrorist.

Paul

Uh huh, I'm sure there were no "lefties" begging for more Police State Tyranny....

For the record, the militarization of AmeriKa's policing began before Reagan. The process began slowly during the Civil Rights Movement, picked up steam under Nixon with his "War on Drugs" an then was continued in big ways with Reagan, Bush Senior, Clinton, Bush Junior and has been again amplified under Obama. Two of the greatest encroachments upon our Liberty have been the PATRIOT Act under Dubya and the successive NDAA acts under your man, Barry.

Stop pretending that tyranny only comes under the guise of an (R)epublican, the fact is that both sides of the proverbial isle want more government power for their own specific (albeit almost identical) reasons. More directly, there is only one political party agenda. Only lemmings believe in there being two different parties, especially one standing for Liberty. Your precious (D)emocrats will further enslave us just the same as the (R)epublicans.

I'm having trouble finding any information on Michael Brown not being on welfare.
And what does that have to do with a possibly bad shoot by LE? If his parents were on welfare then he was too. At 18-years-old few people aren't dependent on someone.
And some of us juvenile delinquents grew-up to be law-abiding citizens who employed others and pay our taxes.

New detail. Now there is a witness saying that the teen turned around and bumrushed the cop.

Link Removed

An approximate transcription of the background conversation, as related by the “Conservative Treehouse” blog:

@6:28/6:29 of video

#1 How’d he get from there to there?

#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck

{crosstalk**

#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him

{crosstalk**

#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –

[there is dispute here whether he says "doubled back" or "coming back."]

#1. Oh, the police got his gun

#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him

This is a conversation between people that have no vested interest in this. It's looking more like the police officer had a good shoot now. Of course, we'll see if more details change anything further.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back