Michael Brown

Unarmed? Michael Brown was very armed:
He was armed with two gigantic hands at the ends of his very long arms.
He was armed with a felonius thug attitude.
He was armed with the experience gained from brutally attacking people.
He was armed with the confidence gained from repeatedly strong arming people.
He was armed with the success of violently shaking down innocent people for whatever it was he wanted.
He was armed with 6'4" height and 300 lbs of mass that could be used to intimidate and frighten.
He was armed with the sure knowledge that comes from committing a successful act over and over.
Unarmed.....not hardly.

Maybe Ferguson will help turn the trend of militarization of police departments. Clearly it made things worse, and that has been recognized.

If this kid is truly the one who robbed the store, on camera, in broad daylight, then he is a hardened punk. I would expect such a person might make an aggressive move toward a LEO officer. If he is the guy on the video then stopping him for questioning was indeed the right thing. I've been telling people for years that these inner-city little thugs are afraid of N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

From an acquaintance on another forum:

"Read the police report of the incident. The filing officer states that he was at an apartment complex located behind a Mcdonalds. The report said that the dispatch was for a 2120-Stealing In progress. The report was that he responded to the location of the theft and that the suspect was walking to the QT on W. Florissant--which is less than 1000 ft from the Mcdonalds where he received the call.

"Since the name of the business reporting the theft was redacted we can't tell how far that was away from the QT and how long it took to respond and/or search. He took the original report then searched back up Florissant to the QT but didn't find the suspect.

"The next narrative in the report was on MONDAY 8/11. In this account from a witness they said that the suspect had pushed the clerk. NOTE: the assertion of any violence was only made 2 days after the shooting. If any police before that time had encountered the suspect it would have been for $50, a Class A Misdemeanor in Missouri.

"The officer filing the report was also present at the shooting scene. It was AFTER the shooting that he reviewed tapes and determined that Brown and Johnson were the suspects. How long after is not clear."

If Dorian Johnson was suspected of being an accomplice as of MONDAY 8/11/14, why wasn't, or hasn't he been, arrested? If the cop had probable cause to question Brown and Johnson on Saturday the 9th, why wasn't Johnson arrested or sought after the shooting for fleeing?

At this point no less than three witnesses have been quoted as saying that Brown was killed while attempting to surrender. Only Johnson, if the two really were involved in the robbery, could've possibly known about the stolen merchandise. The other two's stories are identical on the "trying to surrender" part of their stories, as are they both with Johnson's account on that score.

Bottom line for me, while the just-revealed evidence may change how Brown and Johnson are viewed as "they were just minding their own business," it changes nothing about the that specific question of how the killing killing went down.

By the way, I'm 6'-6" and have been over 300 lbs. in my life. My walkin'-around weight has been around 250 for the last seven or eight years. The size of Michael Brown may give someone who knew before the contact that he fit the description of the robber articulable suspicion to contact them, but from those still pics, I can't identify his face, and the report(s) make it very unclear whether or not Wilson even had foreknowledge of Brown's size. There's lots of us big'uns around. It could still be a case of mistaken identity, which I believe the report(s) lend at least as much credence to as not because of the gap in time between narratives. In any case, the killing still stinks to me.

Blues

Hmmm... So it turns out that Brown's friend may have been covering for his friend (yes, I know the friend was cleared). Surprise, surprise, surprise. Just walking down the middle of the road, talking, minding their own business.

I guess that's why there is video footage of "good boy" Brown robbing a store, manhandling the owner, just minutes before he was shot. The officer who came back to deal with him was actually responding to the 911 call. Wonder if that had anything to do with Brown's decision to fight the officer? Was the shooting justified? Remains to be seen.

If the store owner had been armed, maybe the police shooting would never have taken place.

Police: Brown suspect in robbery before shooting - CNN.com

Hmmm... So it turns out that Brown's friend may have been covering for his friend (yes, I know the friend was cleared). Surprise, surprise, surprise. Just walking down the middle of the road, talking, minding their own business.

I guess that's why there is video footage of "good boy" Brown robbing a store, manhandling the owner, just minutes before he was shot. The officer who came back to deal with him was actually responding to the 911 call. Wonder if that had anything to do with Brown's decision to fight the officer? Was the shooting justified? Remains to be seen.

If the store owner had been armed, maybe the police shooting would never have taken place.

Police: Brown suspect in robbery before shooting - CNN.com

As to the bold part, wrong. The afternoon presser included the following:

The Ferguson, Mo., police officer who shot Michael Brown Saturday did not initially stop Brown because he was a suspect in a convenience store robbery that took place minutes before, the city police chief said Friday.

"The robbery does not relate to the initial contact between the officer (Darren Wilson) and Michael Brown," Ferguson police chief Thomas Jackson said at a Friday afternoon press conference. "The initial contact between the officer and Mr. Brown was not related to the robbery."

The police released information earlier Friday that Brown, 18, had been the "primary suspect" for shoplifting cigars from a convenience store minutes prior to his fatal confrontation with Wilson. Jackson had said earlier in the day that a description of the suspect had been circulated prior to Brown's shooting. But the police chief sought to clarify later Friday that Wilson did not stop Brown because of the robbery.

Jackson emphasized repeatedly that the robbery had "nothing to do with the stop." Wilson stopped Brown and his friend Dorian Johnson "because they were walking down the middle of the street, blocking traffic," Jackson said.

As far as the cop knew, all they did was walk down the middle of the street. Jackson knew that this morning when he lied about Wilson responding to a robbery call. Release of the video is completely unrelated to the shooting, even to the initial contact.

Other misdemeanors in Missouri you should be shot for:

Civil/Criminal Adjudication of Violation: I. Driving 5 MPH Over the Speed Limit is an Infraction. �304.009.1
II. Driving 20 MPH Over the Speed Limit is a Class B Misdemeanor. �304.010.10
III. A Violation of the Basic Speed Rule is a Class B Misdemeanor. �304.012.2
IV. A Violation of the Basic Speed Rule which results in an accident is a Class A Misdemeanor. �304.012.2
V. Driving so as to Impede Traffic is a Misdemeanor.[SUP](6)[/SUP] ��304.11.1 & 304.570.1
VI. All Other Speed Law Violations, including driving <40 MPH on a Federal Interstate, are Class C Misdemeanors. ��304.010.10 & 304.011.2

Ya with me on that ezkl?

Blues

Now we begin to see why I didn't trust either side in this incident.

I saw a pretty reasonable analysis by somebody yesterday who posited that Brown was NOT stopped for the robbery but THOUGHT he was. That might well have prompted a stupid and aggressive interaction with the cop that got him shot.

Of course that doesn't automatically justify the shooting. It just makes it somewhat more likely that it was justifiable.

Of course BOTH sides could still be lying. It's happened before.

The police does seem to let the looting continue.

Well, that's the problem with a militarized police force and with a police force doesn't seem to have the right training. They have only an on/off switch. They either tear-gas and rubber-bullet everyone in the neighborhood or they just idly stand by. The concept of proportional response followed by deescalation does not exist with this type of police force.

This is also, obviously, a result of the broken trust between the residents and the police force. The current law enforcement in charge fears that they just aggravate the situation by intervening, since that is exactly what the previous law enforcement in charge did.

Interesting night coming up: Link Removed.

Hmmm, that is like a rule or a regulation or something right? Yeah, the rapers and pillagers have been real concerned with those. I see this as the beginning of martial law in Ferguson. Wonder how far it will spread...

So, here is an interesting story:

A lot of this doesn't make sense and some of this even contradicts the PD statement about what the officer knew at the time (unless the PD lied, sorry, misspoke). It looks like the PD needs more time go get their story straight.

At least now we know why this is taking so long. The PD apparently is waiting on the toxicology report. If Mike Brown was on drugs, it would bolster the officer's version. Now, if Mike Brown was shot in the back from a distance, it would certainly tank the officer's version.

So, here is an interesting story:

Josie On The Dana Show 8-15-14 - YouTube

A lot of this doesn't make sense and some of this even contradicts the PD statement about what the officer knew at the time (unless the PD lied, sorry, misspoke). It looks like the PD needs more time go get their story straight.

At least now we know why this is taking so long. The PD apparently is waiting on the toxicology report. If Mike Brown was on drugs, it would bolster the officer's version. Now, if Mike Brown was shot in the back from a distance, it would certainly tank the officer's version.

Do you happen to know what time Loesche's show is on in STL? That caller's story could be more or less consistent with the morning press conference on the 15th (Friday) that the Chief held, but been converted into a total fabrication by his early afternoon presser where he said that the robbery call had zero to do with Wilson's contact with Brown and Johnson. If she's really relating Wilson's narrative, Wilson is in big trouble because not only does the community hate him at this point, but apparently his Chief does too since his afternoon presser is diametrically opposed to that lady's version of why Wilson contacted the pair.

Blues

Do you happen to know what time Loesche's show is on in STL?

No, I don't. The image says 12-3 CT (STL time zone).

That caller's story could be more or less consistent with the morning press conference on the 15th (Friday) that the Chief held, but been converted into a total fabrication by his early afternoon presser where he said that the robbery call had zero to do with Wilson's contact with Brown and Johnson. If she's really relating Wilson's narrative, Wilson is in big trouble because not only does the community hate him at this point, but apparently his Chief does too since his afternoon presser is diametrically opposed to that lady's version of why Wilson contacted the pair.

Blues

Could be an explanation. The Chief could also be just incompetent, i.e., he shouldn't have implied either variant of what the officer knew due to the ongoing investigation, but inadvertently did so by combining the store robbery report with naming the officer.

Seeing as you demanded specific instances from me, here are some for you to find:

You seem to follow him around this forum.

SHOW me where I have been following blues around.

You don't think you have responded to blues in this thread.

SHOW ME where I have responded to blues. 10 total posts including this one, not once did I respond to him.

I stated "to blame JUST the company instead of the man"- was regarding people such as yourself- who have hardly spoken of the cop as an individual- without grouping him into a company of like minded killing individuals that you seem to know as cops.

SHOW ME where I blame JUST the company instead of the man.

Of my 10 posts, 3 have addressed the pig as an individual. One of my posts demonstrates how the world works when it comes to the legal fault of a companies worker who commits a crime.

And as for you Blue- did you happen to look up the definition of a bigot? Openmindness and bigotry don't go hand in hand. I'm prejudice but I will sway my opinions when i hear good point. So if anyone is capable of being a Bigot- it is you. Find me a thread where you have humbly told someone- hey sorry. I am wrong and from here on- I change my opinion. - where you have not vehemently stuck to your perspective?

One day- it will be just you and FFCHEN on here- talking to each other- bc neither one of you can find a way to respectfully disagree with people.

You think you're something special on here? Most people don't type out their disagreement with you bc you have the time to type out your verbal "assaults"- and they don't. If you're going to go as far as make it this nasty- and telling me that you don't give two craps about what I think- then press ignore and get the hell off my thread. :D

You live off these threads don't you? You live off of taking people's words and making big lengthy speeds about them. "How have I tried to censor you... Blah ... I'm not the moderator" well obviously. You say obvious and very stupid things- just for the sake of an argument. You're not here to learn. You're here to argue. Why are you here?? What have YOU learned from this forum? I would say you've contributed good information. From which I myself have learned. But how about you? Or do you think you're God- and FFCHEN your pathetic little bigot calling apostle?

And lastly - to answer your question- regarding if the two witnesses are proven right- and how I would react to it. What do you think? I would be the first one here to say- I was wrong. And it's a lesson learned. But here's a question for you- are YOU capable of learning and admitting when YOU are wrong?

Have I called you a bigot? I am transparent and accountable enough to announce my prejudice against thugs- yet with your all against LEO and UNCLE SAM IS COMING FOR YA- I could say you sound like bigot AND a traitor-

So much hate in this post. I also see a little bit of religious intolerance too. If you haven't been on here long enough to know blues HAS changed his mind and even some of his day to day actions, due to many people on this forum, then you are in no place to be judging him. But...to define this entire post in one word, it would be "hateful".

1) laughable. did I call you a chink? Reread that paragraph. I told you that I found the term bigot as offensive as IF I were to call you an ignorant chink. You on the other hand - in your first response said the term chink was not offensive at all. So I thought- ok? He missed the point. But I guess you didn't get the attention you wanted. And now you're accusing me, a Chinese immigrant from shanghai, china- with the same last name as you- of being racist against you, by supposedly calling you a Chinese slur? I was making the analogy so that you did not confuse my "proudly proclaimed prejudice" as me welcoming someone calling me a bigot. You're so eager to argue- bc you're the one filled with hate- and will not read my words.

So you don't understand the difference, from a racial standpoint, between bigot and chink. You can't own up to fact only YOU have brought race into this thread multiple times. You think just because you are Chinese you can use the word chink without it being racial? Do you also think black people can call each other niggers without racial ramifications?

2) I would not be so forward to think you would even be humble enough to learn from me. We very well know I meant- you learning from the REST of the posters- to which I said- you're not here to learn. You're here to "teach" your parrot calls.

I learn quite a bit from a lot of the posters on here, but it would take a lot more than humbleness to learn from such a hateful person as yourself. My parrot calls must be when I express the same kind of unconfirmed information from unconfirmed sources as you do. You must enjoy "teaching" bull crap as your "own viewpoint" based on pure speculation. What is sad, is my posts were satirical, while your posts you actual believe it.

Do you know what justifies blaming an entire company for. I can't think of many examples that can hold a whole company/industry responsible- but I can get close- and it involved heavy ramifications.

I work in an investment firm. What I do- the company is liable for. And As everyone can recall- When the mortgage asset backed securities hit it's bubble in 2007-08 and it was found out that badly rated loans were underwritten as junk to be given to traders to sell. THAT was the example of an industry wide bad call- THAT is one of the better examples of blaming an entire company. I was living in nyc at the time - and it was awful- (besides CEOs getting fired.) Big companies tanked. My friends at Lehman and Bear lost their jobs. There were a lot of innocent casualties caught in the crossfire. People who were approved of these mortgages lost their homes. Investors who invested not knowing what backed their securities lost retirements. That's what industry wide- "justice" looks like after people have been made accountable (and not accountable enough given the golden parachutes).

In the eyes of the law, it's fairly easy for someone to blame an entire company. Union Pacific recently had a train hit a trailer full of veterans and their families. Despite that the crossing was working as intended, gave the required amount of warning time, had all lights and gates working, the parade did not have the appropriate permits, and the tractor operator still sat on the crossing, who was blamed? UNION PACIFIC, the ENTIRE company. Blame was pushed so far, crossings in EVERY STATE WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI were under investigation.

Your investment firm, including you and your incompetent investor friends, are also a good example of company wide blame.

Police departments, are also a good example of company wide blame. Except when their company makes a bad call, the casualty isn't a lost job, it's a lost LIFE. While your friends can find a new job and a new home, those that get executed by police don't get to do that ever again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back