Castle Doctrine For Ohio

KimberRB

Well today the Castle doctrine went into affect in Ohio. This is a big step in the right direction for the state of Ohio. We have come a long way here in Ohio as far as CCW goes.

Congratulations! I'm glad we have it here in SC. It's actually a Victims Rights law. Now watch crime drop!

That's great news. What would be even better would be if Ohio would next fix the vehicle carry law to allow people to carry however they choose, like all the other CCW states do.

That's great news. What would be even better would be if Ohio would next fix the vehicle carry law to allow people to carry however they choose, like all the other CCW states do.

If you are talking about the law that requires the gun be carried in plain site. I believe thats already been done away with.

Congrats Ohio! Another step in the right direction. Now you just need to push for Stand Your Ground and Take Your Gun To Work laws!

If you are talking about the law that requires the gun be carried in plain site. I believe thats already been done away with.

I know that. The new law didn't change anything for people who don't carry on their persons, however. It can be in a purse or bag that is zipped up, or in a locked glovebox, console, or other lockable container that is in plain sight. CCW holders, even under the new law, still can't carry under the seat or in an unlocked console or glovebox. That's the portion of the law I was referring to that needs to be worked on.

congrats to all the people in ohio.
kind of a shame to think of it that way though, that you actually need permition to defend your own home and all the people in it.

I know that. The new law didn't change anything for people who don't carry on their persons, however. It can be in a purse or bag that is zipped up, or in a locked glovebox, console, or other lockable container that is in plain sight. CCW holders, even under the new law, still can't carry under the seat or in an unlocked console or glovebox. That's the portion of the law I was referring to that needs to be worked on.

The new law makes unlocked gloveboxes and vehicle consoles legal.

The new law makes unlocked gloveboxes and vehicle consoles legal.

When did that pass? The preemption law (which ended up invalidating an AWB in Columbus) passed in 2006 over Gov. Bob Taft's veto allowed people to carry concealed on their persons instead of the previous requirement that they be in plain sight. Also, it allowed purse carry in vehicles, but glovebox and console carry were allowed only if they were locked. Has there been another law passed since 2006 changing that?

When did that pass? The preemption law (which ended up invalidating an AWB in Columbus) passed in 2006 over Gov. Bob Taft's veto allowed people to carry concealed on their persons instead of the previous requirement that they be in plain sight. Also, it allowed purse carry in vehicles, but glovebox and console carry were allowed only if they were locked. Has there been another law passed since 2006 changing that?

Yes, Senate Bill 184 passed in the spring and took effect 9-9-08. In addition to the Castle Doctrine, an amendment was attached that implemented some improvements for CCW like what I mentioned earlier.

Link Removed

Yes, Senate Bill 184 passed in the spring and took effect 9-9-08. In addition to the Castle Doctrine, an amendment was attached that implemented some improvements for CCW like what I mentioned earlier.

Link Removed

I stand corrected. This was something I thought I had stayed on top of for the past couple of years, but for some reason it managed to slip by me without my knowledge. It's about time.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back