Zimmerman to be charged

He has a good chance of being found not guilty in Florida because Second Degree Murder in this case is a ridiculous charge - with an exceptionally high burden of proof that is going to be exceedingly difficult to meet.

For people who want 'justice' they should be outraged that this is what the state decided to pursue. This case is set up for failure. Can you imagine the riots that will go down from those crying racial crime if/when he gets acquitted?

Bloomberg is getting his panties all in a twist over Fl.SYG law now.Personally I think he needs to mind his own business.The fact of the matter is the SYG law should not even come into play with Zimmerman.He was on the ground having his head caved in by Martin.The act of shooting was purely self defence,and it worked.I blieve Zimmerman will eventually be aquitted of the charges,but he is certainly going through hell now,and for the forseeable future.

Lot's of good responses. I believe to claim any form of self-defense one must be entirely innocent and must not contribute to the escalation of the incident. When I teach defense of justification (NYS PL Article 35) I like to use a specific road-rage example.

Two drivers, one cuts off the other. Driver #2 flips the bird. Driver #1 returns the bird. Driver #2 pulls in front. Driver #1 tailgates. Driver #2 locks his brakes. Both pull over and begin argueing. The argument turns to a physical altercation. One driver pulls a knife, the other pulls a gun and fires. Neither of these huckaleros can claim defense of justigfication as they are equally culpable. There is no affirmative defense allowed. This was why I thought GZ sealed his own fate.

Yup. If that's how it happened. Big "if".

There is absolutely no evidence to say that's what happened. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. "Maybe" doesn't mean "Beyond a reasonable doubt". Remember - GZ doesn't have to prove anything. The prosecution has to disclose all of their evidence....they're not allowed to have secrets, no aces up their sleeve. I have yet to see an eyewitness that positively refutes anything GZ has said. I have yet to see any forensic evidence that contradicts his story, yet in both cases (eyewitness and forensic) there is evidence that supports it.

I believe the prosecution will have to concede the fact that Martin initiated the physical contact and was beating on Zimmerman. If they want to have any hope of a conviction (probably something less than murder 2) they'll have to show that, in spite of the attack, GZ had no reason to believe his life was in danger and that he overreacted. Tough to do.

He's supposed to get a jury of his peers. I wonder how many of the final jury picks (if there is a trial) will be gun owners?
I have yet to have any trial lawyers ask. After they hear where I live, I know what they think. ( Yep, he does ) And when they hear you've served on a jury before that reached a verdict, there's not much chance they will ask you many questions. Plus not much chance you won't be sitting on another jury.

He's supposed to get a jury of his peers. I wonder how many of the final jury picks (if there is a trial) will be gun owners?

Or how many will be "white Hispanics?" Never before in the history of journalism have those two words been paired in describing a human being, yet most in the media are still pimpin' the racial (manufactured) "issue," and some here are still spouting the same misinformation that that same media spread in the manufacturing process! I have no idea if Zimmerman is guilty or innocent, but I also have no idea where in this country the nation's first "white Hispanic" defendant can go to get a fair trial.

Blues

Nope, you should be free to beat them to death with a tire iron and they can't pull a gun on you. Afterall, they said mean things and hurt your widdle feelings, so they deserve to die. :rolleyes:
A friend drew his 12 guage and killed a man who charged his vehicle with a baseball bat. He was charged with manslaughter but beat it in court. The situation cost his family around $20k to beat it in court.

A friend drew his 12 guage and killed a man who charged his vehicle with a baseball bat. He was charged with manslaughter but beat it in court. The situation cost his family around $20k to beat it in court.

Not sure why you quoted me. You do realize I was using sarcasm (hence writing "widdle" instead of little and the rolleyes) to demonstrate how ludicrous the other poster's example was. You can't come at someone with a bat because you don't like their driving, but you can defend yourself if somone comes at you with a bat. That is why you're friend beat it, and batboy did not.

$20k to beat a manslaughter charge?? I call b.s. complete b.s. No criminal defense attorney is gonna be able to defend a try a manslaughter trial for $20k. even a good DUI lawyer is gonna cost you $5k.

He has a good chance of being found not guilty in Florida because Second Degree Murder in this case is a ridiculous charge - with an exceptionally high burden of proof that is going to be exceedingly difficult to meet.

For people who want 'justice' they should be outraged that this is what the state decided to pursue. This case is set up for failure. Can you imagine the riots that will go down from those crying racial crime if/when he gets acquitted?

DING! DING! DING! DING!
We have a winner!
The charges brought forth are only to soothe the masses that are calling for his head on a platter.
Once a jury of his peers acquits there will be nothing they can b!tch about.

I wonder if this whole "we don't know where our client is" lawyer hoopla wasn't an attempt to make GZ seem like a flight risk and force the prosecutors to try the case with what they currently have. GZ and his crew likely knew he would eventually have to face a jury (from media pressure) and would rather make them do it sooner than later. Get acquitted and not have to worry about double jeopardy, move on.

DING! DING! DING! DING!
We have a winner!
The charges brought forth are only to soothe the masses that are calling for his head on a platter.

It hasn't taken long for legal experts and analysts to chime in and voice their surprise at the murder-2 charge. Although the jury can find GZ guilty of a lesser charge, failure to prove the original charge can be a big strike against the prosecution. Also, a charge as serious as m-2, which suggests malice and intent, begs the question of the prosecutors - "You knew who pulled the trigger....why did it take so long to bring charges??". You can be sure that Z's defense team will create a timeline of the investigation and unless the prosecutors discovered a bombshell very late in the process, they (the defense) will jump all over the obvious doubts that the prosection had all along.

I think he'll walk, and barring the aforementioned bombshell, he should. That's how the system is supposed to work. I don't think Casey Anthony was entirely innocent but because the state failed so miserably in proving her guilt (i.e. their obligation), I believe the jury's verdict was 100% correct.

I wonder if this whole "we don't know where our client is" lawyer hoopla wasn't an attempt to make GZ seem like a flight risk ...

I doubt that. It seems to me more like a law firm's damage control statement. Basically they are saying: "We told him not to talk." "He talked." "We tried to contact him, but could not." "He continues to speak out, against our advice, which puts our case in extreme jeopardy." "He still won't talk to us, so we're done with him."

If I were a lawyer for such a high-profile case where the client was so difficult, I think I'd probably do the same thing and wash my hands of them and their problems.

Does anyone have a picture of an 11 year old Brian Terry? Especially if he's holding a baby.

Apparently that is the only way to get a Special Prosecutor called for Fast and Furious.

DING! DING! DING! DING!
We have a winner!
I would not want to bet against a Manslaughter conviction. And even if acquitted, they will still claim it as a hate crime. And try to get the USDOJ involved. Which I have always thought were a case of double jeopardy if the person was found not guilty in state court.

It hasn't taken long for legal experts and analysts to chime in and voice their surprise at the murder-2 charge. Although the jury can find GZ guilty of a lesser charge, failure to prove the original charge can be a big strike against the prosecution. Also, a charge as serious as m-2, which suggests malice and intent, begs the question of the prosecutors - "You knew who pulled the trigger....why did it take so long to bring charges??". You can be sure that Z's defense team will create a timeline of the investigation and unless the prosecutors discovered a bombshell very late in the process, they (the defense) will jump all over the obvious doubts that the prosection had all along.
I wonder if this case will be trialed before the Fort Hood Muslim Murder case?.

I think he'll walk, and barring the aforementioned bombshell, he should. That's how the system is supposed to work. I don't think Casey Anthony was entirely innocent but because the state failed so miserably in proving her guilt (i.e. their obligation), I believe the jury's verdict was 100% correct.

B2, Must disagree with one thing.

I believe they will have to convict him. They know that the card Holding EBT’ers will riot and loot and kill and burn cities across the nation, like a bunch of jungle rats and old taxpaying evil white will pee their panties if that happens. Makes no sense, 67% of the people are white, (many are wanna bees) versus 17% Black and most of them are in jail.

Wouldn’t the head of the Black Panties Moon Pie Shabeeb Muhamide Shamue be considered Under the NDAA as a “Domestic Terrorist”? And how about Sharptongue he has blood on his hands, wouldn’t he be consider a Terrorist too?

Not to mention the next in line criminal , Holder, why hasn’t he been charged for killing the Border Agent. Who gave the orders to put 22 seals in a worn out bird to be shot down and murdered and treated like rats in a hole, Did Barry?

fudo:298665 said:
Title should read "Prosecutor bows to pressure from race baiters, stupid masses, and crooked media."

Much would have been avoided if Sanford PD had done the right thing to begin with. They handed this issue to them. The case deserved investigation.

Much would have been avoided if Sanford PD had done the right thing to begin with. They handed this issue to them. The case deserved investigation.

Good Lord, still haven't read the first actual fact about this case, have you? The PD wanted to press charges. The DA overruled them saying there wasn't enough evidence to bring a legitimate case. That's one of the very few actual facts we have about this case, and was among the first facts to emerge early-on.

Blues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back