Zimmerman to be charged

so what does second degree murder really mean in Florida?
Up to life in prison but, it can be lowered to manslaughter with a gun which would be up to 30 years max.

Why does everyone assume that zimmerman continued to follow martin after being told not to? I have heard that since the beginning, but never seen evidence to back it up. Also, the 911 dispatcher's request was not a lawful order, apparently.
What does "provoked" mean? Please cite evidence that martin was provoked. I have not seen any yet.
Also, what did zimmerman do that was illegal?

Your scenario about parking spaces has no relevance to this case.

It's the media that has been using words like "chased" and "persued" when describing GZ's actions that night. Hanging back and keeping someone in sight does not constitute a chase. And keeping an eye on a shady character who's on private property does not constitute provocation any more than me asking a stranger what he's doing in my yard.

so you're telling me that I get assaulted, a perp is on top of me with action to take my life -- I defend my own life with a firearm and hit my target and get charged with murder II?

Regardless of if he has a weapon or not, if my life is at stake, it does not sound like murder II to me...

so you're telling me that I get assaulted, a perp is on top of me with action to take my life -- I defend my own life with a firearm and hit my target and get charged with murder II?

Regardless of if he has a weapon or not, if my life is at stake, it does not sound like murder II to me...
It depends on if you are the initial aggressor. If you are, you lose the protection of the law. If you pull a gun out and then a fight breaks out over that gun, yes, you will be charged. Pull a gun or try to do a citizen's arrest even without a gun initially and be wrong in your actions and you can be arrested. There are a number of scenarios that cause you to lose legal standing for self defense and stand your ground.

It depends on how the person you killed came to be on top of you. If the person you killed was standing his ground because you were the original aggressor, then yeah, murder 2 is appropriate. If the person you killed was the original aggressor then no, murder 2 charges are not appropriate.

It sounds like if they are charging Zimmerman then they have empirical evidence or a confession of such action from Zimmerman himself. It was my understanding that he was assaulted and drew down as he was on top of him or trying to retreat from the assault or something. It just doesnt add up since he wasnt arrested from the evening of the shooting...

Is it totally wrong for an armed man to kill an unarmed man or group of men regardless of the situation?

Zimmerman is already guilty and won't receive a fair trial on this continent and think this will be another media circle jerk that drags on until November and end up more about guns and the SYG law.

If he commented a crime he should be charged. If he did not then he should not. I'm just tired of this whole racism thing. I feel everyone is equal and has equals chances to make something of themselves. But certain people only make the news when the race card is played and I'm tired of seeing them feed off of racism. But if Zimmerman is the aggressor then he should get what he deserves. If not I hope he walks.

Zimmerman was told to not follow Martin by the 911 operator.

I disagree, The dispatcher asked if Zimmerman was following the "suspect" The dispatcher responded, "We don't need you to do that." That is different than "Don't follow him." From listening to the tape, I hear that he was returning to his truck when the altercation occurred. I hope that the prosecutor is swayed by the law and the evidence, not by the media circus surrounding this event.

We don't know much of what really happened. I believe that if law enforcement had enough evidence to arrest, they would have already done so. Remember, arrest charges frequently have nothing to do with the crime or even what the prosecutor charges in court. However, Zimmerman has committed a major faux pas by being out of touch with his now ex-attorneys and it looks like he has given the powers-that-be reason to consider him a flight risk.

I suggest we all get some more popcorn, sit back, and watch how the court cases develop. Then we will have Plenty to analyze and discuss.

It sounds like if they are charging Zimmerman then they have empirical evidence or a confession of such action from Zimmerman himself. It was my understanding that he was assaulted and drew down as he was on top of him or trying to retreat from the assault or something. It just doesnt add up since he wasnt arrested from the evening of the shooting...

Is it totally wrong for an armed man to kill an unarmed man or group of men regardless of the situation?
Florida law says they do not have to arrest immediately or even arrest later if it is truly self-defense.

Zimmerman is already guilty and won't receive a fair trial on this continent and think this will be another media circle jerk that drags on until November and end up more about guns and the SYG law.
I disagree. It will depend on location where the trial is held and if folks like EH, BHO, JJ, and AS let the justice system do its job.

Florida simply buckled under pressure from the media and the community. Had the police told all the facts in the beginning we wouldn't be where we are today. At this point the only thing that could do is charge him because thats all the public will accept. The question is what happens if he found not guilty?

I think they should call Al Sharpton and Jess Jackson to trial as they seem to have all the evidence. Again unless you were within 200' of this case when it took place your thoughts or opinions are a waste of time. Now is the Florida Attorney going to file on the Black Panthers for anything???

If they took this long to finally arrest him, that could mean they strongly believe they have enough to secure a conviction. Zimmerman should not have followed that kid, he should have stayed in his truck and waited for the authorities. Who the heck knows other than Zimmerman & Martin on exactly what happened. Did Martin turn around and "stood his ground" feeling this unknown person following him was a threat? Did Zimmerman try and detain Martin until the authorities arrive and Martin put up a fight? One thing I do know, if you are a licensed gun carrier, DON"T PUT YOURSELF IN THESE SITUATIONS!! His life wasn't in danger or threatened and He was not witnessing a crime, so he indirectly put this entire Shyt storm on himself and his life will never ever be the same. The police are trained for these type of "suspicious person calls" they'll come and check it out.

Now, will he get a fair trial? Who knows? It's hard for a jury of your peers to judge your case if they're being bombarded by the media and talk radio. That is why, jurors are ordered NOT to discuss the case with friends and family and NOT to read or watch media on the case.

I think they should call Al Sharpton and Jess Jackson to trial as they seem to have all the evidence. Again unless you were within 200' of this case when it took place your thoughts or opinions are a waste of time. Now is the Florida Attorney going to file on the Black Panthers for anything???

That will be a cold day in Hades.

The fact that it took this long to press charges probably means the prosecutor caved in to the media and rest of the angry people. He will prosecuted and convicted no matter what the evidence is. He has been labeled a racist and will be punished as one as the libs demand.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back