Zimmerman to be charged

Mobile,al

Now thT all these thugs r running round beating up citizens becsuse of poor travoughn no one is locking these guys up twenty black men beat a guy nearly to death ware is the blak panthers now! Only in america ,where is the justice system? Oh i forgot we dont hav one !

Legal legend Alan Dershowitz blasted the special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, accusing her of hiding evidence favorable to defendant George Zimmerman and committing perjury.

“If I were this prosecutor, I’d be hiring a lawyer at this point,” Dershowitz said of Angela Cory, the Florida state attorney and special prosecutor who Gov. Rick Scott appointed to handle the case.

Dershowitz leveled his bombshell charges in an interview Wednesday with Fox News' Megyn Kelly......
Dershowitz: Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin case overreached with murder charge | Fox News

Read the rest at the link.

Then please tell me where to buy a lottery ticket, because the chance they'll convict Zimmermna of 2nd degree murder is practically nil.

Put it this way. I feel like he brought his problems onto himself by being stupid. I'm not going to spend my money to bail out the stupid from the situations they get themselves into.

Put it this way. I feel like he brought his problems onto himself by being stupid. I'm not going to spend my money to bail out the stupid from the situations they get themselves into.

While I oppose the way the government got around to charging Zimmerman (under pressure from Sharpton, NAACP et al), I generally agree with this. He has made so many mistakes, both on that night and subsequently, that make him look so stupid, that I can't fathom contributing my hard-earned money to him for anything. The current link looks much different than the original "I Am the Real George Zimmerman" website he first put up. It may be a different site, I don't know, but that first one was just weird, especially considering that he was still a couple of weeks out from being charged when it went up. Add to that weirdness, the apology he gave at a freakin' bail hearing, and I'm thinking that no matter what the facts of the case are proven to be, while he deserves a fair trial, and I not only support him getting one, but literally demand that he does, he doesn't deserve my money so he can go on to some semblance of a normal life being as stupid as he appears to be.

I don't see anything near 2nd Degree Murder in what we do know about the case, but that's up to him to defend against, not me. "Good luck George" is the most he's getting out of me.

Blues

I find nothing stupid in what Zimmerman did, naive yes stupid no. While I've often been accused of being cynical I'm not so cynical that I can't believe that but for the grace of God there go I.

I've already donated money to Zimmerman's defense fund, actions speak louder than words.

I find nothing stupid in what Zimmerman did, naive yes stupid no. While I've often been accused of being cynical I'm not so cynical that I can't believe that but for the grace of God there go I.
Link Removed

And the current web site is the one set up by his attorney. The original site was taken down.

I've already donated money to Zimmerman's defense fund, actions speak louder than words.

I certainly have no objection or criticism to offer over what you decide to do with your money, but likewise, you're absolutely right, actions do speak louder than words, and his have spoken plenty loud to me.

I'll acknowledge that there's a fine line between naivete and stupidity. I can accept that not understanding the implications of the aftermath of a shooting is the product of naivete. But not understanding that you don't demand a bully-pulpit from which to apologize for the results of that shooting, literally in front of millions of people, that he is asserting he did nothing wrong in doing, is downright stupid. It's stupid to talk to cops when you're suspected of a crime, and it's even stupider to talk to the prosecutor, judge, and the whole jury pool on national TV when you're already charged. If he has to testify to put forth a defense based on SYG (which I've heard conflicting reports on), then STFU until it's time to testify, and follow your attorney's lead to the letter. Don't volunteer anything that your attorney doesn't ask you about, because you open the door to the prosecutor delving into it on cross.

The original website relates to my belief in the STFU meme, though at least on that he did hold back all but the most innocuous identifying information on it. Still, I found it a bit beyond naivete to ask for money for a defense fund that had no legitimate need for existence before he was charged.

I think Zimmerman is fortunate to have people like me in his corner demanding that TPTB follow the law, and trying my best to keep any discussions I involve myself in stay within the known facts.

He's even more fortunate to have the same from folks like you SGB, plus a willingness to contribute financially to his defense. I have no problem at all with you doing it. I don't feel the least bit inspired to join you though.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back