Your first gun ever.......

Stainless Ruger Security Six .357 back around 1981....Still have it. Along with virtually every other firearm I have ever purchased since then, much to the wifes dismay..

The first gun I truly owned was a Desert Eagle 44. I was 20, paid for it myself, and it was the coolest gun I had ever seen. I loved it. I remember I was shooting at an indoor range with my 92f while a friend was chatting with the range master, the range master didn't see me pull out the 44. He fell out of his chair the first time I fired it :) Good times. I really miss that gun, but it helped pay for a trip to Europe, which probably saved my life.

my first gun ever was a ruger 10/22 with stainless barrel. I sold it to buy a different ruger 10/22 with a 4 inch longer barrel also stainless. and I am so jealous of all you who have gotten guns as a gift!

My first was a Winchester 12 gauge model 1400 that my dat gave me for my 12th bithday. Have a lot of good memories with that gun and one bad one which was the day someone broke into my apartment and stole it along with several others.

My first was a Ruger Mk.II pistol. Still have it.

I don't shoot it much because it has FTE issues.:mad::angry::mad: I like my other .22 more, a 10/22 rifle.:yu:

my first gun was a mossburg bolt action .22 when I was 12 years old in 1965 and I still have it in a very special place in the vault

My first gun was a Winchester 52 .22LR single shot bolt action, I received for Xmas when I was about 6 or 7. My three brothers and I all received identical rifles that christmas. My dad took a file and notched the butt of each, so we could tell them apart. I still have it and I shot it with my oldest son today (before his wedding tommorrow). We had a ball, shot over 200 rounds of ammo from 4 or 5 different guns. The Win .22 is still one of the most accurate guns I have ever fired.

Semper Fi

My first gun was a Remington 870 Wingmaster. I worked at a gas station in 1974 and saved enough to buy it ($125). My dad went with me to a Gibson's store (remember those) to pick it out. All the long guns were on shelves similar to what you may find today when shopping for a fishing pole.
A year later I bought my first handgun. It was a High Standard Double Nine Revolver.

The first gun I ever owned, and still have, is a Savage Model 340a, bolt-action .30-30. My grandmother gave it to me after my Pappy died. She didn't know how old it is and it has no serial number, so I only know it's before the 1968 mandate for serial numbers.

My second gun, still have, is a 1973 Ithaca Model 37 featherlight 12ga pump. Father-in-law gave it to me after three years of dove hunting with him. Shells load and eject from the same bottom port. Great when shooting beside a buddy.

My first gun was a High Standard .22 semi auto rifle, the second was a Mossberg Mod.500, 20 ga.. I remember that one cost $69.95! And it was new! The best friend I've ever had still has both of them. I made trades, he keeps 'em.

Mossberg bolt action .410 when I was eleven. Used to carry it down the street to go squirrel hunting. Couldn't do that these days.

I was 11 or 12 and my Dad gave me a single shot 410. I still have it 55 years later. :biggrin:

sear's single shot 16 ga. still have it,grand dad got it for my dad an uncal to hunt with, an my dad gave it to me many moons ago

Baretta 9MM, bought it in Florida back in 1987. Now I live in beautful Western New York State. The big problem is downstate obviously. I am new to this site and am going to persue a CWP. Can anyone advise me the best way to go? I want a permit that is accepted in as many states as possible. [email protected]

Last edited:
My first gun was a WASR 10 ak clone. shoot so many rounds, it would glow red, and the hand gaurds wold smoke. shooting it like that eventally caused it to break so i had to put to rest.

A used Taurus .38 Special revolver that I paid $100 for back in 1985. I couldn't tell you which model it was but it was blued with a 4' barrel and had wood grips.

an old Remington single shot .22, with bent barrel and a broken stoke that was payment for helping my Dads friend move a piano and some other stuff upstairs in a house. I was a big 12 year old, Dad and I patched the stock together and then found out that the barrel was bent. We went though a box of ammo a couple shots tweek the barrel in a crouch of a tree a couple more shot till that thing was right on, still have it and the 10/22 that Mom and Dad gave me for xmas that same year.:laugh:

Remmy Wingmaster 12 gauge back in the 70s. Still have it, along with a new steel barrel I'll be using it this winter for Ducks and Geese.

Winchester 30/30 made in 1938or48 cant remember still have it some where's got it when I was 13yrs old same with my 20ga single shot cant remember the brand but got that one too never was much on getting rid of good stuff :fie:and a Winchester 22LR got that back when i was like 8yrs old my son has shot it a few times not in vary good condition

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back