Your CCW and Ammo Preference w/regards to Self Defense

jtg452...NO, I'm not a Moderator... I didn't know one had to be a Moderator to have Sense. BUT, I'm all up for CHANGING the Topic of a Discussion... Hunter Won, in My Notes, I've Shot 26 Wild Pigs with Handguns in ..22LR 9mm, .45acp, .38 Spl, .357 Mag and .44 Mag... Add Much more for feral Cats, Raccoon... Deer, feral Goat, a Cow with broken leg (lol) etc... BUT, this WAS...WAS a conversation on what is your Concealed Carry Weapon and Ammo.... I'm not attacking anyone, Just wanted to keep it on Topic, Because its a good topic and dosnt need to get Muddied with fringe elements.
We can all argue all day long what Calibers We PREFER... But the Discussion was on What We Actually Carry... I prefer a .9mm or .45 acp to Carry, but on the Day I had to Shoot someone with a Handgun ...(I didn't have my Rifle) I had a Beretta 84 .32 acp.. You Know What? It worked Just fine.
I think I saw a Forum Topic somewhere on Handgun hunting.....
God Bless and Stay Safe... Captain
Captain... your apparently slapping the other people in the face who have commented on this thread.Relax read the comments we are talking about and share your experiences.No need for you to say "Muddied with fringe elements".You may learn something from reading these interesting experiences we all share.

glock 23 .40 s&w. 180gr tap fpd. i shoot them because they area accurate and the bullet is made by a local company in kalispell.

HI-POINT .45 auto loaded with 200 grain XTP hollow points.
Really? I've been considering buying a Hi-Point .45 as a "toy", mostly so that I would have a reason to start buying .45 ammo when I see it (I currently do not own anything in .45). Most of what I have read about them makes me think they wouldn't even serve the toy purpose very well. But I have never actually spoken to anyone who owns one. Have you ever had any issues with yours?

Main CC pistol is a Glock 27 in .40 S&W. Cor-Bon 135gr. JHP.... My philosophy is that of a previous poster... shorter barrel = a lighter bullet.

a glock 32 with 230 grain hollow point
Umm... are you sure about that? I've never heard of a .357SIG round at 230 grains. If they exist, then I stand corrected. And I would like to know who make them and where I can get them.:biggrin:

The recall on the Ruger SR9 was the older model. The newest model is in good shape and not being recalled for any reason. They made some nice improvements my SR9 is quickly becoming my favorite gun.

Umm... are you sure about that? I've never heard of a .357SIG round at 230 grains. If they exist, then I stand corrected. And I would like to know who make them and where I can get them.:biggrin:

A 230 grain .357 sig bullet would be awfully huge. Not sure if it's something I'd like to be shooting. :sarcastic:

gf

A 230 grain .357 sig bullet would be awfully huge. Not sure if it's something I'd like to be shooting. :sarcastic:

gf
Yeah, it would seem counter-intuitive as it would serve to slow the bullet down an awful lot. Non-the-less, if they did exist, I would at least like to see the stats on them. But upon checking his profile, it seems that he meant G36, not G32.

Springfield XD(m) 40, cross breed super tuck holster, and speer Gold Dot 180 gr JHP, however sometimes I carry JHP that I have loaded. The Speer has pretty good consistency, but I love my hand loads.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back