Your CCW and Ammo Preference w/regards to Self Defense

Umm... are you sure about that? I've never heard of a .357SIG round at 230 grains. If they exist, then I stand corrected. And I would like to know who make them and where I can get them.:biggrin:

wasnt looking as i wrote, was meant to be g 36:) fan finger syndrome:) and 230 grain in 45 acp

if you still want a picture just ask:)

Bersa Thunder 45. Fed. Hydra-Shock, 230 gr. Bersa is an absolute joy to shoot, very little recoil and accurate right out of the box. Fed. because I want to stop what I am shooting at.

My ccw is a S&W M&P 40...I use Winchester supreme elite ammunition 165 Gr Bonded PDX1 jhp. It is duty ammo for the FBI, so it should work for me.

My EDC is my PT145 Mil Pro, my round of choice,(when I can find them) is the Federal Hydra-Shok 165 gr. JHP. My back-up gun is either my PT709SS or my TCP both loaded with Fed. Hydra-Shok JHP's also. The reason I like Hdra-Shok JHP rounds is because if I'm responsible for where my round go once it leaves my handgun I want to make sure it stays in the BG and some innocent by-stander. I'm sure there are other rounds out there that are just as good, or even better, but I have been using Federal ammunition for over 60 years, (of course that doesn't include the Hydra-Shok, needless to say) hard to change a good thing. :pleasantry:

Llama Max-1 C/F .45 using Fed. Hydra-Shock 230's Been handling/firing a 1911 for over 30 years, I believe in using the largest cal. you can accurately/comfortably fire.

What do I carry?

I carry a Taurus 650 .357 Mag revolver with Crimson Trace Laser Grips in a SmartCarry Holster. I carry 2 Safariland Speedloaders, along with extra Tuff QuickStrips. I use Hornady .357 Mag 125 gr. Critical Defense ammo. I guess I am just a “Wheel Gun” kind of guy. I am comfortable, confident, and competent with my revolver.

I carry a Taurus 650 .357 Mag revolver with Crimson Trace Laser Grips in a SmartCarry Holster. I carry 2 Safariland Speedloaders, along with extra Tuff QuickStrips. I use Hornady .357 Mag 125 gr. Critical Defense ammo. I guess I am just a “Wheel Gun” kind of guy. I am comfortable, confident, and competent with my revolver.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a good wheel gun. I still love my old stand-by revolvers. They protected me on the streets for years against evil street erchins during my first years as a LEO.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a good wheel gun. I still love my old stand-by revolvers. They protected me on the streets for years against evil street erchins during my first years as a LEO.

Carried a semi-auto pistol or rifle for 30 years in line of duty. After retiring to civilian life, I thought it over carefully. Mossberg 500 12 gauge pump for home defense and J-Frame with Hornady Standard pressure ammo in pocket for going out. KISS prevails as does "right tool fo the right job."

Kimber Ultra CDP II with Hydra Shocks and use the Hydra Shock in all my 1911 45cal.

XDM, .40 Golden Sabre.

My Old lady Glock 27 with Golden Sabre.

When I was a Federal Police Officer carried Golden Sabre and tested these and found them to be very effective. But Just about every JHP will get the job done. I just prefer a lighter faster round so I know I am getting full expansion instead of just a slug passing through.

G23 (.40) and Winchester Ranger SXT 180g JHP - both are reliable, rounds are fast and expand nicely under most conditions. I have been using Win PDX in .45 and am looking closely at Fed Hydra-Shok for both.

My main carry year around is a S&W M60 snubby in .357. I have three .357 revolvers, same carry rounds for all three. Personal protection in public places where lots of people are around, loaded with Speer 135gr. GDHP .38spl. Any other time, any other place, it's always quality 158gr. JSP in .357, always.

Colt Government model Series 80 .45 ACP Black Talon JHP, or more commonly know now as Winchester SXZ sold only at Bass Pro Shops. I hate to fire more than I need too.:sarcastic:

M&P 9c with speer gold dot 115. I recently switched to the god dot because of its light weight and low pressure which allows for limited penetration. Its a wonderfully expanding bullet, reaching 3/4 of an inch.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back