Worst gun of all time

Glock

Worst gun I ever had was a glock 17. out of the box first trigger pull it failed to fire and almost every 5 shots after that again ftf it sucked I ended up trading it for a s&w sigma sw40ve ya thats right a sigma and surprise surprise ive put over 1500 rounds through it without ever having a problem id trust my life with it

HK P7M8.

Let me count the ways:

- Pitiful 8 round mag - and the dang handle still felt like a 2x4
- sharp pointy mag release button, jeezus, did they send the thing to a razor factory first???
- Gas action - couldn't shoot cheap lead bullets, oh no, they had to be expensive plated or jacketed bullets.
- Shoot more than a mag or two, be prepared with the Nomex/welding gloves, cause you're gonna burn sucka!
- Expensive mags - and this was well before the '94 mag morons

However, it did have it's advantages:

- Thank god it wasn't a HK P7M13!!!! :bad:

Charter Arms

Mine worst gun was/is a New Charter Arms Bulldog, stainless, in .44spl.

Out of the box it had a grinding two stage single action trigger pull. I figured it
would get better with use. It didn't. I put 300 rounds through it without any
improvement. So I sent it back to the factory. I received it back in about a
month with an acceptable s/a trigger at no charge to me.

About 400 rounds later a round of brass stuck in the cylinder. It was not a
reload. It would not come out, so I pushed a bit harder on the ejector. Still
would not come out. I tapped on the ejector rod and the entire cylinder
separated from the gun. So back to the factory again. Got it back about a
month later with a new cylinder still at no cost to me.

I've put more than a thousand rounds through it since then and it is working
fine. However, I don't use factory ammo anymore. I use only reduced power
reloads. I am not going to take a chance with full power factory ammo or full
power reloads.

I owned one of the originals in 1975. It took anything I put in it without
complaint. I wish I had not sold it.

HK Model 4.

Picked one up from an estate sale. It only had the .32ACP and .22 barrels and mags (they came with .380, .32, .25 and .22 barrels and mags, so I got a partial kit out of the deal and paid accordingly), so I got a deal and I'm a sucker for European pocket pistols. Cool looking gun. Handles well, points pretty good considering it's got the useless GCA '68 beating (right handed) target grips on it (I'm a leftie).

It refuses to feed ANY .32 ACP ammo. I tried hot loaded (max listed powder charges under 71 gr FMJ), loaded mild (mid range or lighter reloads), loaded long (to make up for the change to a shorter OAL that happened with the .32ACP factory rounds), loaded with heavier bullets, lighter bullets loaded long, ... along with every brand of .32ACP I can get my hands on and I still haven't gotten more than 3 countinous rounds fired without a FTF or FTE. The .22 kit isn't any better. I haven't found a load that will cycle it reliably yet either.

Also don't like the slide release. You have to pull the trigger to drop the slide. And I don't like the fluted chamber. That eats up the brass and you get MAYBE 2 or 3 reloads out of it before it splits. It sounds like a great idea for military guns that will see a high round count in a combat situation but for a pocket gun, it's overkill to an extreme.

Bought a Para P-10 to conceal carry, it would have made a better razor, never seen so many sharp edges.
It worked fine just not as a concealed carry piece, so I traded for a glock 27....
Happy!:biggrin:

Beretta 9000 Cougar (9mm). Inox finish with walnut grips. The front site is a dovetail and kept moving after a few shots. We tied pinging it and locktite to no avail. Sent it back to Beretta where they replaced the slide. Upon returning it the same problems occurred. Found out the machine tolerances were off for the Inox version. Beretta bought the gun back for retail price. Very happy with the company response.

Smith and Wesson Airlight, .22 cal revolver. Bought it for my daughter to use as a hiking sidearm. Took it out to the range, shot a box off .22 long through it, no problems. Started .22 LR, first shot BANG, then the cylinder seized up and the hammer would not pull back. Unload, try again, same results. Unload try again, same results. What the heck? I'm starting to wonder what I'm doing wrong, putting the ammo in upside down? This whole thing made NO SENSE. Trip to gunsmith, he had the same problem, turns out the first round was backing out after firing and bulging, seizing the cylinder. Took it back to the shop where I bought it, no problem, here's another one, it should work. It did. Sent the problem child back to S&W and have not heard anything from them since.
2nd worst firearm, I traded a .44 cal Super Blackhawk for a Para warthog. The thing FTL'd 3-4 rounds out of 10. Several times. Took it and traded in on a Kimber Ultra Crimson Concealed Carry. I still came out ahead as I got more out of the Warthog than I had given for the Blackhawk.

First time i have heard of a .357sig having problems the bottle neck helps in feeding. Glock stands by what they sell so if nothing is blocking the chamber like a bur, dirty chambers cause this quite often. I would give Glock a call and make it right. The sig. is or near the top for SD guns only comparison is the 10mm,d

Link Removed

Red Hat, Assuming that you have tried a variety of HP's for your G33, have you contacted Glock about your problem?

For me, the worst I ever owned was a Taurus PT111 Millenium 9mm... It wasn't an awful gun except that I would get at least one FTF on every trip to the range.

I agree with SCCY, I had to send it in twice before it would even feed one round into the firing chamber.

Worst one has to be a Rohm I have. The cylinder did not break down, you had to unthread the ejection rod and knock out the empties one at a time. In firing, you may got 3 out of 6 to fire and then you got shrapnel so you had better wear glasses. I bought it from a friend who did "not want a gun in the house" when his mother died. Wasted 20 bucks. A gunsmith told me it was not worth fixing because of its age and that the design is flawed. He told me it would simply go back to its old ways. It is now collecting dust because it is too dangerous to fire and due to that I am not going to sell it and get someone hurt with this POS:no:. I have seen many cheap pistols, but I have never seen one as dangerous as that one.

Mechester, you should turn in that pos Rohm the next time the do good-ers have a money for guns turn in program.
I am sure you would let it go for a $ 100 Wal-Mart gift card!!!!

I don't know about "worst" but if you mean "least liked", mine was a SA 1911. I bought it used about 9 years ago. Here is a list of the problems and issues I had:

- Would not chamber the last round of either mag that came with it (not sure they were the factory mags though)
- Rear sight slid out of the dovetail after 50 rounds - fixed with loc-tite
- Sights were good but were totally black so I couldn't see them in the dark
- 2-piece full-length guide rod kept coming apart
- Had an interesting "double feed" issue - fixed that with Wilson mags
- Was made in Brazil - not necessarily a "bad" thing but I bought it thinking it was American made
- Extractor had the clocking issue
- Slide was not milled properly (the radius on the top was assymetrical) - didn't affect the performance but was annoying to look at
- Cocking serrations were so sharp they almost drew blood.
- Was the old grip configuration (different front strap shape) and had a smooth front strap so I had trouble hanging on to it

Overall the gun wasn't so much "bad" as it was a disappointment. What really gets me is there was a brand new one right beside it in the case and I passed on it for this one to save a little money (less than $100.00).

Many of these could have been fixed by SA but I was never happy with it so I sold it at a loss. I called them but they said they would only honor the warranty for the original owner - guess I should have phrased the question differently but in the end the best thing for me and it was for us to part company.

I still want a 1911 but I think I'll go another way next time - perhaps a Kimber or Colt, though I don't by any means think SA makes a bad gun and I might try them again.

I also had a Ruger Single Six 22LR/22WMR that I did not like. It wasn't a bad gun either but my fingers are too fat to load it. The cases tended to stick in the chambers after firing but I fixed that with a bath in transmission fluid. It was stolen.

EDIT - the Single Six was stolen FROM me, not BY me :D

Mechester, you should turn in that pos Rohm the next time the do good-ers have a money for guns turn in program.
I am sure you would let it go for a $ 100 Wal-Mart gift card!!!!

That is an excellent idea. A "dangerous gun" out of circulation and the Brady Bunch paying for it!:biggrin:

About 11 years ago some outfit from Lord knows where started building 1911 platforms and putting the name Charles Daly on the slides. 400 bucks. What a deal! Wouldn't feed hardball. Took it to a very reputable 1911 guy. Throated it, new mainspring, flatspring, slidespring, WC thumb safety and slide release. Nice grips as well. The grip safety had to be pushed straight in to fire. If it went in even slightly left or right, no joy. My 400 dollar deal turned into a 650 dollar paperweight. Offloaded it for 500 bucks and bought a Springfield 1911. It's a Kimber world now, so far as 1911's go. A spendy lesson, but well learned.

Lorcin .380 my brother somehow acquired...

First time I shot it (it couldn't get through a single mag without jamming...no matter what) I took it away from him and gave him a spare Ruger P95DC I had around. The Lorcin is still being used...as a paperweight (with the pin removed just in case) and an example of what not to get.

I also dislike the sig mosquito. If I had the choice I would not purchase it under any circumstances. It's a very clumsy gun to handle,and you need heavy pressure to pull the trigger.

Kel-Tec 3AT. Ran about 32 rounds through it and the trigger spring broke (plastic piece) on round 33. Sent it back and it was returned. Traded it off...couldn't trust my like on something like that.

Llama .22. Looks like a 1911 to a tee! The gun jams, stove pipes, fails to feed, fails to eject...just one big failure. Tried all kinds of ammo in it. I've pulled it out of the safe a few times with the intent to do some polishing of the feed ramp and making some adjustments to see if I can get it to cycle correctly, but then I get side tracked with other projects. One of these days..I'll get it running right.

The first handgun I ever bought was a Jennings nine. What a piece that was. I should have known better than to buy a 100$ gun I knew nothing about. But then I was even younger and dumber than I am now. I doubt I put 500 rounds through it before it I gave up on it. I traded it for a Mossberg 500 and never regretted it.

My Uncle gave me a Jennings Nine. I was confused because He didn't like me much (because of problems between my Dad and my Dad's sister, his wife). I then became ecstatic because I though that the family was starting to heal. Nope, second worst gun I've ever had my hands on. it might shoot 2 rounds out of the magazine without help. Might, pawned it for $50 and I think I got the better deal.

The worst gun I've even had my hands on (so far) was a .22LR revolver that a friend had, He had just bought it for $25. I looked it over and I couldn't find a brand name, only "Cambered for .22LR only" and "Made in China". It was black with White plastic grips, single action, resembled a Ruger Single-Six, except it felt like a cap pistol, real light compared to the Ruger. I told him that I wouldn't shoot it and I didn't think that he should either. He loaded it and on the first shot the gun blew apart. It broke the top strap and the lower frame in-front of the trigger guard. I'd never see a .22LR blow apart until then. After it came apart, I found out why. The thing was made of pot metal! He wasn't hurt and I told him that he paid too much. Only good thing, he had hit the bull's eye on the target. At least the one shot he got was right on the nose. :sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back