Worst gun of all time

Jeffrey1235

Have you ever had a gun that screwed up on the first shot out of the box? Handle fell off while looking it over in the store? Not counting "homemade" guns, what is the worst handgun ever made? :fie: :sarcastic:

Last edited:
yup skyy arms clone of a keltec with a safety. from the first shot fired the safety would go safe after every shot. contacted the company and they sent a safety kit. thought that would be an upgrade. nope same thing still fails. works well in paper weight mode though:biggrin:

Sig Mosquito. It misfires, had difficulty loading after each shot, it was bad. Called manufacturer and they agreed to repair and it was sent back in a timely manner, but just recently purchased "factory" mag and it jammed. I'm ready to trade it in on the Sig cash for klunkers program. I prefer shooting the Beretta NEOS and a Ruger the hubby just got.

Sig Mosquito. It misfires, had difficulty loading after each shot, it was bad. Called manufacturer and they agreed to repair and it was sent back in a timely manner, but just recently purchased "factory" mag and it jammed. I'm ready to trade it in on the Sig cash for klunkers program. I prefer shooting the Beretta NEOS and a Ruger the hubby just got.

Agree!!! Mine took 3 trips to the factory:yu: before I traded it in on a Berreta Chetah, Sweet gun:pleasantry:

My RG-14, the same model that was used to shoot Reagan, a little .22lr revolver. Shoots once every 2 to 5 trigger pulls. It throws flak out the side of the cylinder too. Nobody wants to stand next to the guy shooting it on the firing line!

Click, click, click, Bang!...click, click, click, Bang! :biggrin:

smith&wesson sigma in .40sw couldn't hit a 8 inch target at 5yards with out shooying all over the place. sent it in they put in a new recoil spring asembly. i got it and i good barely get all the rounds on paper. sold it as soon as some one would buy it.

Mine would have to be the Lorcin .380. The first time I took it out, I bent the frame after 2 mags. Did not rapid fire, it just could not take the stress. Then the company completely went bankrupt with good reason. No one will even take it on trade. My neighbor bought it for $50. I threw in the holster and shells.

Taurus PT145 Pro.

Bought it brand new after "they fixed all the issues." Couldn't hit a body size target at 15 yards, was hitting DIRT below the target! Sent it back, they claim to have replaced the barrel. Still does the same thing. Give them a call, they claim its the sights. SO with a bore sight that I made myself, I lasered it to see where POA / POI were related. The sights were dead on according to my aim (combat accuracy).

Sent it back again, it came home with new sights. It hit the 15 yard body size target, but shot consistently ~9" to the left on paper @ 15 yards. This time it was also failing to fire rounds at random, I would get the "click" but no "bang". The second strike capability would set off the primer most of the time, but not every time. Sometimes it took three "clicks" before I got a "bang". Sent it back again, they sent it to me saying nothing was wrong and that they cleaned it. Sent me a test target, which had rounds approx. 9" to the left of the bullseye!!! I pawned it for $200 and never looked back.

Wow?!?

Taurus PT145 Pro.

Bought it brand new after "they fixed all the issues." Couldn't hit a body size target at 15 yards, was hitting DIRT below the target! Sent it back, they claim to have replaced the barrel. Still does the same thing. Give them a call, they claim its the sights. SO with a bore sight that I made myself, I lasered it to see where POA / POI were related. The sights were dead on according to my aim (combat accuracy).

Sent it back again, it came home with new sights. It hit the 15 yard body size target, but shot consistently ~9" to the left on paper @ 15 yards. This time it was also failing to fire rounds at random, I would get the "click" but no "bang". The second strike capability would set off the primer most of the time, but not every time. Sometimes it took three "clicks" before I got a "bang". Sent it back again, they sent it to me saying nothing was wrong and that they cleaned it. Sent me a test target, which had rounds approx. 9" to the left of the bullseye!!! I pawned it for $200 and never looked back.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the PT145. The sights are not a 6 o'clock hold you need to cover the bullseye with the front dot (Heine sights). I put on some williams firesights and modified mine to a standard sight config.

I did have one misfire with one of my handloads. I also needed to round the edge of the frame under the feed ramp to get my HP handloads to feed (no prob with factory).
Other than that I am at approximately 600 rds fired.

Back on topic my worst handgun was a tanfoglio excam GT 25. The frame was soft aluminum and the pin through the frame that holds the ejector wallowed out the frame and the pin walked out and jammed the slide. I did end up fixing it by drilling an oversized hole and re-pnning. Shot fine after that. Broke some drill bits getting through that extractor, hard stuff.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the PT145. The sights are not a 6 o'clock hold you need to cover the bullseye with the front dot (Heine sights). I put on some williams firesights and modified mine to a standard sight config.

Yes I know, and Taurus told me that, as well as directed me to the Heinie website, which showed the correct sight procedure. This of course did not help AT ALL, because the gun was so off target to begin with. My uncle, who is a licenced firearms instructor for Panama City Police here in FL, also got the same results when firing it.

Taurus is a bunch of liars. Horrid quality control and horrid customer service, or should I say disservice? :biggrin:

My Glock 33. It won't fire HP's. It fails to chamber them.

Red Hat, Assuming that you have tried a variety of HP's for your G33, have you contacted Glock about your problem?

For me, the worst I ever owned was a Taurus PT111 Millenium 9mm... It wasn't an awful gun except that I would get at least one FTF on every trip to the range.

The first handgun I ever bought was a Jennings nine. What a piece that was. I should have known better than to buy a 100$ gun I knew nothing about. But then I was even younger and dumber than I am now. I doubt I put 500 rounds through it before it I gave up on it. I traded it for a Mossberg 500 and never regretted it.

The first handgun I ever bought was a Jennings nine. What a piece that was. I should have known better than to buy a 100$ gun I knew nothing about. But then I was even younger and dumber than I am now. I doubt I put 500 rounds through it before it I gave up on it. I traded it for a Mossberg 500 and never regretted it.

Yep, I would say you got the better of the deal on that one.

Accu-Tek AT380

Picked this piece up for a BUG. What a chinsy piece of junk!! Feeding probs, ejection probs, and mag often fell out upon firing. Think I got rid of it about a week after I bought it.
435_AT-380_II.jpg

Sorry about your experience with the Taurus 145 Pro. I own and have been carrying a Taurus PT140Pro for a few yrs now. From the first shot to the now 2000th+, I haven't had a single malfunction or FTF. It's eaten up every brand of ammo I've fed it without complaint. It doesn't keep the tightest groups but the damn thing has NEVER once failed to function and has always been combat accurate. Not to mention it's hit the floor 3x now. I just picked up an XD I plan on making my EDC but the Taurus has served me so well that it'll still have its place. Also got a Taurus 851 CIA I haven't had a problem with. You're not the only one who's ever felt screwed by Taurus, tho, either. I don't know what the deal is: many people have been 100% satostfied with their Taurus and many others have really gotten lemons from them, so...(?)

Mine would have to be the Lorcin .380. The first time I took it out, I bent the frame after 2 mags. Did not rapid fire, it just could not take the stress. Then the company completely went bankrupt with good reason. No one will even take it on trade. My neighbor bought it for $50. I threw in the holster and shells.

Had the exact gun - POS for sure. It would FTF every other trigger pull, and stovepipe when it did fire. I never felt safe holding that gun! I sold it at a gun show for $75 to a guy in the aisle - I got lucky :)

Hubby said mySigie h ung up on me also the first time I tried to shoot it.

My hubby shot my Sigie this past week and he got along fine but I didn't.

No problem with the gun only the handler.

I was at a local Gun Show last year standing at a booth when this guy walked up and asked the booth worker if he took trades. The guy said maybe "whata got ?" The guy presents his Accu-Tek AT380 and places it in the workers hands. The guy looks over the gun like he was interested. Next thing I knew he reached over to the area where he had small pocket knives. He picked up a cheap knife and told him, "tell you what I will trade you even for a more reliable and better defense weapon".
Needless to say the potential seller walked off ticked off. I told my friend that was with me, "sounds like a pretty fair trade to me".....

I have to agree with other post...You get what you pay for. Do some research before you buy.

A few years ago I owned a MAC-10 by Vulcan arms. The damned thing would not fire. At most, I was only able to shoot 3 or 4 consecutive rounds before the thing would just not fire. Furthermore, I had to manually eject the shell casings in order for the next round to be pushed into the chamber. A total POS!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back