Who Carries A 1911 As Your Self Defense Gun

Ironhorse,

One of my carry guns is a Star Firestar M43. Love the gun, its just a little on the heavy side. Mostly carry it in the winter with a large jacket and a super slide holster.

Woody,

Yeah, I love my Star PD, too. I've owned it since it was new, and it's reliable as ...heck. And it's lighter than my Sig 220 carry...by quite a bit.:pleasantry:

If you do google search for 1911 you can find sites and some forums dedicated to 1911's...Their is a wealth of info on the 1911...

Carry a Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II. Without a doubt the finest CC 1911 I've ever had in that caliber, and I've had more than a few. I used to carry my SA 1911 A-1 MilSpec but it was way to bulky and heavy for CC, at least for me.

Just got my CCW permit last week but I have a Kimber Ultra Carry II stainless I plan to carry. In the process of finding a holster, ordered a Crossbreed this weekend to try.

While you're at it... check this one out too. Sorry for the plug.

My number one is a Kimber ultra carry II, tritium sites and promag magazine+1. I have recently wanted a grab & go back pocket wheel gun. thought about the charter arms but have heard bad things about em. wanted the short .44 spcl...........ammo is Hornady TAP------Golden Sabre------Black Talon.........I would like to pick up a .40 or .41 or .44 spcl in a revolver snub barrel if possible

I carry a Rock Island Armory FS Tactical. MINUS the FLGR. :wink:
ria45.jpg

KImber PRO CARRY :pleasantry:like america express dont leave home without it, with a 638 S&W on the side :yu:

I have two 1911s that I CC with. One is a Kimber Gold Match the other is a Custom Springfield, both in full size. Would no tcarry anything else.

Kimber CDP Ultra lightweight in 3 " and 5" barrels or Colt Lightweight Commander are my regular carries, depending on dress.

I carry a Rock Island Armory (RIA) compact 1911 (same size as a Colt Officers model). I use a Galco Kydex OWB and a nylon IWB depending on how I dress.
Link Removed

ditto, except, Fobus OWB kydex holster. With IWB nylon, light shirt un-tucked conceals it nicely in warm weather
Some Special Forces and S.W.A.T. units still use 1911's

I used to carry a Para-Ordnance P-13 to big in the summer time so, went to a Glock. You know what I carry it even in the winter time now. With all that saidI I do miss carry my P-13. There are so many new options today as far as holsters. I have had my P-13 since 1996 moved to New Jerkistan and haven't carried for a while until I found the non resident options. Of coarse can't carry in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey but, spend a lot of time in PA. Now that I been carrying again I am thinking about new holster options for my P-13.

I carry a Rock Island Armory FS Tactical. MINUS the FLGR. :wink:
ria45.jpg

AL, how do you like your Tactical RIA? I know the RIA is a decent little 1911 and a great budget gun. I don't have any experience with the Tactical, and was thinking of getting one to bang around the woods or fishing with. I want something less expensive than my Kimbers or Colts. If I loose it overboard or it gets beat up by briars and such, I wouldn't cry as loud I guess. Have you fired it much. How's the reliability and combat accuracy? Thanks.

AL, how do you like your Tactical RIA? I know the RIA is a decent little 1911 and a great budget gun. I don't have any experience with the Tactical, and was thinking of getting one to bang around the woods or fishing with. I want something less expensive than my Kimbers or Colts. If I loose it overboard or it gets beat up by briars and such, I wouldn't cry as loud I guess. Have you fired it much. How's the reliability and combat accuracy? Thanks.
I like it a lot. It pretty much shoots to point of aim, and I think it's more accurate than I am. ;) It feeds hollow points with no trouble at all. The only thing I would change, would be to add dots to the sights to help pickup on the target faster.

I would have said "the only 2 things I'd change, would be...." But I already changed out the FLGR for a "standard" length recoil guide. :) I'm an old fashioned sort of guy, on somethings, and I don't like the FLGR. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back