What's your prefered carry method?

What's your prefered carry method?

• Total voters
90% is a Milt Sparks versa max II holding a Kimber Ultra CDP. The 10% is a Colt Pocketlite Mustang (full CDP) in a uncle mikes pocket holster.

Sigh...here it goes

Well, no one else brought it up but I carried my Sigma 9VE and CZ-40 SOB slightly off-centered to the right. Yeah I know all the arguments about what if I fall on it but I don't go to work everyday facing probable knock-down, drag-out fights so I accept the risk. Only twice in my life have I ever fallen full flat on my back other than in training situations. If I was a police or security officer, I would rethink this but, again, the risk seems acceptable for the added concealment. Also, I may be shaped different but I never had a problem sitting down with it in my car, office or home. I did occasionally hear a "THUNK" if I wasn't paying attention and sat down too quick on wooden pews at church or in some restaurants with wooden or negligible padding on the bench seats. Also, I had to avoid those funky, cheap office chairs since occasionally the butt would catch under the chair back. I stood up once and the chair came with me.

Keltec 9mm or glock 27 at 33o on belt clip works well with my florida garb. In winter I change from tee shirt to button up shirt and shorts.

carry methods

When packin' my P99 I use a kydex IWB at 4 o'clock.With my Kel Tec I purchased the optional belt clip (resembles a Clip Draw). It goes clipped to my front jeans pocket or waist depending on the length of my shirt.

-Drive fast and shoot straight

So far my ideal carry for my Rossi 4" .357 is an Uncle Mike's IWB, worn between my belt and pants. Its quick and easy to put on and take off, and a decent length shirt covers it easily. It would be nice to find one that carried a bit higher, so the search continues for the elusive "ideal" holster.

My "preferred" is shown in the PICS. It's a S&W 22-4 with a 4" Barrel and a Milt Sparks Summer Special II.

I also carry a J-Frame in my weak side pocket and reloads for both guns. This is my everyday off duty carry. On duty I carry what they issue me. :)

Small_Snow_and_Milt_Sparks_018.jpg

Small_Snow_and_Milt_Sparks_019.jpg

Small_Snow_and_Milt_Sparks_020.jpg

Small_Snow_and_Milt_Sparks_021.jpg

Biker

I just carry a little .380 for right now.I just stick the holster inside the back of my pants when I actually'carry' it and wear another shirt or a jacket.It's about the only way to really conceal it.

I carry just about everything IWB.

My 75% carry is a Wilson Stainless Professional in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2
ProVM2.jpg

I also carry a Springfield XD45 Service in a Brommeland Max Con V 15% of the time
MAXCONV.jpg

10% Primary Carry and 100% BUG is my Taurus PT-145 in a Tucker IWB or the right front pocket
PT145STLS.jpg

90% of the time IWB, like to keep my pockits free for other stuff, OWB kind of waisted my money on so far, but at least I have them, there paid for, so if needed I will have them.

It varies for my Sig 229 from IWB in a Galco Royal Guard to OWB in a Blackhawk serpa. For my Kahr CW9, 75% of the time it's in a Bob Mernickle OWB holster and 25% in a smartcarry type rig. My SP101 rides in a Don Hume OWB.

Of all these, I PREFER OWB for comfort.

While I voted IWB, it really depends on the weather and cloths I'm wearing. OWB (Belt Carry) is a little more comfortable and is how I carry in the cooler weather.

Preferred carry method

For concealed carry I use the SmartCarry holster. Occasionally I use the attached ClipDraw when driving. Lastly I use an OWB for IDPA and USPSA matches. I only have one pistol, an S&W M&P 45 with Crimson Trace LaserGrips.

Well it all depends currently I carry a HK USP .40 OWB becasue I can concealt it a little better, but like most others as the weater warms up I usually go IWB with my G23

I always have the Kel Tec P3AT in my pocket. Other than that I usually have the CZ P01 in a Biachi paddle holster or the XD(sc in a Desantis paddle holster.
I find IWB carry very uncomfortable but if I ever find a way to carry IWB that feels ok --Ill do that too

I'm new here and thought I would add too this poll. Right now it's an IWB at about 4 oclock. I would also like to do "in the pocket". I ordered a pocket holster that I should be getting in the next day or so. I want to see how that holster works. As far as the warm weather that will be approaching, I'll have to try OWB too! Man, so many. Right now it's IWB.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back