What's your plan....

My 2 cents..... sign up and sell away.... be advised for firearms you still have to go through a FFL, at your end and at the buyer's end.

GG[/QUOTE

Maybe everyone should contact Red Jacket Firearms Co. in Louisiana and have him start bootlegging his homemade guns.

My 2 cents..... sign up and sell away.... be advised for firearms you still have to go through a FFL, at your end and at the buyer's end.

GG[/QUOTE

Maybe everyone should contact Red Jacket Firearms Co. in Louisiana and have him start bootlegging his homemade guns.

"Hmmmm...well officer, as best I recollect, I sold all my guns at a local gunshow a while back when it was still legal to do so. Nah, He just paid cash. I didn't bother to get his name."

are just Government paid mercenaries??????????????

It will be at that time we will discover if our current military are real Patriots, dedicated to the defence and preservation of the Constitution, per "Oath", or are just Government paid mercenaries. I believe it would come down to a "split" decision and things could get really ugly.
"are just Government paid mercenaries."??????????????? How is the government going to pay these mercenaries- Big Brother is Big Broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, it is all conjecture. I believe that local authorities will be more than happy to "enlist" the aid of solid citizen gun owners to help restore law and order, should our society find itself fiscally distressed to the point of widespread rioting and disorder.I agree. Local people won't want their neighborhoods going to crap, like Somalian neighborhoods did. They might bring us in just for that reason alone...

It will be at that time we will discover if our current military are real Patriots, dedicated to the defence and preservation of the Constitution, per "Oath", or are just Government paid mercenaries. I believe it would come down to a "split" decision and things could get really ugly.
"are just Government paid mercenaries."??????????????? How is the government going to pay these mercenaries- Big Brother is Big Broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, it is all conjecture. I believe that local authorities will be more than happy to "enlist" the aid of solid citizen gun owners to help restore law and order, should our society find itself fiscally distressed to the point of widespread rioting and disorder.I agree. Local people won't want their neighborhoods going to crap, like Somalian neighborhoods did. They might bring us in just for that reason alone...

It isn't our boys I'm concerned about.
(It's those blue helmet wearing bastards from the United Nitwits (U.N.) I'd worry about.)

This is very interesting...

To all- The text you see here is not something I wrote- what's up with that???? At 5 AM yesterday, I was asleep! Did I get hacked?

No offense, but it's obvious that you don't have the intelligence to realize that it's not a conspiracy, it's an out in the open in our face reality. There have been almost 25,000 "INFRINGEMENTS" (gun control laws in the U.S.) on the 2nd, that's "reality". And the government isn't as stupid as you think, they will never go door to door confiscating weapons, that's ludicrous. When the time comes to ban private ownership of guns, the "Vast Majority" of "law abiding citizens" will turn them in as directed. For those who don't, you will only be able to use them ONCE, because when you do, it's all over for you, and your family. You will be a criminal if you don't obey the law, one at a time they will take you out. There will be no mercy, no martial law, just a matter of time. :pleasantry:
And that worked with prohibition!

Why do you think I'm getting so frustrated by my choices in the upcoming election? I'm legislatively opposed to most Democrats, and morally opposed to most Republicans.
Open Primaries in every election Federal, State, County, City, etc. By having open primaries we the people win and choose the best individual.

Because it's a state's rights issue, as you stated, not a federal issue, which is where the crux of our current global financial crisis lays, and why some people I know are opposed to federal gun laws altogether.

Apparently, "shall not be infringed" doesn't mean the same thing it used to.

It is not a right of the states it is a right of the people, since we are the goverment in this nation and each state, county, city, township, etc. We just forgot to keep the elected servant's in line. Fortunately that is in the proccess of being changed.

Open Primaries in every election Federal, State, County, City, etc. By having open primaries we the people win and choose the best individual.

What would open primaries would accomplish?

It is not a right of the states it is a right of the people, since we are the goverment in this nation and each state, county, city, township, etc. We just forgot to keep the elected servant's in line. Fortunately that is in the proccess of being changed.

You're correct, however, the Supreme Court has deferred to the states in gun rights issues.

The crux of our current crisis is out of control federal deficit spending. The government is going to have to stop taking out loans in the taxpayers name, and a balanced budget amemdment will go a long way.

We could pay off the national debt by assessing every individual and corporation with assets in the US, a percentage of net worth, with a balanced budget amendment to the constitution, requiring a super majority to raise taxes or issue debt in times of declared emergency. We still have to deal with entitlements, and retiring seniors for the next 50 years, but the interest savings on retiring the debt would go a long way.

It may be the only way of restoring the US economy and bringing back jobs. The reason being is that public spending has effectively crowded out the private sector. Contracting the public sector by the amount of deficit spending will allow the private sector to recover. A public sector contraction without retiring the national debt would send the US into a death spiral, because otherwise you're cutting other spending that ordinary people depend on for their livelihood. No one depends on US Treasury interest, that can't be re-invested somewhere else. That is all, for now.

I'm lost for the word, its somewhere between I don't care anymore and From my cold dead fingers. Either way, with all the evil in the world now, I just hope to leave quick w/o suffering and in peace. Dieing in my sleep would be one way.

Maybe this is of concern in some of the nanny panny states but not in South Carolina. Besides "what guns?"--"I think someone may have stolen them".

What would open primaries would accomplish?

You're correct, however, the Supreme Court has deferred to the states in gun rights issues.

The crux of our current crisis is out of control federal deficit spending. The government is going to have to stop taking out loans in the taxpayers name, and a balanced budget amemdment will go a long way.

They would allow we the people as a whole not the party membership to decide who we liked accross the board rather then only members of the party to decide. lets say you favor a canidate from another party over your own you would be able to vote for them and just maybe they are the best choice for all as the votes would prove and instead of two canidate's we would have several choices for one elected office.

Also remember the forgotten 9th amendement that supports the rights of the peole over the states also the 10th reinforces the 9th.

The crux is in reality is that we the peole are takeing back controll of the peole we send to office to represent us and thing's will be changeing the days of trusting or gone.

We could pay off the national debt by assessing every individual and corporation with assets in the US, a percentage of net worth, with a balanced budget amendment to the constitution, requiring a super majority to raise taxes or issue debt in times of declared emergency. We still have to deal with entitlements, and retiring seniors for the next 50 years, but the interest savings on retiring the debt would go a long way.
You might want to re-think that. If we were able to spend $10 million dollars per day in an effort to pay off the national debt ($14 trillion), it would take 3,836 years. Soon that debt will be $16 trillion dollars. Now consider that we can't even pay the "interest" on the $14 trillion. :no:

They would allow we the people as a whole not the party membership to decide who we liked accross the board rather then only members of the party to decide. lets say you favor a canidate from another party over your own you would be able to vote for them and just maybe they are the best choice for all as the votes would prove and instead of two canidate's we would have several choices for one elected office.

Also remember the forgotten 9th amendement that supports the rights of the peole over the states also the 10th reinforces the 9th.

The crux is in reality is that we the peole are takeing back controll of the peole we send to office to represent us and thing's will be changeing the days of trusting or gone.

I guess what I'm asking is how are we the people taking back control? I agree the two party system is firmly in control. My views are more in line with Libertarians, but they only get a few percent of the vote. I'm going to vote for Ron Paul even if I have to register as a Republican.

I also agree that the vast majority of people are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore. My point is how? It's one thing to be mad, but what are you mad about? I made the point the crux of the issue if runaway federal deficit spending and proposed a solution that will return fiscal sanity to federal government.

You might want to re-think that. If we were able to spend $10 million dollars per day in an effort to pay off the national debt ($14 trillion), it would take 3,836 years. Soon that debt will be $16 trillion dollars. Now consider that we can't even pay the "interest" on the $14 trillion. :no:

That's exactly why I propose retiring the debt by assessing every individual and corporation a percentage of net worth as part of a balanced budget amendment. We will still be paying for the failed welfare state for the next 50 years, but we'll be doing that anyway. Otherwise, service on the debt will continue to increase as debt increases, and you'll have to cut transfer payments for things like social security and medicare, services people depend on to live. No one depends on interest on treasury bills, that can't be earned on some other investment. Sure, no one wants to pay 10 - 20% of their net worth to pay off the national debt. Maybe they would rather the US default on it's debt, or turn senior citizens out on the street. I'm sure they would.

Eliminating the debt, and the deficit will also revive the job market by reducing the competition for goods and services from the public sector, which is increasingly consuming everything. However, you can't contract public spending by balancing the budget without wreaking havoc on the economy. You have to cut somewhere, and what I'm suggesting is that you start with interest payment on the debt, by paying it off.

You also can't default on the debt, because real people depend on the income from treasury bills. If you pay off treasury bills as they become due, those same people and institutions can invest their money elsewhere, and do more good with it. Our government doesn't need to be in the business of guaranteeing interest income, and harms, rather than promotes the general welfare, which is a constitutional mandate of our federal government, by taking money out of the private sector, and competing with the private sector for goods and services.

I have thought a good deal about this issue, and came up with the idea shortly after graduating from a 4 year land grant university in the 1980's with a degree in economics, and researching the amount of national net worth, which at that time was around $100T. If we were to follow this proposal, and it worked, it would solve the problem of sovereign debt, and restore the national economies of indebted nations, of which we're at the top of list in absolute terms, and in the top ten by percentage of GDP.

Rethinking my proposal isn't necessary because I've thought a good bit about it. I didn't understand your objection to it, rather, it seems you were agreeing with it by correctly stating the interest on the national debt will continue to increase as the debt increases. That money is better spent elsewhere, even though we still must have a balanced budget amendment to the US Constitution in order to reign in out of control federal deficit spending.

My vote for POTUS in 2012 will be Ron Paul.

I guess what I'm asking is how are we the people taking back control? <snipped for brevity>
You know I received this one from a very good friend from Texas...it seems to might be the answer to your question above:

QUOTE OF THE DECADE -
Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way you can understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic.Someone over there has it figured out. We have a lot of work to do.
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting an inexperienced man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Cheerio and have fun in the sun.......

What's my plan vs the economy?

It may be the only way of restoring the US economy and bringing back jobs. The reason being is that public spending has effectively crowded out the private sector. Contracting the public sector by the amount of deficit spending will allow the private sector to recover. A public sector contraction without retiring the national debt would send the US into a death spiral, because otherwise you're cutting other spending that ordinary people depend on for their livelihood. No one depends on US Treasury interest, that can't be re-invested somewhere else. That is all, for now.
How did we change from 'What's your plan' to a discussion of the economy? LOL
Regarding jobs and taxes; Here's an idea...Major corporations cut their employment costs by (let's just say 50%, for example) by sending our jobs to third world countries and their sweat shops. OK, I don't have a problem with that...if these companies pay a tariff on foreign goods. I say that companies SHOULD ship our jobs overseas as long as they are willing to pay a 500% import tariff and a 499% tax on foreign services. For example, Microsoft cuts a worker making $35.000/year in favor of a foreigner making $3,500.00/year. That's fine. I'm all for it. BUT, Microsoft should pay 500% tax on every $1.00 that foreigner earns. We could ALL retire! I'm perfectly ok with that! If the company doesn't like that, there is another 100% additional tax for being stupid....

when the fed's. or whoever Obama send's to take your gun's away? It's going to happen sooner or later i'm afraid.He's pretty hell bent on being the exhaulted supreme leader.

Do you really believe something like this would happen here in this country ?, trust me, it never will. Look at Libya right now, the people there had finally had enough and they went to war to get rid of there dictator government. If our government ever tried that here the government would be in for the biggest civil war of it life. The armed people of this great nation far out number all of the military armed forces, and even with all of the high tech military equiptment the military has, they would be in for one hell of a fight. And i personally believe there is victory in numbers, because i doubt they could kill us all.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back