What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Votes: 19 1.0%

Votes: 18 1.0%

Votes: 78 4.3%
  • .38 Special

Votes: 137 7.5%

Votes: 259 14.2%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 446 24.4%
  • .41 Magnum

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 386 21.2%
  • 9mm

Votes: 690 37.8%
  • 10mm

Votes: 16 0.9%

• Total voters

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
So we've have the poll about which are the most popular concealed carry handgun so now I'd like to see which calibers are the most popular.

I know I only started with a few. I can't possibly post every caliber possibly so please if you don't see your caliber just post it to this thread.

Last edited:
The 45 is a favorite of mine, and I have four handguns in that caliber. But when weather and clothing doesn't allow for a large gun, it's going to be the LCP that I carry.:redface:

I carry a G36SF .45ACP and a Kel-Tech 9mm PF-9

Sorry for the edit.

I also wanted to add the .38 Special as a caliber, since lots of us carry a little snub nose .38 in the summer.

Last edited:
220 and XD45 in .45.
226, 250 and XD9 in 9mm
Jericho in .40
238, 230 or Colt Mustang in .380

The 220 gets carried the most.

I voted for .45. Even though I carry .38 SPL +P about 90% of the time. Unfortunately, it wasn't on the list.

What about the .38 spl + P? I know over penitration is a issue but with the proper defense ammo it should not be a problem. Im sorry but when I think of CCing I think of my Ruger LCR. Perfect conceal gun!!

I shoot 9mmP much better in IDPA than I shoot .40 or .45. I'm both noticably faster and significantly more accurate with 9mm, so both my main every day carry guns (G19/G26) are 9mmP. I carry one or the other as an EDC.

When nothing else can be concealed, I carry the .380 LCP. But I have a standing order for the first LC9 my local dealer gets in his store. I won't sell the LCP when I get the LC9, but the Walther PPK/S will be traded in on it because I will no longer have a use for it.

Fitch

Carry Caliber

Donald, I must disagree with you on the .45 kicking like a mule. I used to shoot in Combat Competition, and one of the best gunhands was a 12-year old kid we called 'Fly. He weighed 90 lbs, soaking wet with rocks in his pockets, and he could rap off 8 rounds and do a tactical reload so fast, you thought he had a 15 round mag. I don't know what the problem is that you have trouble with the recoil of .45 ACP, unless you have a very light weapon. Now, I have a Springfield Armory XD-45 that is comfortably light, but the slide is heavy on a composite frame. The felt recoil is easy to handle. I would recommend getting together with a good instructor. He might be able to help you overcome your problem.

Can't beat the 45! My PM45 goes everywhere with me. I voted .45 SPC since 45 ACP was not on the list...:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back