What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Votes: 19 1.0%

Votes: 18 1.0%

Votes: 78 4.3%
  • .38 Special

Votes: 137 7.5%

Votes: 259 14.2%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 446 24.4%
  • .41 Magnum

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 386 21.2%
  • 9mm

Votes: 690 37.8%
  • 10mm

Votes: 16 0.9%

• Total voters
night train

my favorite carry is sig 40. I alternate between my Glock17, sig 626.

I carry a 9mm but have a 40sw, but I just cant put that new looking 40 in the holster.

Caliber is nice - accuracy and attitude is better. I'm sold on .357, but use .22 WRM, .380, .38/.38+P - even a 9mm - how's that for eclectic?

Caliber is nice - accuracy and attitude is better. I'm sold on .357, but use .22 WRM, .380, .38/.38+P - even a 9mm - how's that for eclectic?

I do own a .357 with .38 Spec +P's for the wife when I'm away. Like my JHP Mags for when I'm home, night stand ready. BUT my CC is and probably always will be 45ACP. It's been around too long and has dropped to many over the years to wonder if I should load anything else out in town.

CA .44 spl has quietly become my EDC (POCKET CARRY)!

On the days where CC'ing is dictated by dress, I pack a LCR .38 in the pocket.

Attempted the IWB thing with a HK45c, but realized, that I like pocket carry better than IWB due to the comfort of having my hand on my pistol if & when my "spidey sense" starts tingling!

most popular ccw caliber

I have just read the voting chart on the most popular ccw calibers.

From my experience (carrying ccw since 1963) I find the results very inaccurate.

The question is flawed by not stipulating that the answers have to be from people who " always carry concealed."

In the year 2011, if you have the carry concealed license, there should have been a question on the application indicating that the permit holder is going to carry a firearm for personal protection.

I said yes, therefore I carry a firearm from when I get up to when I go to bed.

We live in some areas where crimes occur and if you do not want to be a victim you carry your frirearm.

I do not want to tell the burglar who is in my house to wait there while I get my heavy weight ccw handgun from the bedroom.

Just my two cents.

The is a decent training article in

Link Removed

it is good reading.

Pat Olvey
email [email protected]

I voted for the .45 ACP since my EDC is a CW45. Good round, good gun. My BUG is my second-favorite caliber - the .357 magnum. I'll never feel under-gunned when I'm carrying my LCR 357 during the long and hot Oklahoma summers.:biggrin:

I carry a Ruger 357 snubbie, my wife a S&W 357 snubbie. If I'm just going to be local, I'll tuck my Beretta Tomcat in a pocket. Carry the heavier artillery in the car traveling. (We drag our camper around a lot.)

GG

favorite carry caliber

I actually shoot the 45ACP the best and the 40 S&W second but I'm being truthful here when I say the airweight 38 special usually rides on my hip.
When asked in classes I teach what is the best concealed carry weapon I always tell them the 44 magnum but of course very few folks would actually carry such a weapon. So, my response is always whatever weapon a CCW holder will grab EVERYTIME when they leave home!
The biggest cannon in the world won't do much good leaning against the wall at home but whatever weapon you chose to carry is many times better than an empty holster!

Question Flawed

The question should have taken into consideration who carries a handgun all of the time instead of what is your favorite caliber.

All of the people I know who carry all the time carry either a 32 or 380 in a pokcet holster and a 38 smith revolver.

The calibers mentioned in this forum are too large for everday 16 hour carry.

Just my 2 cents

Pat Olvey
email [email protected]

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back