What's The Most Popular Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

What is your favorite Concealed Weapon Handgun Caliber?

Votes: 19 1.0%

Votes: 18 1.0%

Votes: 78 4.3%
  • .38 Special

Votes: 137 7.5%

Votes: 259 14.2%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 446 24.4%
  • .41 Magnum

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • .45 ACP

Votes: 386 21.2%
  • 9mm

Votes: 690 37.8%
  • 10mm

Votes: 16 0.9%

• Total voters
I carry an H&K USP compact 9mm. For ccw its the best caliber simply because you get a high capacity for rounds, very accurate, easy to handle for smaller or less experienced shooters, while still providing PLENTY of stopping power.

Always remember: Anything worth shooting, is worth shooting twice.

9x19 Parabellum - 9MM

Great prices on rounds for the range, & a very decent round for SD. Oh, & (generally) more rounds in the mag.

Right at the moment, my 9mm Glock 26 is all I have available for carry, will be adding an LCR 357 and a Taurus Millenium Pro .45 to my arsenal verrry soon!

40 xd subcompact with extended mag gives u the small versatility of a subcompact with the the grip of a compact and the bang of a real gun. Its truly not perfect until xd builds a subcompact .45! By far a .45 is my gun of choice however I don't thinks its considered concealed when your body noticeably slants to side its holstered to!

I voted for .45. Even though I carry .38 SPL +P about 90% of the time. Unfortunately, it wasn't on the list.

.38 Special is the calibre. +P is the ammunition. It is nearly a magnum load in a .38 Special casing... not recommended for continous use in the smal frame arms, marginal in medium frame, and ok for the large frames.

vote for 410 pdx self defense

I like the fact I can pull my public defender and pull the trigger 5 times and leave 75 holes. 410 pdx.....but I also carry my Flock 27 with 40 de...

Better than .40?

.357Sig is becoming more popular. It recoils just slightly more than a 9mm but has stopping power similar to a .40, but more accurate, according to FBI tests - see Link Removed. Smaller gun, higher capacity - this one might start to be a front runner!

When I'm wearing enough clothes to properly conceal it a .45. In warm weather a .9mm I've got 2 Kimbers and a Kahr.

I have a Glock 27, Ruger SP 101, Ruger SR9C and a Walther PPK. I prefer to carry my Glock 27 because it feels the best for me. I keep my Ruger SP101 for home defense loaded with 357 mag.

My .45ACP 1911s are there to get me to the MPA M-10 with red dot sight. 2 mags equal 1 empty box of .45ACP ammo and 20% of another.Link Removed

I carry a .380 all the time every where. But my first love is my .45 carried it for more then 11 years and still do some times. I have a 9mm now and I like it too so I often carry both the .380 and the 9mm together. I carry a .44 mag when I am out of the city. The .44 mag is still an amazing cartridge to me you can actually hit a tree at 600 yards with it (paced it off). Zero the pistol for 100 yards on a 12 inch bull then use the base of your front ramp site for your alignment point (that is a lot of elevation)it will hit a man sized target fairly easily out to 600 yards. Note: 600 yards is a long rifle shot for me.

I have a Ruger LCP, Ruger SR9C and a Glock 27. I like to carry the Glock because I like the feel of the gun. I keep my 380 handy in my car glove compartment just in case I may need it.

.45ACP is my current favorite. Kimber Ultra Raptor. Hides well in the IBW holster.
Started out with a 9mm for a number of years and still a good second choice.

I carry either a Sig P226 NAVY or a Sig P250 compact... My back up is a Taurus 905 all in 9mm ammo is either Glaser or Magtech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back