What's the best .380

The LCP. It just works ( the new version 2) the issues with the long trigger pull and mushy feel gone ; the sights are now usable. 200 plus rounds in the new one and not a single issue. I'm impressed. I am a big fan of pocket pistols and have had a couple bodyguards and 2 gen 1 lcps. One is with my daughter and runs like a champ.

The things I didn't like on the BG
Laser needs to be turned on the LCP when drawn comes on
Broke 2 firing pins
On the plus side seems better build than the lcp , uses +p ammo ( buffalo bore worked fine ) good sights
Locks back LCP does not

I had one sig 238. It worked fine , just not a fan of locked and cocked. I like stupid simple. The other 2 above as sleeker and simpler.
The big plus can use +p ammo ( so I have been told) and the best trigger. And sights
I have seen the Kahr but never fired one so I can't comment

Just ' bout the action Boss...

The LC380 is a nice carry gun also. Little larger than LCP but still small enough to carry IWB or pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So by now You were given answers on about every 380 out there. I did not read them all but I can tell you my Keltec 3AT has never faulted--period. It was not expensive with no "extra furniture" like lasers etal, which I do not understand with a mouse gun or belly gun--take your pick. You just have to go to a gun show and feel them all--they all have their little nuances and no one can really tell you which is best, they can only tell you what they purchased and why they like it--if they are telling you the truth and not admitting that they made a mistake. Due diligence is not purchasing based on comments but using the information along with personal touchy feely--after all your choice of a personal self defense firearm is very personal and very important.

I looked at several, but picked the Taurus 738 TCP. I didn't choose it because its was the least expensive, but that was a nice thing too!

Pretty rare I carry a .380 other than as a BUG (I prefer my G26), but I also have the Taurus TCP 738. Have owned it for several years, put ~25 rounds through it each range trip and have had no issues with it. I know some owners who have, but I suspect it has to do with putting too many rounds through it - it is not a shoot once per week, 100-200 rounds pistol. I chose it over others (e.g., my wife carries the Kel Tec P3AT) because I prefer to have the slide lock back.

Pretty rare I carry a .380 other than as a BUG (I prefer my G26), but I also have the Taurus TCP 738. Have owned it for several years, put ~25 rounds through it each range trip and have had no issues with it. I know some owners who have, but I suspect it has to do with putting too many rounds through it - it is not a shoot once per week, 100-200 rounds pistol. I chose it over others (e.g., my wife carries the Kel Tec P3AT) because I prefer to have the slide lock back.

I have owned mine for about 3 1/2 years and as I said, have put around 1K rounds through it... So, y'know do the math for yearly round count. I shoot every range trip, putting at least 50 rounds through it. The last round hold-open is a very nice feature, indeed! I added the pinky-extension mag plate to all my mags and find it really improves the shoot-ability of the pistol.

Bottom line: I do recommend the weapon to anybody looking for the genre.

The LC380 is a nice carry gun also. Little larger than LCP but still small enough to carry IWB or pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Not that I'm knocking the LC380, because if that is what you like, then who am I to tell you it's no good. But in my personal opinion, I will only buy and carry a 380 that is smaller than a 9mm can be made. So with the specs of the lc380 being the exact same as the lc9, I would never choose the weaker caliber model. Just thought the OP should know that if he does look towards the LC380, the LC9 is the EXACT same gun, only difference obviously being caliber.

I carried an AMT Backup or Llama 380 for many years and found them extremely concealable and lightweight (especially the AMT) but I had them both jam occasionally during practice. This might have been due to the ammo I was using or the fact that the grip (on the AMT) is too small to get more than two fingers around. Another reason may be that they were both very cheap guns and sometimes you do get what you pay for. I haven't bought another 380 since then (mid eighties) but am thinking about the Beretta Nano in the future. I am anxious to hold one with the extended magazine in my hand because I consider the grip size and feel to be of supreme importance. Hope this is helpful.

Have a Bursa Thunder 380. Can get all fingers on the gun for control. Has 7 round magazines and she shoots pretty. Not bad for a gun that can be got for less than $300.

I have over 6 (six) hundred rounds through my TCP and I shoot it every chance I get!
I have MORE fun shooting 100/150 rounds at a time through the TCP than through all of my other guns combined.
It is reliable, as long as I don't use 102grn Golden Saber. It causes it to hang up.
This little beauty has some great features too.
Slide locks back after last round in the mag is fired, loaded chamber indicator, both visual and tactile.
Very light (polymer frame/ metal slide) and disappears into a pocket.
While it is not my EDC, that distinction goes to either my S&W .40 FS or my XD45, it is always with me as my BUG.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

"Best" questions are nuts. The only answer is that "best" is the one that fits your needs, fits the shooter, is reliable and fits one's budget.

I carried the Ruger LCP for a while but didn't like the long trigger pull and the kick started to be a little too much after 20-30 rounds. Nice to carry and easy to conceal . Now carrying the Bersa Thunder 380. The size is larger than the Ruger and is easer on the hand when on the range. This pistol is almost an exact copy of the Walther PPK 380. Still it is easily concealed and not much difference at the end of the day as far as the feel of ITP carry all day.

Love my Sig P238. All metal so recoil is less. Problem is I can't get it away from my wife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carried the Ruger LCP for a while but didn't like the long trigger pull and the kick started to be a little too much after 20-30 rounds. Nice to carry and easy to conceal . Now carrying the Bersa Thunder 380. The size is larger than the Ruger and is easer on the hand when on the range. This pistol is almost an exact copy of the Walther PPK 380. Still it is easily concealed and not much difference at the end of the day as far as the feel of ITP carry all day.

I have a LCP with a CT laserguard. It is easy to carry because of it's weight and size. It is reliable and accurate. It is not a range gun.
For it's intended purpose I don't see the need to practice with more then 20-30 rounds at a time. Of course practice is important but you could do that a few times or even less a month with this gun. That's the trade off > > easy carry vs a 200 -300 round fun gun per range visit as I see it.

Not that I'm knocking the LC380, because if that is what you like, then who am I to tell you it's no good. But in my personal opinion, I will only buy and carry a 380 that is smaller than a 9mm can be made. So with the specs of the lc380 being the exact same as the lc9, I would never choose the weaker caliber model. Just thought the OP should know that if he does look towards the LC380, the LC9 is the EXACT same gun, only difference obviously being caliber.

Exactly! Your point is well taken. The only possible reason I can think of to having a gun in .380 the same size as a 9 is possibly less recoil.
The point of the .380 is easy concealment and carry. I like my LCP and Kahr P.380. Now looking for more "firepower" I would consider the LC9 and I am thinking Kahr MK9 Elite for a small carry gun. Of course if you want a 9 as small as a .380 there is the
product-gun-r9standard.png
Just my 3 cents! hmmmm Is that too much?:no:

Definitely agree about choosing 380s only if you are looking for the smallest possible. That being said, my EDC almost every day is my Kahr P380. I love that little gun. It's unbelievably reliable and easy as well as comfortable to conceal. It's actually smaller and more comfortable even than my KelTec P3AT, and was bought to upgrade. I love my Kahr P9, and it's fairly concealable, but for what I wear to work, the P380 can't be beat. Carrying at my job is not illegal, and there's no policy (yet...I don't want to be the cause of such a policy), but I want to be as absolutely concealed as possible. I figure if I can't put something/someone down with 7 rounds of 380, or the additional 7 rounds in the spare mag in my pocket, or the knife in the pocket, then I'm pretty well dead by that point anyway. Also, for the Glock fans, the 42 is roughly the same size as my P9, and with a lower capacity and lower powered cartridge. This would be a good opportunity to jump ship if you're looking for the small single stack.

I was very impressed with the Bodyguard .380 at my LGS this week, but they only had the model with the integrated laser (from the factory, I gather). The "activate" button wasn't like Crimson Trace where it was integrated into the grip where it would activate without a specific action - it appears you have to turn them on with a specific press of your index finger while gripping the weapon. I was a little concerned about having that level of fine motor control in a "real" situation, but other than that, it felt GREAT in my hand (I normally carry and shoot an XDM (compact) so I was surprised that such a small gun felt good. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet - I need to find a local range that rents them, but it's worth a try for what looks like a great pocket gun in .380.

To activate the laser on the BG I use my left thumb. Since the index finger of my drawing hand (right) is not strong enough to press it in and it's an awkward motion. As the left hand grips the right I keep the left thumb vertical and hit laser, then finish securing the grip. I have both a LCP and a BG and they are very similar with a few differences. The main are the BG has a safety, better sights and locks back when mag is spent.

Just ' bout the action Boss...

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back