What's the best .380

I've been through multiple pocket 380s and I find the glock 42 to fit me best. Great shooter you can really enjoy at the range and is easily concealed. I have an lcp to throw in a pocket for quick errands but the glock is my first choice. I had a bodyguard for a while but it felt cheap when breaking it down. Got to have confidence in your carry guns!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using USA Carry mobile app

You ask what's the best, but all you'll get from this forum is what someone you don't even know, likes or carries. Will someone suggest the best? Possibly. Most likely though, no.

The choice of what's best is totally up to you to figure out by trying out several different weapons at your local range, and deciding what fits, and what works for you.

Kahr P380. The best trigger of the striker fired bunch. P238 has the best trigger over all, but for me, its one thing to carry cocked and locked on my hip, another to carry that way in my pocket. I use either a Desantis Nemesis or a Tuff "Cellphone" holster. The Tuff holster is the way to go, if you carry a lot of crap (like I usually do) in your pockets.

I Tuck, Conceal Carry , Everyday Carry Holster, Heavy Duty Clip, Tuckable Design, Smart phone, Firearm,
I too carry cocked and lock, but theres no way I'd put one of those little turds in my pocket with the hammer pulled back, safety or no safety

Interesting. Too bad the cell phone pouch is not big enough for my Galaxy Note 2 which is 6" x 3.25" x 0.4" with its case on. It may work for my wife, so thanks.

I like the SW380 Bodyguard. I've never had any failure to fire yet from it, in about maybe 200 rounds since last year. Built in laser is nice, but it can get covered with carbon when shooting.

Also, the Keltec P3AT was lighter, and IMHO had a better trigger than the Bodyguard, but for whatever reason it would ever so occasionally stovepipe on me. Like 1 out of 30 or so times. Checked my grip, tried lots of ammo, even sent it back to Keltec. Never could fix it for me. Gave to my father in law for christmas. Goes bang everytime for him and he loves it. Go figure.

humble???
and some might find helpful.
thanks for your valued input
I was being sarcastic. Your comment was the opposite of humble...it was arrogant and condescending towards those who choose to carry a .380 and are legitimately listening to what has to be said on this thread.

I was being sarcastic. Your comment was the opposite of humble...it was arrogant and condescending towards those who choose to carry a .380 and are legitimately listening to what has to be said on this thread.

it was nothing of the sort, it is my opinion that the best .380 is a 9mm, you do realize that they are essentially the same round

it was nothing of the sort, it is my opinion that the best .380 is a 9mm, you do realize that they are essentially the same round

Well yes, but someone who is specifically looking for a .380 is not going to find it helpful to be told they should get a 9mm. And lacking any additional information, it sounded arrogant, whether you meant it or not.

I do realize that of course. They may be "essentially" the same round. But they are not interchangeable like a .223 is with a 5.56. So when someone asks what the best .380 gun is, which is what this thread is doing, suggesting a 9mm is like suggesting an AR-10 when someone asks who makes the best AR-15.

I am a Pocket gun enthusiast. Have been shooting them on a regular basis for over a decade. Started off with the Ruger LCP. Went through 4 of them, actually wore them out. My favorites are the Beretta Pico and the Kahr. I own two of them.
Beretta Pico has one of the best build quality of any I have ever seen. And a Pico will keep on running way after LCP fold like weak lawn chairs. Stainless steel chassis which is modular and easy to change grips or work on. Best sights in class. Magazines are stainless steel with a steel follower, they look like custom 1911's. They even ship with a stainless steel guide rod. Just pure engineering all throughout the gun. And they run. I mean they eat a lot of ammo and just do not go down. No cracked frames, split rails, broken take down pins etc. like the LCP etc. and they are so mild to shoot.
The Kahr is also a wonderful built firearm. Steel inserts in the frame at the stress points. Smooth Dao trigger. Both Pico and Kahr have nice triggers. Deliberate and smooth all the way through. Controlled, the way a pocket gun should be.

41a3ILZ.mp4
0MNAT5W.jpg

2Wuy9GQ.jpg

First range session with New Kahr P380. Flawless 200 rds.
eVsR9lf.jpg

A few months ago. I received my third Pico. The trigger was much lighter than the latest version. And I did not like this. But he shot 200 rds fine. At the end I set the target out to 15 yds. I took one mag and slowly tried to find how the trigger was at that range. First some shots low, then some high. Found my grove and rapid fired the rest. The gun performed.

fy9ZaEM.jpg

These guns have a longer learning curve but spend some time with them and they will do what you tell them to do. Just great little guns. Top quality.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back