what should i do now?

Hey SuperPrincess. Here's an idea. Too bad she is so far from you. I wish her well. Link Removed There is a need.

Bill, maybe you should start patroling the ammo sights online sometimes you find one with free shipping and the prices are not to bad, you can comw out about with wally world, typicaly the big stores, are no deal, Gander, Bass Pro, but we were walking through Academy last sat and really scored on some 22 quiet for my grandaughters 22 rifle, it was $3.95 a box, my bud had it fo $6, and wall marts was $8.00, we bought 600 rds, there seems to be about 100 places to buy online some good deals some are no deal, just google "handgun ammo for sale" and see what you find

Hey Rocketgeezer...Do you know anything about Magtech Ammo? Found a real good price at one online site. 20 cents a round for 9mm. That is the cheapest I have seen it. I've got a box of this I meant to try last week and forgot, must have been old age and the excitement of shooting the new gun. Oh well I try them out tomorrow to see if they will cycle through my guns before I buy 1000 rounds.

Hey Princess....good for tomorrow? I'll be at the range at noon. I didn't make it to the other store that I had intended today but I'll try and leave early enough to see if they have any 9mm on the shelf tomorrow. If they have any I am going to buy what they have. If not I think I still have 3 or 400 rounds so that will be more than enough for an hour or so of fun and practice.

Hey Rocketgeezer...Do you know anything about Magtech Ammo? Found a real good price at one online site. 20 cents a round for 9mm. That is the cheapest I have seen it. I've got a box of this I meant to try last week and forgot, must have been old age and the excitement of shooting the new gun. Oh well I try them out tomorrow to see if they will cycle through my guns before I buy 1000 rounds.
Yeah, its good stuff, did you meen you found it for $10 a box? if so buy all you can, it is good brass FMJ, have used alot of it, never had a problem, .....if you or Princess, dont mind in your travels to the range and gun shops if they happen to have a mag for a Bersa thunder 22 pistol, get there ph # and let me know, I like the gun but we have 3 or 4 mags for each gun we have, i dont plan to carry it just would like to have more than one mag, they for some reason are super tough to come by

Yeah, its good stuff, did you meen you found it for $10 a box? if so buy all you can, it is good brass FMJ, have used alot of it, never had a problem, .....if you or Princess, dont mind in your travels to the range and gun shops if they happen to have a mag for a Bersa thunder 22 pistol, get there ph # and let me know, I like the gun but we have 3 or 4 mags for each gun we have, i dont plan to carry it just would like to have more than one mag, they for some reason are super tough to come by

We'll look into the mags and let you know. Thanks....

Hey Princess....good for tomorrow? I'll be at the range at noon. I didn't make it to the other store that I had intended today but I'll try and leave early enough to see if they have any 9mm on the shelf tomorrow. If they have any I am going to buy what they have. If not I think I still have 3 or 400 rounds so that will be more than enough for an hour or so of fun and practice.
Hi Bill, of course I am available at noon. Hope the px4 is accurate..:)

Link RemovedLink Removed

Hey All......Update on Sprincess and the range session and her new XP4, one photo with her holding her new weapon under the target after firing multiple rounds, getting used to it. The second is of her last two mags and the last of the ammo we had with us. I think she did great with never firing it before, very nice grouping and I think it will fit her nicely. I shot several mags through her XP4 as well and in deed it is accurate and as I look at the photos I am convinced that her grouping was good but to the left, mine was very similar but low, I am convinced that this is caused by our wrist movement when pulling the trigger. So with that said I think she will get very good with it once she gets it sighted in with more practice. I think you all will agree she could still could ruin the BG's day if she was ever put in that situation again. I am so happy for her....She has the task of cleaning her weapon this weekend before she fires it again at the range anyways. All a part of shooting.

There were three or four jams today that I am really confused about and we both would appreciate any input. We used three types of ammo today, Winchester, Federal and Indepence, all 9mm. All of the jams occurred with princess using her XP4 and my P95. I was standing behind her and thought I had a good view to see what she was doing but really couldn't see the trigger. The failures were with the federal ammo but I never had an issue with her gun or mine. My only thought is there any way possible that she may not be releasing the trigger fully hence causing a problem? It may not be an issue at all as both the guns are new maybe it's just the breaking in thing.

Princess you told me to post my target from today, I thought about it and told you NO, this was your post, and I wasn't going to do it. All of us are here for you. that but I have to say helping you has helped me a lot. Just in three weeks there has been deadly improvement for both of us and I have enjoyed every minute of our time at the range. I am honored to have met you, Thanks for being my range partner.

There were three or four jams today that I am really confused about and we both would appreciate any input. We used three types of ammo today, Winchester, Federal and Indepence, all 9mm. All of the jams occurred with princess using her XP4 and my P95.

Limp wristing would be my first guess.

Link RemovedLink Removed

Hey All......Update on Sprincess and the range session and her new XP4, one photo with her holding her new weapon under the target after firing multiple rounds, getting used to it. The second is of her last two mags and the last of the ammo we had with us. I think she did great with never firing it before, very nice grouping and I think it will fit her nicely. I shot several mags through her XP4 as well and in deed it is accurate and as I look at the photos I am convinced that her grouping was good but to the left, mine was very similar but low, I am convinced that this is caused by our wrist movement when pulling the trigger. So with that said I think she will get very good with it once she gets it sighted in with more practice. I think you all will agree she could still could ruin the BG's day if she was ever put in that situation again. I am so happy for her....She has the task of cleaning her weapon this weekend before she fires it again at the range anyways. All a part of shooting.

There were three or four jams today that I am really confused about and we both would appreciate any input. We used three types of ammo today, Winchester, Federal and Indepence, all 9mm. All of the jams occurred with princess using her XP4 and my P95. I was standing behind her and thought I had a good view to see what she was doing but really couldn't see the trigger. The failures were with the federal ammo but I never had an issue with her gun or mine. My only thought is there any way possible that she may not be releasing the trigger fully hence causing a problem? It may not be an issue at all as both the guns are new maybe it's just the breaking in thing.

Princess you told me to post my target from today, I thought about it and told you NO, this was your post, and I wasn't going to do it. All of us are here for you. that but I have to say helping you has helped me a lot. Just in three weeks there has been deadly improvement for both of us and I have enjoyed every minute of our time at the range. I am honored to have met you, Thanks for being my range partner.

thats dam good shooting for the first range session with a new gun, as for the jams she was most likely limping it, the first range session I had with my Colt Defender my grandaughter and I had no trouble whatsoever, my wife had a couple jams out of three clips, I said your limping it, so she paid attention not to, and had no more trouble, now with well over 750 rds through the gun, it shoots like butter I have tryed to limp it, and it still fires and cycles,

Hey everyone, I stopped by wally world and bought a pistol cleaning kit, a gun cleaning toolset, a pack of 200 cotton patches and remington rem oil. Have to find a cleaning video on youtube, hopefully I can figure out how to do it right. Does anyone know if I should clean after every range session and did I buy everything needed???

Link RemovedLink Removed
All of us are here for you. that but I have to say helping you has helped me a lot. Just in three weeks there has been deadly improvement for both of us and I have enjoyed every minute of our time at the range. I am honored to have met you, Thanks for being my range partner.

Thanks Bill for your nice comments and you are very welcome. I hope to go back to the range asap. Just want to see how the
px4 performs after cleaning. So maybe early this coming week like Monday or Tuesday. :)

thats dam good shooting for the first range session with a new gun, as for the jams she was most likely limping it, the first range session I had with my Colt Defender my grandaughter and I had no trouble whatsoever, my wife had a couple jams out of three clips, I said your limping it, so she paid attention not to, and had no more trouble, now with well over 750 rds through the gun, it shoots like butter I have tryed to limp it, and it still fires and cycles,

Hi Rocketgeezer! I still am not sure what limping is, there never was a problem with Bills lc9. But it has to be limping it, because every time he fired it was fine...the weapon only acts up with me. Maybe if you explain it, or I can look it up on youtube...:)

hold the gun tight enough so it comes back to target after recoil line your wrist up with your forearm straight and you shouldn't have that problem and even when shooting from the hip or other positions hold firm not way too firm but a good firmness ..you'll get the hang of it
best always

Hi Numenor! I am guessing limp wristing also, even though I do not have any idea what it is..:)

Basically, limp wristing is leaving slack in your grip that absorbs enough of the recoil energy to prevent the gun from cycling properly. It's a pretty common issue with beginning pistol shooters, so don't worry about it. Just work on ensuring that your wrist is locked and that you have a firm (not tight) grip on your pistol.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back